Music: It's getting worse.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Shelley, that is the same problem when I tried to put in the song "Where Have all the Flower's Gone." I think YouTube is having some problems.

I love that song! We are in a real bad drought in CA. Rain is liquid gold for us.

Shelley, that is the same problem when I tried to put in the song "Where Have all the Flower's Gone." I think YouTube is having some problems.

I love that song! We are in a real bad drought in CA. Rain is liquid gold for us.

Ruth, are you doing grey water rationing?

Thank you Shelley, The classics will always be around and i still enjoy them.

Ruth, are you doing grey water rationing?

Thank you Shelley for the song about global warming, it is real bad throughout the Earth. Mankind has caused it.

Not yet, but it will come unless we have winter this summer. Our main river in our county is completely dry. No water at all. :ponder:

You guys think that current music sucks but believe it or not, Justin Bieber will be a classic in the future.

I don't know. I just found out about a contemporary band "cake" and its good. So i don't know whats all going on but there is some new stuff that is really creative out there.

niceguyVZ and Janus,

Why don't you put links in for the music that you like?

Thank you Shelley.

Hmm, i found a whole new frontier of music that was previously unknown to me or at least i did not pay too much attention to it before. And that is the classical music from centuries ago. So many good songs that I have never heard of yet are such classics.

I liked it so much that i've started to learn how to play the piano 1.5 yrs ago on my own. Now i can play Beethoven's Fur Elise quite well as well as Beethoven's Moonlight sonata movement 1. Here are some nice songs.

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=z8uIoQEtV_c

Cheers,

:piano: :pop:

Thank you Zolt, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love Beethoven, Mozart, etc. I also love harp music. The harp is beautiful.

I practiced playing the piano when I was growing up. I never got the hang of it but I enjoy listening to the music.

That's awesome. Thanks for posting, Zolt. I really liked Igoshina. One of my favorites, not that I'm a connoisseur, is Artur Schnabel. And, if you haven't seen Chico Marx play, you haven't lived.

Two of my favorite musicians are Paul Meyer, a clarinetist, and Wynton Marsalis.

Here's Paul:

There's three movements, which you will find. I am taking a bit of a hiatus in my playing until I get my own apartment, but I have spent some time working on that piece. Some of it is too hard for me to play up to speed. (Paul takes it pretty fast.)

I think it's so cool that you were able to pick up the piano and really make progress. I quit playing when I was younger, and then started again over a year ago. It was hard going. When you are older I think it must be so much harder to learn from the beginning. I took some piano lessons when I was a kid, and learned a bit more in college, but I can't play piano. Think John Thompson's Easiest.

easiest.jpg

Last edited:
Shelly, I tried to learn "Something in the way she moves" on Ukulele. It was sad. But I figured out most of the solo. It's one of my favorite Beatles tunes. The thing about the Beatles is that they don't sound dated. Even the most idiomatic stuff.

Last edited:
Matthew74, I love Chico Marx on the piano. Have you heard Harpo Marx play the harp? He is great. I am enjoying the music.

Matthew 74,

I actully have a degree in audio engineering, I have to agree with you. Most music today and most music mixes today is terrible. I have done both live mixes and also some studio recording as well as well as audio post production. I am taking a break right now becasue of my health. Most artists of today are all about image not the music. When you look at the the history of the process of recording production they used to use analog boards and they used to use razor blades to edit takes so the artists and bands had to be very precise in what they recorded. Talent was regarded very highly back then. Now everything is done with digital boards and and your edits are done with a press of a button. You don't like that take? Well ok its gone. Also every thing is over processed in my opinion which adds to the noise factor. As far as mics, speakers, headphones are concerned you can get some very good ones on the market my favorite ones are made by sennheiser. They are very expensive however.Mine were about $300 but again they were made for mixing.

[ame]http://youtu.be/pLgJ7pk0X-s[/ame]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom