Nocturnal Seizures??? navigating doctor appts

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello. I'm 21. Originally a neurologist diagnosed me with epilepsy at 13 years old. I doubted the diagnosis, thinking it was a psychogenic reaction to a stressful situation at school, and convinced my parents to refuse meds. I don't remember the details of what kind of seizure they thought I had. It's kind of confusing since school staff would mistake my falling down sleep-deprived for a seizure (when I was conscious), or mistaking syncope for seizures, although they feel very distinctly different, with only one loss of consciousness in my life being at all ambiguous, but even then I was pretty sure it was syncope, which doctors later confirmed as probably right.

Also, I should say that I probably have a circadian rhythm disorder like DSPS, where basically my brain is programmed to think 5-7 a.m. is the perfect bedtime and 3-5 p.m. the perfect wake-up time, being most alert between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m. Attempts to fit into the regular school schedule resulted in being constantly sleep-deprived (somehow I ended up with a high GPA due to many teachers being lenient about attendance through high school, but midway each semester almost failing three or four classes), only somewhat catching up on weekends, and missing lots of school because if my parents had dragged me into my class I would shortly start sleeping.

And I've had that problem while consuming no coffee, tea, soda, or chocolate for months on end, meanwhile completely avoiding artificial light after dark, using only candlelight if I needed to go to the bathroom for instance, restricting mealtimes and other rituals only to fixed times, exercising a lot in the morning/early afternoon but not at all within eight hours of bedtime, eating smaller meals throughout instead of large meals, etc. So I kind of roll my eyes by now when doctors list all the sleep hygiene stuff, as if I hadn't thought to look it up before complaining (and much of it is just common sense).

Anywho, since I started levetiracetam a few months ago (up to 500 mg 2x daily), I noticed some things. Things which I hadn't thought of as seizure-related, but just as normal, diminished greatly in frequency. I used to wake up, with my right leg and hand muscles shaking (sometimes starting in my finger, then going on to spread to my arms).

Also, I've been rather sleep-deprived the last two weeks, and within a couple of days, the sheet that wraps tautly around my mattress went unraveled to my waist level from the top down, a mere two days after I had made the bed.

Also, that day I awoke in the middle of the night feeling like I had a full bladder and a sharp pain in my back, a crampy feeling like the dysmenorrhea I had a week every month prior to BC treatment, so went up to urinate, but I was soaked through to my pants. After going back to sleep and waking up (a total of about 11 hours), my right leg still felt tingly in the foot and it hurt a lot to walk, every time I put weight on my right foot, I had terrible back pain and leg pain and trouble still woaking. It was bad like when I fell down a bunch of steps and took weeks to be able to walk normally, but that was two years ago.

So since I figured that was a seizure (I had never been aware of sleep seizures - I awoke with a bitten tongue or mouth side, but I attribute it to the acid reflux making my skin soft and peeling, which seems to be the case since when I avoid triggering food and eat smaller meals with about four hours between my last meal and bedtime, it happens pretty rarely).

I wondered: I frequently wake up with my legs straight up in the air, or bent at a 90 degree angle at the knees, not to mention the blankets that end up on the floor and the sheet that gets pulled up while asleep. Sometimes I wake up gasping and with a high pulse, but I attribute that to anxiety - perhaps wrongly? Also, my parents would often note when I was younger hearing me laughing in my sleep, or even singing - I figure my mom probably misinterpreted laughter for singing in those instances, though, but could that be part of seizures?

I've been trying to schedule an appointment, but it's difficult. For one, I don't have a consistent schedule. My sleeping times seem to keep moving up, until the day and night are reversed for me, and back again. That wasn't the situation until I was about 16 and a half, even though I've been a night owl since I was an infant.

I keep failing out of school within a few weeks, even though I have an IQ in the genius range and was teaching myself calculus at age 10 and calculus-based physics at age 13, wrote at a college level by age 12. my SAT was around 2000/2400, and the thing is, I'm starting over again at a community college, but they have a really strict attendance policy (you can't miss more than 2 days or something), and I am dependent totally on financial aid, so even though I could ace these classes without attending anything but the exams and labs, I have to keep withdrawing.

It sucks, because I'd like to be a physicist, as I dreamt since I was a little girl. When I start out again for the first year, most of my friends my age will be graduating with bachelor's degrees.

