Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Ashmstng

I just wanted to say how lovely your last poem was, it flowed so easily and it was a total joy to read, I have always thought that poetry is a really personal thing, but I so enjoyed reading that mate, it was wonderful!! Any more where that came from? I have one that I wrote about ten years ago about contraception!! I might put it on here. Hope you are ok, and keep up the good work mate!!

Cheers

Elaine x

"life is an endless struggle but eventually you find a hairdresser you like"
"the reason i talk to myself is i'm the only one whose answers i accept"
"if u think no one cares about you try missing a few car repayments"
"there are two rules in life: look after number one and remember your number"
"people who think they know everything are annoying those of us that do"
"there are a few personal problems that can't be solved with a suitable application of high explosive"
:agree:
last but not least
"to err is human...but if the eraser wears out before the pencil you're over doing it"

rock musician quotes

"All my life they said I was going down,
But I'm still standing, stronger, proud,
And today, I know, there's so much more I can be.
I think I finally understand...
Here I stand at the crossroad's edge,
Afraid to reach out for eternity.
One step when I look down, I see someone else, not me.
I keep looking back, looking back and I'll see someone else...
Me?"
-- Queensryche (Promised Land)

Frank Tyger

Hearing is one of the body's five senses. But listening is an art.

Accross The Universe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington, English astronomer (1882 - 1944)

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
President Theodore Roosevelt

murphy's law

If anything can go wrong, it will

Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something

Enough research will tend to support whatever theory

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.

Any time you put an item in a "safe place", it will never be seen again.

If Murphy's law is correct, everything East of the San Andreas Fault will slide into the Atlantic
(misc. contributers)

personal note: these are just a few that i liked to see the whole list and maybe find one you like and have a good laugh go to (murphys-laws.com) :hello::hello:

my dad

my dad had two things he constantly told my brother and i as kids and now as a parent i find myself using them quite often.

"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask."

and when we asked him what he wanted to know when he asked us what had happened in a situation he would simply reply, "start at the beginning and when you get to the end stop."
:hello::hello:

It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.
-- Napoleon Hill

birthday's are good for you. the more you have the longer you live

who ever said money cant buy you happiness has never been shopping. (have to have been written by a woman? i'm one so i totally agree)

The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says... I'll try again tomorrow.

Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway.

Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.

Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.

True courage is not the absence of fear -- but the willingness to proceed in spite of it.

all from misc souces

Winston Churchill

I think Winston Churchill said this:
Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.

More and more of our imports come from overseas...George W Bush (well, duh)

I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.

It's my honor to speak to you as the leader of your country. And the great thing about America is you don't have to listen unless you want to...George W Bush

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.

O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet.

Don't stay in bed unless you can make money in bed...George Burns

Parents are the last people on earth who ought to have children.

I have never been hurt by what I have not said.

A word to the wise isn't necessary--it's the stupid people that need the advise.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

I never drink water because of the disgusting things fish do in it.

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy...Ben Franklin

Life is hard. After all, it kills you...Katherine Hepburn

I distrust camels and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

If 2 wrongs don't make a right, try 3--it works for lefts.

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.

Between 2 evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Humor is merely tragedy standing on its head with its pants torn.

Humor is reason gone mad.

Don't confuse me with the facts...my favorite professor, Dr Rand

Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time...a lecture given frequently by my dad when I was growing up.

Last edited:
More quotes from George W Bush :noevil:
...By the way, if you're counting down, he has 202 days left in office.

I am the master of low expectations. :roflmao:

If this was a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...

I want everybody to hear loud and clear that I'm going to be the president of everybody.

This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February 30th

They misunderestimated me.

decisions

it is easy to sit and judge others' actions and decisions, the difficult thing is to rise and act on your own decisions and chance someone judging you.:hello::hello:

It's my honor to speak to you as the leader of your country. And the great thing about America is you don't have to listen unless you want to...George W Bush

Love him or hate him, this is a great two part quote. This should apply to all leaders of the world.

First he states that it is a honor to speak as the leader, not power, not his right, not your duty, or anything else. It is a honor to be allowed to address us.

Second he states one of the great things about free countries, we have a choice to listen or ignore him. If you don't agree with him, don't have the time, or are simply more interested in the latest reality show, you are free to turn him off.

I know this quote is somewhat humorous on the surface, however I feel it carries VERY DEEP meanings.

:twocents:

No political message intended - I just like the quote! :rock:

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

We choose to do thes things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we're willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win.

both by JFK

Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair.
Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967)

Back
Top Bottom