Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cinnabar, I agree with you. On Sundays you worry about Monday (I start at about 3PM) so Saturdays, are A-OK with me!

Last edited:
Well, we can try and pretend every day is Saturday. That work is just make believe!

Last edited:
"My mom was sarcastic about men. She would tell me Adam was the rough draft and Eve was the final product. She was a feminist minister, an earth mom who wore a bra only on Sundays." -- Daphne Zuniga

(How much do YOU like bras???)

The road to heaven is paved with meat.

The road to meat isn't paved at all.

-Jack Handy

:pfft:

"Kindness is the glue which keeps us all sealed together in comfort and love" Me

Hey Cetacean,

I love the quote about meat, since I haven't been able to eat it in 32 years!

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food." ~George Bernard Shaw,

"If a man empties his purse into his head,
no one can take it from him."
~ Benjamin Franklin

Only you, Cinnabar, would have that comeback!!
Do I dare say men's heads are empty? And I can only imagine how big the purse is! :pop: :roflmao:

What if Mark Twain and Woody Allen were in the same room?

...or at least on the same page.

Mark Twain

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it?"

"Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint."

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and the lightening bug."

"Reader, suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."

"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything"

Woody Allen

"I took a test in Existenlialism. I left all the answers blank and got 100."

"I am an only child. I have one sister."

"In Beverly Hills...they don't throw out their garbage. They make it into television shows."

"What if everything were an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definetely overpaid for my carpet."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I don't believe in an after life, although I am bringing a change of underwear."

"I am very proud of my gold pocket watch. My grandfather, on his death bed, sold me this watch"

If they were in the same room, I think Twain would be drinking an old Port and Allen would be drinking a new Manischewitz. They'd drink themselves under the table they write on and misquote Alexander Pope believing they were their own...

Last edited:
"If I understood life too well, my head would explode. I would have done a good job of twisting it all up and spilling it on people's laps." Me

Life ought to be a struggle of desire toward adventures whose nobility will fertilize the soul. - Rebecca West, 1892-1983

Mistakes are the portals of discovery. - James Joyce, 1882-1941

The wisest men follow their own direction. - Euripides, 484 BC-406 BC

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared. - Eddie Rickenbacker, 1890-1973

Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

What is defeat? Nothing but education; nothing but the first step to something better. - Wendell Phillips, 1811-1884

Life is mostly froth and bubbles.
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's troubles
and courage in one's own.
-Irish saying

Back
Top Bottom