Need help!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hand of Blood

Stalwart
Reaction score
hey guys

Does anyone know what the best anti depressants are to take with tegretol?

I used to take citalopram and hated it so much
I dont really wanna take any but it used to help my anger and its got way out of control lately

Hi Hand of Blood,

I'm not sure what the best anti depressant is to take with tegretol but I was told by my Epileptologist that anti depressants will reverse what the seizure meds are supposed to do. You may want to try taking vitamin B12 once a day that helped me as I found out over the yrs. that feeling depressed is all part of having epilepsy do to the meds a person takes. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

I was just thinking about you the other day! (fellow Ulsterwoman here again, if you can remember me haha)

I was on mirtazapine a few years ago and that really helped me out in the short term, if i remember right i was on tegretol at the time too.

Just go to the docs and tell them that the citalopram isn't working out for you any more and request a change. Depression meds can be just like e meds with trying to find the right one.

My brother was on citalopram for a good while, and even without any other health problems, it caused serious dizziness and other side effects for him for weeks until it evened out a bit.

Sorry you're having such a crap time :hugs:

oh hey loopy lou i remember you :) hows it going?

ive been off citalopram since 2015 coming off was most horrible experiance ever!
damn anti sezure meds :( i hate the depression and the tired and the extra tired from the depression lol

I need to fix my temper though or its gonna go over board :( docs dont listen either :ponder:

Back
Top Bottom