Nobody understands postictal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Its unreal what the mind can do to us. Before during or after a seizure. The ambulance thing makes me recall when I had to be hauled off. It all felt like a dream. But looking back on my thought process is kind of funny. Like you said Laura trying to find the humor sometimes is all we can do at times. I have a phobia of needles so even though I was in an ambulance mumbling away, when I caught sight of the needle I freaked. So I can relate. The ambulance is scary enough as is haha.

have you seen the new needles they use? trippy - a different sort of prick feeling
http://sirius.huang.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/img_2915.jpg
(image is too big to insert it - is there a way to re-size

Woah trippy like you said! Hope I never have one of them :( -.-

Does anybody else find this? Apparently I say weird things when I'm postictal ...
...Anyone else have any similar experiences?

I just thought of an anecdotal type of comparison of how a tv sports reporter comes up to a key player on a losing team right after a game, interrupts their path to the lockerroom and starts asking them stupid questions. This type of situation is awkward for ME as a tv viewer.
Then multiply this agony/pain/awkwardness by about 1000 and have the same situation occur when the player is losing consciousness from a massive concussion, and the reporter starts asking the player invasive and personal questions.
But then again there's no way to convey what the player himself is feeling during this - but as a viewer one should (if they have any tact whatsoever) find this type of situation extraordinarily awkward.
But we could probably relate to this type of situation as the concussed playerx100000.

OMG, ya its is so weird.. It is like a dreamlike state... I do remember my very 1st one, many years ago, I woke up in the ambulance and was freaking out.. I tried to pull the IV out of my arm... Its so freaky, especially waking up out of it in an ambulance, that's even more freaky... I remember waking up with these strangers around me, what do they expect, you wakeup and have these people you don't know putting needles in your arms, who wouldn't be afraid...

Back
Top Bottom