Neurofeedback - Rebecca's Story

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Oh Robin, that is such WONDERFUL news!!!!

So, so happy for you both. I am sure you are nervous to. But nothing like seeing our kids go live their lives :)

The admiration for you only grows and grows!

Congratulations!

Wonderful Robin, you and she must be so proud.

That is great news! You must be so happy....and Rebecca too. You guys are very special people-I wish you both joy and happiness.

Just as see received the okay to drive was when she was offer the tour with Disney on Ice. No need to drive for a year and certainly no time to practice.
Relieved and thankful after a difficult journey. I think there is a book here waiting to be written.

My princess is having the time of her life. Exhausted, but receiving kudos for enthusiasm and spirit. So far is in many group numbers and is being considered for the role of Mickey.

My princess is having the time of her life!:woot:

So happy for you!!!

Wow -- A happy fairytale ending (and beginning!).

She was told today that in the first act she will play Mickey Mouse, she also has the role of Edna Mode. She will try out for the Jessie character as well.
I will post the calendar of The USA tour in case anyone wants to attend.

Thank you all for your support.

RobinN,

Just wanted to pop in and say another thank you to you for sharing Rebecca's and your long journey.

Something is causing monthly /2monthly breakthroughs for my Son and well, back to the drawing (natural) board, especially in ruling out the diet culprits.

You are such a great inspiration to SO many, me being a mere one of the truly inspired. And I will be back to read the lot again and no doubt again.

Heartfelt thanks to you Robin. Do hope and pray that Rebecca and you are doing well.

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/4mozasmiles/8212632788/"]Disney on Ice 100 years of Magic - Thanksgiving Day 2012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Someone in the audience took this photo of Rebecca. She found it on Flickr

Also found on YouTube - please don't tell that she is MM

[ame]http://youtu.be/9RZtuaK9Eh4[/ame]

Last edited:
Hi Robin,
Thanks for sharing, that was great :).

Last edited:
Re-reading some of your comments makes me so very thankful to have my CWE family. I could not have done this without your support. Well maybe I could have, but it would have been so much more difficult, as I did not have support in my home.

I can say in a strange way I have been blessed to have had this life changing experience.

Robin, you and your daughter have had such an amazing journey. It's great that you have shared it with CWE. I think it was something you posted on the web about neurofeedback that first brought me to CWE.

Yes I was all over the place in the beginning as I was a sponge for knowledge.
It was Bernard's invite that brought me here and the freedom to explore any and all paths to wellness which kept me coming back. It became my home within my home for years. Many months all I did was read the library threads.

How to put this into book form is my next challenge.

Last edited:
Hi Robyn: I am really interested in Neurofeedback and appreciate the account of the office visit for Rebecca. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. Do you know of a place where I can go for this treatment? I look forward to future accounts for office visits which are very informative.

mary1 -- you may have to a bit of searching, or go farther afield. Many neurofeedback practitioners focus on ADD/ADHD treatment and are less familiar with epilepsy protocols. I found one place in Tampa that you might get in touch with to see if they can help: http://www.tampabayneurology.com/services.shtml

best of luck!

Hi Robyn: I am really interested in Neurofeedback and appreciate the account of the office visit for Rebecca. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. Do you know of a place where I can go for this treatment? I look forward to future accounts for office visits which are very informative.

Try http://directory.eeginfo.com/

Excited to pick up Rebecca tomorrow night. She is done with her first tour with Disney on Ice, until next Sept. She does have one trip this summer to Qutar for a week to perform. But... I get to have her the rest of the time here at home. She got her old job back at the baby store. She also plans to skate and see her friends.

She is one mature young lady.

How nice for you both! Congrats on her successful tour!

Back
Top Bottom