So I really don't know how to present everything so the doctors are less inclined to ignore a sleep disorder in favor of epilepsy or vice versa, or thinking I have neither but instead a psychiatric disorder. I see a psychiatrist who clearly thinks I have OCD or a bipolar spectrum disorder. I have lots of trouble with daily living, but mainly because I am very fatigued, and when I am alert, it's often a time I can't do the thing I need to (because local stores are closed and I can't drive).

Oh, I'm autistic BTW. But while I have trouble doing basic things like laundry, cooking, and picking up after myself, it wasn't always this way. When I kept my own sleep hours, during summers as a teenager and after missing several consecutive weeks of college classes, giving up because it's clear I can't recover by that time, I have been extremely productive. My dorm mates would think I was an excellent cook and I was able to be economical with ingredients to get high quality ingredients and stretch them out, cleaning a lot, and cooking at odd hours (my dorm mates also thought I was stoned a lot even though I didn't do any illegal drugs).

The problem is, that since I know my sleep problems are incompatible with school or work schedules, I can't just give in to them, get good rest regularly, and be very productive artistically. I could probably get things sold as a writer and be successful that way if I gave in to it totally, but I have the conundrum that I'm on disability, not to mention that whole wanting to do physics research thing. So I'd feel like a parasite if I deliberately chose to live in such a way that I couldn't get/keep a job.

But here's where this relates to seizures - when I'm sleep-deprived, I get more seizures. And in order to maintain this semi-normal schedule (AKA waking up between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. daily, going to sleep around 3 or 4 a.m.) if I don't get to sleep in time, I have to keep myself awake until the next time I'm "allowed" to sleep, or else I'll just go to sleep later, wake up later, and the whole thing perpetuates itself.

So in order to try to fit into a school/work schedule, I'm constantly sleep-deprived, seizure-prone, and I'm still not able to be productive at a job or school, but also I'm sleep-deprived enough that I accomplish hardly anything, even for hobbies. I'm so preoccupied trying to get the kitchen sanitary or getting food or bathing, I am exhausted by the time I get to the recreational stuff.

But the thing is, whenever doctors ask me to describe symptoms, I am at a loss. I either say nothing, or start babbling about something tangential. I'm really bad at describing sensory experiences unless I've rehearsed it a lot. So a question I'm unprepared for (like when the last seizure was) can leave me unable to say anything. I can be very eloquent, but it's better for abstract things.

It's difficult to verbalize. I don't even know the characteristics of seizures really, besides the obvious ones. I had no idea what a nocturnal seizure would look like, and was sure I had never experienced one, but if these characteristics are characteristic of seizures nocturnal, then I've actually experienced a lot!

I've had two EEGs. First one not sleep-deprived, it was normal. I had another one, which was "sleep-deprived" but I was fully alert (despite no caffeine or other drugs!) the whole time, since to my mind's schedule, it was more like the middle of the day. It's like my alert time is longer than most people's, but I still require the same amount of sleep per day, which is really not conducive to functioning in society.

Also, I don't know how I would schedule an EEG (they want to do another one) to make it likely to fall asleep. By the amount of days awake I could ensure that I would be sleepy enough to fall asleep within an hour, it would be pretty likely I miscalculated slightly and would fall asleep before I could catch the bus.

Also, when I withdrew from school again, the health office leader person seemed to think (and explicitly made it clear) that she thought it was a psychosomatic problem. People think that a lot due to the sleep disorder component, and I believed it a long time myself since junior high was fairly hellish.

But seriously, I have no reason why this would be advantageous in any way. I can't even function recreationally, and things have actually worsened since I quit school (change of seasons, I presume). I always dreamt of having the free time to study whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I've had that opportunity for about two years. I still haven't been able to do my hobbies even once a month. I understand no more physics or math than I did eight years ago. WTH? I have nothing to gain from REM sleep intruding during class (I was at a lecture shortly before withdrawing where I would switch back and forth between my professor talking about the uncertainty principle to hypnagogically hallucinating her taking her clothes off, then back to Planck's constant, then there's a squirrel staring at me and running in the room, then etc. and collapsed a few times during class - not seizures, I was aware, just sleep-deprived).

--I wanted to add, that the EEGs were normal, but also I had no outward signs of a seizure during the test. Just normal, no odd events physically manifesting. So there's no evidence for pseudoseizures.

