Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Alfred Lord Tenniyson

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence
but in the mastery of his passions."
Alfred Lord Tenniyson

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing
himself."

Leo Tolstoy

"Trials, temptations, disappointments -- all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly. They not only test the fiber of character but strengthen it. Every conquering temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before."

- James Buckham

"From inability to leave well alone;
From too much zeal for what is new and contempt for what is old;
From putting knowledge before wisdom,
science before art, cleverness before common sense;
From treating patients as cases;
From making the cure of a disease more grievous than its endurance;
Good Lord, deliver us."
-Sir Robert Hutchison

"The secret of war lies not in dying for your country but making the other bastard die for his" - Gen G.S.Patton

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed. --- Albert Einstein

The fear of women is the basis of good health. --- Spanish Proverb

The penalty of success is to be bored by the attentions of people who formerly snubbed you. --- M.W. Little

I love humanity but i detest human beings --- Tenessee Williams

My Favorite quote is by Einstein: Touching on "Mystery" which covers the grand. Being humble, I focus on the mystery of human mind/being. You will not hear a scholar speaking here...just what comes to mind, lyrically, and simply.

1) I see mystery as being the ever slight golden refelction in the eyes of a stranger who becomes an instant soul mate.

2) Without having curiosity about the glimmer in the dark caves of our minds and souls, we are barren, not explorers. We will never become the architect of ourslelves. We become a vacant building living on its concrete flatland. But, think of children!, lest this segment gets too depressing!,they are curious creatures and create small and many mysteries to be explored.

3) What mysterious things are going on in our subconscious, some have no need to explore? Without contemplating the mysterious we merely "exist". Like a couch or a coffee table.

4) And what about our epileptic minds?! Surely, we here, are students eager to learn about our mysterious minds. About our electricaly charged minds, complex and packed with mysterious wiring and then sparkling twists and turns.

There is something beautifully inticing in that which might never be known.
The why of things. The mystery of the mysterious.

Last edited:
Do NOT interfere in the Affairs of DRAGONS!

For YOU are Crunchy and TASTE GOOD with Ketchup!!!

:roflmao::ridem:

Dragons

QUOTES IN MY STORY ABOUT DRAGONS...

KETCH ing UP! WITH A TWIST: IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE "THE PROPER PERSON" YOU WILL ATTRACT THE "PROPER DRAGON" THEY'LL FEAST ON YOU LIKE FINE CUISINE, WITH THE BEST STERLING SILVERWARE. IT WOULD BE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH.

SO, FOR ALL YOU "PROPER PEOPLE" TRASH YOUR CAVIAR! GET YOURSELF SOME KETCHUP AND HANG OUT WITH THE COOL CROWD.

A QUICK CRUNCY DEATH IS SOMETIMES BETTER. REFINED TASTE HAS IT'S DOWNFALLS.

I'VE MEET SOME SUCH "PROPER DRAGONS", IN REAL LIFE, THEY'LL RUN AWAY FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE BETTER WINES OR CAVIAR! THAT'S A DIFFERENT KIND OF "PROPER DRAGON"

AND WHEN IN FRANCE, IF YOU ORDER KETCHUP, THE "PROPER FRENCH DRAGON" WOULD NEVER GIVE YOU A SECOND LOOK!

THEY'RE TWO STRAINS OF "PROPER DRAGONS". SOME FEAST, SOME RUN...

RENT : "DEATH BY CHOCOLATE" STAY HOME AND EAT A BIG MAC WITH "EXTRA" KETCHUP ON THE SIDE! AND HAVE AN IMPROPER DAY!

WHO AND HOW DO DANCING :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: EAT?!!!

Cinnabar

Last edited:
''Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
Samuel Butler

Women are like cars: we all want a Ferrari, sometimes want a pickup truck, and end up with a station wagon.
Tim Allen

I used to have Mad Cow's disease, but I'm alright Nooooooooow.
Billy Connolly

I went to a meeting for premature ejaculators. I left early.
Jack Benny

I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist. Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender.
Rodney Dangerfield

People always ask me 'Were you funny as a child?' Well, I was an accountant.
Ellen DeGeneres

I sold my house this week. I got a pretty good price for it, but it made my landlord mad as hell.
Garry Shandling

I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming.
Jimmy Carter

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman where the Self Help section was. She said if she told me it would defeat the purpose.
Dennis Miller

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Mark Twain
leo_danserpushup.gif

Last edited:
a man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle
himself away.
***** charles schwab *****

THE WORLD IS FULL OF WILLING PEOPLE WILLING TO WORK,
THE REST WILLING TO LET THEM
***** ANONYMOUS *****

IF YOU WISH TO LIVE LONG, YOU MUST BE WILLING TO GROW OLD
***** GEORGE LAWTON *****

LOL....Oh, I just saw the dragon quote Buckeye....gasp....that was good.....ROFLMAO

Think about this...

a man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle
himself away.
***** charles schwab *****

THE WORLD IS FULL OF WILLING PEOPLE WILLING TO WORK,
THE REST WILLING TO LET THEM
***** ANONYMOUS *****

IF YOU WISH TO LIVE LONG, YOU MUST BE WILLING TO GROW OLD
***** GEORGE LAWTON *****
A man or woman are dying in the hospital. What do you think their last words would be? :ponder:

Bet your bottom dollar, they'd not say "I wish I had spent more time in the office."

Last edited:
A man or woman are dying in the hospital. What do you think their last words would be? :ponder:

Bet your bottom dollar, they'd not say "I wish I had spent more time in the office."

Excellent comment and point there,
something to think about!

LOL....Hey Buckeye! Just put the Dragon quote on my school e-mail as my signature.... :) I figure everybody needs to smile once a day. :)

Famous Quotes of Bruce Lee

1. Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

2. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."

3. "Its not How much you have learned, but How much you have absorbed in what you have learned."

4. "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

5. "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

6. "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

7. "Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."

8. ""A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

9. "A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."

10. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."

11. "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of."

12. "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."

13. "Ideas are the beginning of all achievement."

14."If I should die tomorrow, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do. You can't expect more from life."

15."Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!"

LOL....Hey Buckeye! Just put the Dragon quote on my school e-mail as my signature.... :) I figure everybody needs to smile once a day. :)

Cool stuff Skilly - that quote came from a magnet that has been on our refrigerator for many years. I still chuckle at it. Glad to see it shared with others. :) are great!

Experience is a wonderful thing.
It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
***** author unknown *****

THE MOST IMPORTANT SINGLE INGREDIENT IN THE FORMULA OF
SUCCESS IS KNOWING HOW TO GET ALONG WITH PEOPLE
***** THEODORE ROOSEVELT *****

MEN OCCASIONALLY STUMBLE OVER THE TRUTH, BUT MOST OF
THEM PICK THEMSELVES UP AND HURRY OFF, AS IF NOTHING
HAD HAPPENED.
***** WINSTON CHURCHILL *****

Last edited:
A quote from me

"When life burns you cut off the dead and move on with as much dignity as you can. "
I wrote this after I accidently burned off the front of my hair while tending my outside burn pile. :banana::banana::banana: I now have some really cool bangs and hey, I like them.... I never would have tried this kind of hair style otherwise.... :clap::clap::clap:

Back
Top Bottom