Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

"Every Story has a End, but in Life every End is just a new Beginning."

Some to bring a smile to a Friday (and a couple of serious ones)....

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

This is an important one :

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

If your wife wants to learn to drive, don't stand in her way.

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.

If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by road then it's a shipment.

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who dont and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Hi Buckeyefan

How do you feel now that your birthday is approaching, I think you are younger than me, but as I approach 45, I feel happier, more content, and as a 6' blonde, I feel happier with myself than I've ever done in my life, I'm sat here now typing this, it's just me and The Eagles, had a couple of red wines, but I feel well mellow and I get very deep and meaningful when I've had a drink, next Sunday I will be 5 years away from being half a century old!!!!! OHMYGOD! BUT, everything works well, I get toots from older men now instead of younger men, but that's cool cause I always prefered the older man! Mark is 2 months younger than me, Toy Boy!! Anyway, enjoy your birthday mate, we're only here once eh?

Cheers

Elaine x

47 coming up!

I will be 47 Elaine.

Thanks for all the great quotes everyone. I really enjoy how this thread has turned out. Keep them coming.

Buckeye

:rock:

Cool quotes

I love quotations so here are just some of my favs. I hope you enjoy:

• If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. Henry Ford
• Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
• When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra
• One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. Henry Ford
• The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein, 03/14/1879 - 04/18/1955 Nobel Prize Laureate (Physics)

My favorite fortune cookie fortune of all times:

"You will attend a party where strange customs prevail."

I just found this one today. Abe sums up my feelings about a lot of things pretty well:

You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
- Abraham Lincoln

***Oops. I meant to post this in the Quotes thread. Bernard, is it possible to move it?

Done!

Last edited by a moderator:
My son said this last night:

"Inspirational becomes boring if all you hear is inspiration."

We were actually watching American Idol, and he said it about the song choices that the contestants made. All the songs were about hope and dreams.

But I think he has a point. You have to talk about the lows in order for the highs to make sense.

It’s not about what happens.
It’s about perspective.
I may not be able to change what takes place, but I can always choose to change my thinking.
-- Michelle Sedas --

Who said that?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
Douglas Adams

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but
that they know so many things that ain’t so."
-Mark Twain

By and large life is good, people are good. Keep a song in your heart and the truth on your tongue.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger."
-Abbie Hoffman

Whether you think you can or that you can't, you're probably right.
-Henry Ford

Everything is realative to something else.
70 degrees is warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Weighing 200 pounds is bad if you weighed 150 last year, good if you weighed 250 last year.
Lending someone a coat is good, but much more so in a Minneapolis winter than a Miami summer.

When we continue to strive to be good, we become closer to God.
Because when all of the relativity of good is removed, then you have the definition of God.

-BuckeyeFan

Today's Thought:
"Anyone taken as an individual is tolerably sensible and reasonable. As
a member of a crowd, he at once becomes a blockhead."
-Schiller
"The fundamental difference between the liberal and the illiberal outlook is that the former regards all questions as open to discussion and all opinions as open to a greater or lesser measure of doubt, while the latter holds in advance that certain opinions are absolutely unquestionable, and that no argument against them must be allowed be heard.

What is curious about this position is the belief that if impartial investigation were permitted it would lead men to the wrong conclusion, and that ignorance is, therefore, the only safeguard against terror.

This point of view cannot be accepted by any man who wishes reason rather than prejudice to govern human action."
-- Bertrand Russell

"You can accomplish anything as long as you don't care who gets the
credit."

This quote was made by a friend of mine when he was interviewed by the paper. I added this to my signature line of my work email.

There is nothing as bad weather, just bad clothes.

Swedish saying.

I like this saying sense it has double meaning somehow.

more stuff

"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, and they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
Carl Sagan

Once there lived a village of creatures along the bottom of a great crystal river. Each creature in its own manner clung tightly to the twigs and rocks of the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current what each had learned from birth. But one creature said at last, "I trust that the current knows where it is going. I shall let go, and let it take me where it will. Clinging, I shall die of boredom."
The other creatures laughed and said, "Fool! Let go, and that current you worship will throw you tumbled and smashed across the rocks, and you will die quicker than boredom!"
But the one heeded them not, and taking a breath did let go, and at once was tumbled and smashed by the current across the rocks. Yet, in time, as the creature refused to cling again, the current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more.
And the creatures downstream, to which he was a stranger, cried, "See a miracle! A creature like ourselves, yet he flies! See the Messiah, come to save us all!" And the one carried in the current said, "I am no more Messiah than you. The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go. Our true work is this voyage, this adventure."
But they cried the more, "Savior!" all the while clinging to the rocks, making legends of a Savior.
-- Richard Bach Illusions

Things my parents used to say...

My mum (who I sadly lost just before Xmas) used to say of no one in particular just if someone died that she didn't like...!

"He'll be going down not up, and he won't notice the heat for shaking hands!"

My mum (who I sadly lost just before Xmas) used to say of no one in particular just if someone died that she didn't like...!

"He'll be going down not up, and he won't notice the heat for shaking hands!"
My grandmother, a rather spunky woman, never accepted 2nd place to anything.
She skipped several grades and excelled in math.

Her philosophy: 'If you want to know something, don't be afraid to ask'.

That concept broke me out of my shyness. And, it improved listening skills.

I wanted to add this Poem! I hope you all like it. ;)

We may not always realise
that everything we do,
Affects not only our lives
but it touches others too.
As alittle bit of thoughtfulness
to show someone we care,
Brings along some sunshine
for all of us to share.
So everytime we offer
someone a helping hand,
Everytime we show a Friend
we care and understand.