Neurofeedback - Rebecca's Story

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I feel like we have won a trophy. :dancing:

It has now been :rose: ONE YEAR :rose: without question, free of seizures.

I know that it is not a sure bet that she will be free from any further issues. However, we will take each day as a gift, and breath a bit easier. :banana:

Thank you all, for the years of support. :e:

That's great news :woot:

How awesome is that? Congrats to Rebecca for sticking with it and kudos to you for persevering with "the road not taken".

Hi Robin,

I am so glad for Rebecca and you. You both are doing a beautiful work.

My Alzheimer's can be controlled by diet. All three of my brain problems, epilepsy, diabetes type 2 and Alzheimer's are controlled by my diabetes. Diabetes is controlled by exercise and diet. I am going to be sticking to my Diabetes diet. I am on the Glycemic Index Diet.

That diet is working for my Epilepsy and Diabetes. So, I will try that diet first.

Robin, how much Vit D3 do you have your daughter taking?

About 5,000 IUs - I have given as high as 10,000 IU during the darker months. I personally have not had any illness in about 4 yrs.
Rebecca had the blood work up done, and she was barely on the low end of normal at 5,000 IUs.
This is not what I recommend, it is what I do.

Hi Chaz, you should ask a doctor or your Eptoligist.

My doctor told me to take Vitamin B Complex because it depletes the Keppra.

I get my Omega 3 from eating Salmon 3 times a week. I also take a MultiVitamin and Calcium with D.

Be sure and tell your doctor all of the supplements that you are taking. Some can interact with your medicines and cause more seizures. Some you can get from your food. I tell my doctor all of the supplements that I am taking. He tests for them when I have blood tests.

How is Josh doing? Are you trying to go on a nutrition diet only? Like medicines, it is a trial and error, like medicines.

By all means, get his blood checked to make sure he is not taking too much of a nutrient.

Robin did her research for Rebecca. Robin shares what she has learned about nutrition. She cannot tell you which ones to take and which ones not to take. She is not a doctor.

Wow! She's terrific. I'm so jealous, I've never been to learn how to skate, let alone with grace and power.

Thanks Nakmova,
She has been practicing for 16 yrs. A lot of hours to develop that power and grace.

She is great!! I love watching figure skating!! Please give us more of her skating.

She did not make any mistakes, fabulous.

Wonderful! Simply wonderful! :) Thank you for sharing.

I would fall down just 'thinking' about putting ice skates on.

Thank you both. I love watching it too, Ruth.
We always hope that she will leave the mistakes on the practice floor.

She has had skates on since she was 4, so for her, she feels very connected to the ice. Most likely easier to move than in shoes.

Nice to see how her moves going off so effortlessly. All that self confidence is very cool to see. She's on top of her game.

Congrats.

:)

About 5,000 IUs - I have given as high as 10,000 IU during the darker months. I personally have not had any illness in about 4 yrs.
Rebecca had the blood work up done, and she was barely on the low end of normal at 5,000 IUs.
This is not what I recommend, it is what I do.

I'll recommend 10,000 IU to everyone each day. I personally take 15,000 IU in the winter and about 12,000 in the summer months. The government's recommended dose just doubled I think from like 400 to 800 but it is far too low. Every healthful person I know takes around 10k.

Vitamin D is the only vitamin actually found to do anything to help anyone who isn't actually deficient of the vitamin being supplemented. Multivitamins don't help you if you don't need them. The only other vitamin that does anything is folic acid for pregnant women relating to neural tube defects. Vitamin C isn't going to stop you from catching a cold.

Last edited:
I feel like we have won a trophy. :dancing:

It has now been :rose: ONE YEAR :rose: without question, free of seizures.

I know that it is not a sure bet that she will be free from any further issues. However, we will take each day as a gift, and breath a bit easier. :banana:

Thank you all, for the years of support. :e:

This is great Robin!! All of the years of work and research have certainly paid off for you and for us. You have provided us with such great information that we can use.

We will continue to support each other with our daily lives and epilepsy.

It's a great inspiration to know that, as challenged as she has been by seizures, she's nonetheless been able to pursue her dreams to become so accomplished so young. Many kudos to her and you both Robin! (She displays a tremendous feeling for the music.)

Was the EEG Neurotherapy decisive in her siezure-free year do you think?

I believe Cetacean, that it has been part of her healing. Without the nutritional changes, I do not think she would be in such a positive position. It is the brain-gut health combo that has kept her seizure free.

"A feeling sparked in your mind will translate as a peptide being released somewhere (in your body). Peptides regulate every aspect of your body, from whether you're going to digest your food properly to whether you're going to destroy a tumor cell."
- Dr. Candace Pert, internationally recognized pharmacologist
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6844937

Back
Top Bottom