Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Asimov Knows, Knows and Knows

THE MEMORY CAPACITY OF EVEN AN ORDINARY HUMAN MIND IS
FABULOUS. WE MAY NOT CONSIDER OURSELVES PARTICULARLY
ADEPT AT REMEMBERING TECHNICAL DATA....BUT CONSIDER HOW
MANY FACES WE CAN RECOGNIZE, HOW MANY NAMES CALL UP SOME
PAST INCIDENT, HOW MANY WORDS WE CAN SPELL AND DEFINE.
IT IS ESTIMATED THAT IN A LIFETIME, A BRAIN CAN STORE
1,000,000,000,000,000, (A MILLION BILLION), BITS OF
INFORMATION.

See, we are just like computers that need rebooted once in awhile.
The human mind "is" fabulous. I don't know if this is correct but I heard that we use only 20% of our brains capacity. If Asimov only used 20% of his, I'm astounded! Nevertheless, he's a great example of what can be stored and accomplished. He wrote over 500 books, different genre, but mostly science fiction and essays ... writing 8 hrs a day in full week's time. When I was eighteenish, I read only one of his, Atlantis, fiction, and all I can "remember" is that it had to do with an advanced civilization.
Sadly ironic...hey?

Well, if I put my mind to it maybe I won't have so many damn questions! :ponder:

A great quote, Buckeye!

Last edited:
Unknown author

- contentment -
health enough to make work a pleasure.
Wealth enough to support your needs.
Patience enough to toil until some good is accomplished.
Strength enough to battle with difficulties and overcome them.
Grace enough to confess your sins and foresake them.
Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor.
Love enough to make you useful and helpful to others.
Hope enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.
Faith enough to make real the things of god.

I like this one because everytime I see someone looking at my daughter weird, or laughing at her I think of it.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

things my gradad said

The only stupid question is the un asked one

If it has teeth don't put your hand in its moutn

Things on floor and ground are trash.

If your gonna do a job do it right the first time

One year olds and choclate cookies make a mess (he learned that the hard way)

Of all, I like... "Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor."

No one is either all good or all bad. Sometimes we forget this simple fact which makes it difficult to forgive. Forgiveness not need be such a complex thing.

No one is either all good or all bad. Sometimes we forget this simple fact which makes it difficult to forgive. Forgiveness not need be such a complex thing.

I really like this one because i always take time to realize that no matter what someone has done to you or what someone has said to you or me that we are all human and do think alike no matter how much we dissagree. and we should always find it in our heart to forgive and picture the world from that persons eyes.

A different kind of forgiveness...

I really like this one because i always take time to realize that no matter what someone has done to you or what someone has said to you or me that we are all human and do think alike no matter how much we dissagree. and we should always find it in our heart to forgive and picture the world from that persons eyes.
You're right, joey, but of course, we're on the same page! We all have common denominators. I used to have BIG issues with forgiveness then some wise person told me that if you need to, you can forgive from afar...

It would be wonderful if we were all in harmony. In this world, this is not the "pure" case. Some people are toxic for us. It's as plain as that. Sometimes, it's in our best interest to take steps back. Sometimes we need collect that rent from those who've been living, taking up that space in our mind. Let them walk and forgive and from afar... This is another kind of forgivness.

Forgiveness is a liberating thing "one way or another"... and if we need to do forgive from afar, the forgiving is no less powerful, no less liberating.

If you can forgive and hold hands, this is the ideal!!! This is the very best...a relationship has been enriched.

Wow! We have Buckeye to thank for posting his words of wisdom which inspired this subject of forgiveness. We really ran with this one!

Last edited:
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see

what it costs when it is free!!

P.j.`Rourke

Theodore Roosevelt

When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.'

Jimmy Buffett

We are the people our parents warned us about.

Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider

I am going to concentrate on what's important in life. I'm going to strive everyday to be a kind and generous and loving person. I'm going to keep death right here, so that anytime I even think about getting angry at you or anybody else, I'll see death and I'll remember.

I think that last one in pretty unique.

My favorite quote comes from Tyler Perry's play "Madea Goes To Jail".

"Some people come into your life for a lifetime and some for a season. You've got to know which is which. And you're always going to mess up when you mix those seasonal people with lifetime expectations." -- Madea

My two favorite quotes:

One I don't know where it came from. It was on a birthday card I got from my brother in law:

"Why are we here if not to wish on stars, build sandcastles, dream dreams, and let others know we care about them?"

The other comes from the book Jane Eyre:

"Love me, then, or hate me, as you will, you have my full and free forgiveness"

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Pres. Theodore Roosevelt
Paris, France
23 Apr 1910

From a headstone in Ireland -

:e:Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.

:e:Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

'Which did you enjoy more, the merry-go-round or the roller coaster?
life is kinda like that

This too shall pass, kinda like a kidney stone.

my favoite is from Shakespear Above all else, to thine own self be true.:pop:

Life

Life isn't always everything we hoped for ... but while we are here, we might as well dance.

We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. -Fight Club, Tyler Durden

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities."
Aldous Huxley

You, too

“In my dream, I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows had learned to swim.”

U2, The End of the World

Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when.

Nickelback, Someday

Back
Top Bottom