--Also, the recent incident where I wet myself and my leg muscles were very cramped, occurred the day before I started bleeding (but not ovulating; the BC prevents that). It was unusual since it was in the middle of the week, a couple days after adding a new patch and there's still another patch until I take the break for the officially scheduled break. Which never happened before but it's supposed to be normal since I've only been using it about three months, but maybe hormone fluctuations are contributing - it used to be I had more seizure type problems just prior to menstruation.

Last edited:
Hi CelloPhone, welcome to CWE!

You mention that you have trouble telling your docs about your symptoms. Try writing them down ahead of time. Or print your entry above and give it to the docs to read. The symptoms you describe do sound like nocturnal seizures, and a good epileptologist should be able to determine that, even in the absence of a positive EEG. (Many CWE members have never had positive EEGs -- it's actually fairly common for this to be the case, especially with certain types of seizures). Have you ever had an MRI done? That might also indicate a structural or vascular cause for your seizures.

It seems pretty likely that your sleep disorder is playing a major role. Fatigue is the #1 trigger, and with nocturnal seizures it's easy to get into a cycle where seizures that mess with your sleep cause fatigue, which in turns causes more seizures, etc. Ideally your neurologist would conduct a sleep study (tailored to your particular hours of sleep) in order to observe the seizures and which phase of your sleep they interrupt. Quite a few CWE members have nocturnal seizures. Below are a few links from the archives, and you can search for other posts using the "search" button at the top.
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f20/arms-trembling-nocturnal-seizures-11882/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/subject-nocturnal-seizures-1878/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f20/nightime-seizures-13552/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/nocturnal-seizures-sleep-apnea-9351/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/nocturnal-seizures-neurofeedback-seizures-1625/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com...nation-seizures-only-happen-your-sleep-11744/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/seizures-your-sleep-12713/

If the Levetiracetam doesn't give you complete seizure control (or is making things worse, as can happen), you should revisit treatment options with your neurologist. If your neurologist isn't helping then you should find another. New York has some excellent epilepsy centers. If you aren't already, you should be keeping a seizure journal (see http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/seizure-journals-10776/) A journal can be very helpful to your doctors (you can avoid having to describe your symptoms verbally), and it can help you note any other triggers that may be affecting your seizures (such as hormones).

Best,
Nakamova

Thanks, and yeah I've had several MRIs and CT scans in my life, including recent ones. Last time I saw my neurologist, he thought it probably wasn't seizures and that I should see a cardiologist (since the main things I reported was syncope and I couldn't think what would be a seizure), but I didn't think any of this was relevant (I actually didn't notice most of these symptoms, since it had been normal prior to the levetiracetam).

The recent increase in sleep deprivation after months of taking the medication seems to have been a catalyzing factor in helping me recognize what has changed. But it does appear to have helped a lot. But it makes me drowsier, so where before I could wake up after, say five or six hours of sleep pretty easily when I had a loud alarm, I'm basically unable to get up prior to 8-10 hours unless someone pulls me out of bed and hands me a cup of coffee.

That first link sounded just like what has been pretty much daily for years. I also have suspected there's a decent chance I have sleep apnea for at least a year, since I was diagnosed with GERD (acid reflux). I didn't start putting things together until one time when I fainted while lying down in my bed, and when I awoke, my whole right side was shaking pretty violently, such that I called 911. I convulse pretty much every time I faint, to the point where medical professionals walking in think it's a straight up seizure, even though it's from the oxygen deprivation. While I'm not obese, I do have a parent with high blood pressure and snores a lot, and thin/average sized people can have it too.

It would also make sense if my seizures are primarily nocturnal, because one thing that confused me was that in the years following the diagnosis, I very rarely had similar incidents at school, or awake around other people at all - but the year I was diagnosed, I was sleep-deprived enough that I would be falling asleep while there, or on the verge. I guess it took things getting better for me to notice. I may be book smart, but I'm terrible at interpreting bodily signals. I was 19 and still had difficulty distinguishing between the need to eat, defecate, or vomit.

I think the trickiest part will be scheduling the sleep study. Especially since I'm trying to get this job, I try to normalize my sleep patterns, which are not easy to reign in, and with the change in season, it's really difficult to predict when I'm going to be awake or asleep any further than 72 hours in the future. (After running up a huge sleep debt trying to renormalize my schedule, I slept two ten hour shifts separated by seven hours, then stayed up for 30 hours...it used to be pretty regular, but it seems the more I try to normalize my sleep cycle, the weirder and less predictable it gets.

