RIP Speber

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Just got the news and I'm blown away. Such sad news and loss of yet another friend to epilepsy. Spencer and I along with many others, shared a friendly battle of men vs. women creating some of the funniest postings on the internet. He will be missed.
No one to fetch my beer.

I don't come on here often but got the email about it, always sad losing a someone that is friend to many of you, and of course condolences to his family, must be very hard for them.

RIP.

Wow! My heart just broke. I am so sorry to his family and close friends. My tears and prayers are with you. I went to the place he is but I came back. Maybe just to tell his family it is just love. Pure love. A wonderful place to be. And I am sure that's where Speber resides. He is probably teaching the angels how to play the harp.God bless you. Sometimes we don't get to ask why, we just love each other like your family does, and that gives us the answer why. He wont be forgotten. With eternal love, Teresa

I just got the email and I am completely shocked and deeply saddened, my heart and sympathies go out to his wife, children as well as family members. I just don't know how to say how sad I am...May God hold you tight.
Speber, rest in peace my friend:e:

Though I did not remember him well he sounds like a fantastic man and I am very sorry about what happened.

Such terrible news. Like everyone else my thoughts and prayers are with Speber's family and friends.

My deepest thoughts of sympathy and prayers go out to his family. May he rest in peace!

I have received the following emails in response to the announcement I sent out:
MUGISA ESTHER said:
Sad story indeed, will remember him in our prayers.

Dharsha Naidoo said:
My deepest condolences to Spencer's wife, Renee and the children. I pray that his family are given the strength and courage during this difficult time.

May his soul rest in peace.

libann said:
My prayers and thoughts are with his family.

Axa said:
oh, I am sorry, so sorry to hear this news - even though I am not an active member (work, work) I remember him well. Please, express my sincere condolences to his wife and children. It was really nice from you to let me know about this tragedy ...

Zoe said:
Thank you for sending this on, Bernard. He will be much missed at CWE.

~~~

I also received an inquiry from one of our members in the UK who wished to contribute to Speber's memorial fund. If you are not in the USA and would like to contribute to the fund, please send me a PM. I am willing to facilitate collections for the fund.

"After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also”
John 14:19​

'Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know that they are happy'

*My condolences to family and friends*

Last edited:
Sending my condolences to his family. I am so sorry to hear of this. My thoughts are with Renee and the children. We are here for them.

I am very sad to hear of the heartbreaking news. He seemed like a caring person and was a talented musician. He will be forever missed.My condolences to his family.

Hey, please add what you can to [Story] Writing tributes for Speber and his family.

You don’t have to be a poet or experienced in expressing yourselves. Just add a few words on how you feel re Speber’s passing. Keep it simple if you like- a line, a sentence, a paragraph. Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts as a tribute to Speber, in memory of Speber for his family.

Thank you

This is such a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He was an special part of this site.

I am shocked and saddened by this news. He was so friendly when I ventured into the music threads. Gosh.

I haven't been on this site in a long time. Life has been a blur at times, but thoughts are with this person and this family.
As someone going through recovery after neurosurgery this summer hoping for great things to come, it does make me sad to think seizures can be so life ending to another person.
Thoughts are with this family.

I can't begin to say how sorry I am to his family for their loss.

When I first joined CWE Speber was one of the 1rst to friend me. I had been reading the men vs women thread before I checked the new posts laughing at everything. Tonight I will raise a cold one in his honor. His humor, openess, and friendly sunshine atitude will be greatly missed.

To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die.
~Thomas Campbell

Back
Top Bottom