Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

- Reinold Neibuhr -

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.
It means you have decided to look beyond imperfections.

-Unknown-

Soma, I particulary liked your second quote. I'm needing to look beyond my own imperfections and those of others. There has to freedom found in this...

From Utopia

“We've been waiting for the sun to rise and shine
If you don’t know what to do about a world of trouble
You can pull it through if you need to and if
You believe it’s true, it will surely happen
Shining still, to give us the will
Bright as the day, to show us the way”

Utopia, “Just One Victory”

WOW! That's beautiful Shelly!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's Life

Truths to Remember

1. Attitude is central to everything else. Life tends to become what we think it will be.

2. Focus your time and resources; don't become distracted; work smarter not harder.

3. Take action: Goals are nothing until you act on them. Start now, just do it.

4. Intellectual brilliance is less important to success than help from friends.

5. Innovate: Don't be afraid to be different, as following the herd is the surest way to mediocrity.

6. Analyze the details, get the facts. Those who think before they speak seldom trip over their words.

7. Good intentions pave the Highways to Hell. Wise actions pave the Streets to Success.

8. Never stop learning. There's no such thing as knowing too much.

9. Those who prepare when it isn't important, usually win when it is.

10. Deceit, selfishness, and injustice result in failure. Honesty, integrity, and fairness lead toward success.

11. Remain focused on problem-solving and success. In the long run, fear, doubt and worry do you no good.

12. Be persistent and work toward your goals. Don't ever give up on your dreams.

13. If you seek forgiveness, ensure that you yourself have been fair when judging others.

14. Be chary of giving advice -- wise folks seldom need it, and fools seldom heed it.

Take every day as given and make the best of it. Have a good day :^)

Brian Lynch

I wish everyone would/could read that! Thanks lots.

"In your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go and sheltered so they may thrive and grow." -- Louise Driscoll

Henry David Thoreau

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured, or far away."

I think that one may apply to a lot of us here.

"TRAVEL is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely in these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all ones' lifetime."
~Mark Twain

"To travel is to journey into yourself."
~Unknown

Friendship quotes which I like:

☻There is a gift that gold cannot buy, a blessing that’s rare & true, that’s the gift of a wonderful friend like the friend that I have in you!

☻I may not be a clock that may text you 24hrs a day. But my heart will be like a clock that will not stop caring & saying you are always remembered. Take Care.

☻We've known each other by CHANCE, became friends by CHOICE, still friends by DECISION. And when we say FRIEND FOREVER, that's definitely a lifetime PROMISE!

☻What you see as truth, what you see as lies, remember that true friendship never dies although we may change & drift apart, i'll always value you deep within my heart!

☻A friend is never a coincidence in your life, they are meant to enter your life to bring you joy and laughter. So, I will treasure the friendship between us.

☻As long as we have memories, yesterday remains; as long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits. As long as we have Friendship, each day is never a waste.

☻Friends are like stars... you don't see them all the time, but you know they're there!

☻Here’s a little hug from me to you, to make you smile when you feel blue, to make you happy if you are sad, to let you know life isn’t so bad.

My quote:

☻Don't worry about the future nor dwell on the past, just live each moment while it lasts.

:rose:

That's WONDERFUL!!!!

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another." -- - Luciano de Crescenzo

"Why, who makes much of a miracle?
As to me I know nothing but miracles--
To me ever hour of night and day is a miracle,
Every cubic inch of space a miracle."

~Walt Whitman

"Fear makes strangers of people who would be friends."
Shirly MacLaine

Wow

Some great quotes ladies. Keep them coming. Cint, I really like the one from Mark Twain. That is very true. Exposure to others breaks down many stereotypes.

***Will Rogers***

"EVEN IF YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK YOU'LL GET RUN OVER IF
YOU JUST SIT THERE.

Never thought of it that way! We should make everyday Saturday. No mind Sunday because you're just thinking about what you have to do on Monday.

A fool despises good counsel, but a wise man takes it to heart.
-- Confucius
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
--William Shakespeare
A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
--Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
Before God we are equally wise and equally foolish.
--Albert Einstein

Back
Top Bottom