Melatonin was somewhat helpful, but I think the dose was somewhat off, since I had vivid nightmares, waking up at 4 a.m. no matter how little sleep I'd gotten (sort of the opposite of what I'd been doing before), then getting up and getting ready for the day, then suddenly falling asleep over my desk, not waking until all my day's classes were over. I have a pill splitter now though, so maybe a lower dose will work better.

Also, this last two weeks since my schedule of sleeping was so off, a number of times I would wake up four hours after I was supposed to take my medication. One time I woke up initially at the right time, got up to get something to drink (bad dry mouth), then thought I took my medications, but woke up four hours later and found the pills were in the place I'd left them (the right side is where they are when I have taken the evening dose, while I put it on the left side after morning dose). So while my target time is 12 p.m. (preferably closer to 9 or 10 a.m. eventually), it's pretty common to vary it by two hours every twelve hours (so when I wake up late I might take the morning dose at 4 p.m., then evening at 2 a.m., then morning at 12 p.m.)

Honestly, there are appointments I should have been making for minor things for months now, and it's starting to pile up. Dental appt, eye appt, gynecology appt, cardiology appt, neurology appt, psychiatry appt, etc. (It wouldn't surprise me if I'm missing something there.) It takes forever to get something scheduled. :coffee: No wonder I haven't submitted any of my poetry in years. :banana: :twocents:

I'm just very relieved that I'm starting to understand and it doesn't appear to be too serious. I've been seeing doctors for many minor things, which are really secondary to seizures/sleep disorder or just co-occurring factors instead of causative, like when I got the IBS dx which was just the result of poor diet and lack of water, if not exercise, and clears up as long as I eat reasonably healthy and am active, but with my sleep out of whack, I get sleepy and hungry at odd times, and it's taken a lot of discipline to keep from binging on food sometime I'm compelled to eat and then eat nothing for a day or two. Similar with temperature perception. Sometimes I'll wake up and it feels like 35 Fahrenheit, and other times like 85 Fahrenheit, even when I'm wearing the same clothes and the thermomety says it's 69 F. I like trying new smilies. :pfft:

Melatonin was somewhat helpful, but I think the dose was somewhat off, since I had vivid nightmares, waking up at 4 a.m. no matter how little sleep I'd gotten (sort of the opposite of what I'd been doing before), then getting up and getting ready for the day, then suddenly falling asleep over my desk, not waking until all my day's classes were over. I have a pill splitter now though, so maybe a lower dose will work better.

Definitely try a lower dose. People with seizure disorders tend to do better with the lowest possible melatonin dose (1/2 mg to 1 mg) and higher doses can sometime make things worse.

@Nakamova: I'm want to make an appointment, but since I recently had a neuro appt (which was moved up three months from the original schedule since people at college kept sending me to the ER when I collapsed from sleep deprivation and stuff), which is kind of ridiculous that the college staff are exerting more control over me than did the junior high school staff back almost ten years ago when this began.

But I am concerned, because when I originally approached my GP, I wanted off my meds because I was still convinced I had no seizure disorder, that it was psychosomatic. So I basically went in saying that last year, and while there's a different rotation, I'm sure it's in my chart.

So I've been seeing a psychiatrist, partly for emotional problems from a traumatic event, but I also make things up when seeing a psychologist or counselor. I try not to, but it feels like there's nothing left to talk about so I just say whatever comes into mind. I think it started because the person who abused me was a school counselor who would listen as I reported about assaults and twist my words and stories until I came up with the "right" version, laying blame at my own family instead of the bullies or the school.

So I've said a lot of weird stuff, everything from saying I was hearing voices, to suicidal, to saying I had unusual fetishes, to being constantly afraid someone would push me off a bridge. That doesn't even count the real problems that look like bipolar or somethng (like my sleep problems, and then when I initially started Keppra, I had side effects the first couple weeks that included blowing up into a screaming rage for a minute over something minor and turning back to normal, so one time I got there a little late and started shouted obscenities at a very loud volume, then calmed down right away. I told her about the medication side effect, but she didn't seem to believe me - heck, once I even started angrily repeating the F word when all that had happened was a small pile of newspapers sliding and becoming a bit more disorderly, and it doesn't help that I was having severe PMS prior to the BC patch).

