Removing EEG glue from thick hair?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
After an annoying five day V-EEG, I have so much glue stuck in my hair. The problem is that my hair is extremely thick and it won't come out. It took ten washes with a 24 hour EEG. These "Oh just let conditioner or oil sit in your hair for 30 minutes" does not work! I even let conditioner sit in my hair for eight hours last night and it is still in there!
Thanks in advance!

Lots of very warm water and rubbing at the scalp often allows the glue to crumble, and then you can gently pull the crumbled bits down to the ends of your hair. I had a 2 week vEEG and I didn't find the conditioner worked either.

Hi,
I found using a lot of warm soapy water and a toothbrush to scrub the glue off my head and hair was a big help. I had my veeg for 5 days. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Lots of very warm water and rubbing at the scalp often allows the glue to crumble, and then you can gently pull the crumbled bits down to the ends of your hair. I had a 2 week vEEG and I didn't find the conditioner worked either.

Water is the only option. Don't trust conditioners.

id just wear some of it til i got a hair cut. But i am a male with short thick hair that needs to be cut often....

But i know, its a bitch anyway you cut it.

The 24hr one w video monitoring is just so fa king annoying.

Well for me I just shaved my head both times. It was less of a headache.

You can also try loosening it with alcohol. Then warm soapy water, a few times until it's out.

That's what I do also. I get it cut short before going in. It helps the leads stay on and makes the glue easier to remove after.

Back
Top Bottom