So I don't know how to broach this at all within the bounds of time to see a GP. "Um, look, doc, I know before I said I thought this was all in my head, but now I'm starting to think it's still all in my head, but maybe actually epilepsy?"

@Nakamova: Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I've had some unusual reactions to medications before (it takes only a very small amount of painkiller for even moderate pain, for instance), and one time the sedative (midazolam) they gave me intravenously before a medical procedure had no effect, even making me more alert, and I still have vivid memory of that whole day (the whole week, in fact), which was several years ago. They had to abort the procedure and use general anaesthesia.

@elizzza811: I find it highly unlikely that cell phones are involved in the etiology of autism spectrum disorders (or cancer, for that matter). From what I know of what we currently know regarding oncogenesis and the basic physics of electromagnetism, it is virtually impossible for it to cause cancer, as the radiation radiating from cell phones is non-ionizing, and more akin to visible light than uranium decay. Now, there may be some as yet unknown mechanism whereby low radiation can cause cancer, but if that's the case, we would stand far worse risks just by going out into the sun for short periods each day. Oh, and the paper I read about cell phones causing autism was very flawed.

And the causes of autism are far more likely to be predominantly genetic, as identical twin studies of monozygotic twins have shown around 90% concordance rates, much higher than even for schizophrenia (about 50%). While this suggests there is more to autism development than pure genetic determinism, there is variation even in the prenatal environment of twins - it may well be that whether the twins are mono- or di-chorionic has far more influence than environmental factors post-birth. This would make sense particularly since congential rubella is a known environmental cause of autism, where prenatal infection of the mother with rubella makes the embryo/fetus ill. So an infection passed via the placenta could well account for a decent chunk of the dischordance in monozygotic twins who are dichorionic. Interestingly, autism caused by congenital rubella tends to improve on its own very often (I mean all autistic people develop and change and grow, sometimes to the point of losing a dx, but apparently this group has a particularly high rate). Also, since autism is primarily a disorder of development, and the rate of neuronal growth in early infancy is far faster than for neurotypical children at the age, it is well possible that various environmental influences could affect the development and expression of genetically programmed development, particularly considering how exceptionally plastic infant brains are.

But actually, my username is derived from Jell-O, 'cello' - my favorite instrument - and 'cellophane', so it could be pronounced like Cell + O + Phone or Cello + Phone.

Also, I've meant to start a seizure journal for some time. It's difficult to get myself to write things down as I think them, though, I generally store it into memory. So I can remember what happened each day for three months, say, and the notes I made on them, in that order, and see the trends over months and years, but I'm very bad at just recalling something out of the blue - I need an associative trigger, and then I can say "Oh, yeah, the day I paid the gas bill, and it was raining and I was wearing my green flannel shirt and had just killed a fly then two hours later would fix an egg sandwich..." etc. and describe everything that happened the next few weeks - small sensory cues bring on an onslaught of this information, leading me to distant places, but without a sensory cue I may not be able to say what I had for breakfast. So writing it should help me to convey the concrete data to others, when typically I have to wait for a cue or simply present my summed up analysis without the backup. My parents always told me, when something was lost, that I needed to just start looking places even if it didn't make sense, but the thing was, when I just sat down to think with no interruptions, I would rewind until I saw the thing I lost, and could say where it was right away, even if it was someplace weird nobody thought it would be. Unfortunately, they'd always tell me I needed to get up and look for that thing, interrupting me frequently and breaking my concentration unless I can get alone. I think stuff like this is how people may think they're psychic, at least when they wait to jump to conclusions until they have more substantial than "I was just thinking of X, then a minute later X called" and genuinely believe they're psychic, instead of being a con-artist scamming people. Such people I would think are people-savants. Exceptionally skilled in reading faces and emotions to a freaky degree even for socially skilled people, and may make connections between subtle cues and things that have happened in a person's life, and put them together to make the connections sooner than the person themselves. Because it's a highly visual, intuitive process, and feels a lot like Daniel Tammet describing how the numbers' shapes tumble together and he just sees the answer, without consciously doing the sums. That's how I am with memory, math, music, and languages, except I'm nowhere near Tammet's level of skill. But I process things more like a savant than like a normal person, even though the level of skill I have in these domains is scarcely more exceptional than is typical of someone with similar IQ and experience, and there are plenty of people more talented and/or knowledgeable than I am in even my areas of strenght.

But when I had the MRI done, it was normal. The neurologist (who had conducted the second most thorough neurological exam I've had) thought I may have MS or something, which freaked me out because I jsut went because I'd fallen and got injured. That was normal, though. My most recent neurologist noted some nystagmus, could that be related to epilepsy and/or sleep deprivation, or jsut anormal veriation? I never had any problem come up on a neuro/physical exam except this one time when a physiotherapist put this metal on my foot and made it painful, and he asked if I had CP. That really struck me out of the blue since some friends from college disability group had CP (including mildly), but I didn't have walking problems at all like that. Oh, and I did fail that eye test in school, but that's all and came out of the blue.

So I don't know how to broach this at all within the bounds of time to see a GP. "Um, look, doc, I know before I said I thought this was all in my head, but now I'm starting to think it's still all in my head, but maybe actually epilepsy?"

That's exactly how you would broach it. Nothing wrong with being honest with your docs. Better late than never. :) Again, this is where a seizure journal or written description of your symptoms can come in handy. Even if your GP favors a diagnosis of Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures, that doesn't necessarily rule out epileptic seizures as well, since the conditions co-occur in many people.

But when I had the MRI done, it was normal. The neurologist (who had conducted the second most thorough neurological exam I've had) thought I may have MS or something, which freaked me out because I jsut went because I'd fallen and got injured. That was normal, though. My most recent neurologist noted some nystagmus, could that be related to epilepsy and/or sleep deprivation, or jsut anormal veriation? I never had any problem come up on a neurologist/physical exam except this one time when a physiotherapist put this metal on my foot and made it painful, and he asked if I had complex partial. That really struck me out of the blue since some friends from college disability group had complex partial (including mildly), but I didn't have walking problems at all like that. Oh, and I did fail that eye test in school, but that's all and came out of the blue.

Nystagmus can a sign of high levels of certain anti-seizure meds (not Keppra though), as well a symptom of MS. But there's also a high correlation of nystagmus with Autism Spectrum Disorders, so perhaps that's the explanation. If it is bothersome, add it to the list of things to mention to your doc.

elizzza811: I find it highly unlikely that cell phones are involved in the etiology of autism spectrum disorders (or cancer, for that matter). From what I know of what we currently know regarding oncogenesis and the basic physics of electromagnetism, it is virtually impossible for it to cause cancer, as the radiation radiating from cell phones is non-ionizing, and more akin to visible light than uranium decay.

I'm not going to push this too much, but I think you might want to look into this more before becoming too comfortable with this technology, maybe find some studies out there with fewer flaws. My ex-husband, a heavy cell phone user, had a brain tumor removed a couple of years ago. It was on the side of his head against which he held his phone (the right side).

The proclamation of the so-called 'safety' of cell phones (and for that matter, the towers that surround us and support this technology) was based exclusively on thermal effects. In other words, no heating of tissue equals 'safe'. Researchers out there are finding that there are non-thermal effects with regards to this technology. Our bodies, they're finding, aren't just a bunch of haphazard chemical reactions - they're a bunch of chemical reactions initiated and given order through electromagnetic fields within our bodies and within the natural environment.

If you're looking for more information on this mechanism, you might want to read 'The Body Electric' and 'Cross Currents', both by Dr. Robert O. Becker. He found that 'electricity' in the right amount, in the right places, and at the right time could trigger regeneration in humans (his initial research was on non-healing bone fractures). Did you know that if you were to chop your finger off below a certain point, it would regrow?...bone, fingertip, fingernail, and all? Think of the implications of this if cell phone technology (and other similar technologies) were preventing the natural healing/regenerative process.

I'm a smoker and I no longer believe that smoking causes lung cancer, and my mom even died of lung cancer. I believe that smoking causes lung damage, damage which the body is more than capable of repairing, but in the presence of manmade electromagnetic fields, these regenerative cells, which happen to look somewhat 'chaotic' under a microscope in much the same way as cancer cells do coincidentally, lose their 'organization' (their 'signal') and at this point become cancerous. Most people would laugh at that theory, but okay with that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom