seizures during/after sex

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mommymela

New
Reaction score
I really don't remember if I brought this up before, if I have, then hopefully you all have forgotten. Have you had seizures during or after sex? I've had 2 directly after sex when I stood up. My neuro thinks it's unrelated, but I'm not so sure! bow chicka wow wow...

:roflmao: Yes, I lmao that you posted this but I'm glad.

From experience...

My husband: that looks more like a seizure than an orgasm!

Me: /nod /seizure look (as I usu lose the ability to speak when going into a seizure)

You're not alone. :p

In my past I've had a few sp's during..

kind of an awkward situation!

Idk I was thinking maybe it was from being hot and getting a head rush from standing up quickly. Ymmv.

Idk I was thinking maybe it was from being hot and getting a head rush from standing up quickly. hmm...

I've had them right after orgasam, my old neuro wasnt sure how to treat them, and will be soon talking with my new neuro about how to treat them since my seizures (nocturnal) have been nightly everyday.
So I'd say its very likely to have them durning and after the "deed"

Mike

Wow idk why it posted my reply 3 times. Anyway this is probably tmi but I don't get off during sex so I know it's not from that lol

HMMM dont know the thoughts on that then, it could have been from getting up and getting a head rush but with how everybody's body is so different its hard to tell.

Have a great day

mike

I meant I know it's not why I personally seize, I'm sure that's a trigger for others

agreed, for some it is a trigger they are just "not ready to talk about it", and when they do it could help make life better.

Don't you both know you'll get hairy palms from that? :D

LOL I definitely do that, that's sadly the only way I can get the job done

That's me too, but my husband defently doesn't know that - so no one tell.

I had a seizure once while doing the deed.

We were right at the end and my husband said I started going crazy, rubbing him all over and yelling. But then he realized what I was saying didn't make any sense and that's when he realized I was having a seizure.

He said he was too far into it that he couldn't stop, he knew I would laugh about it when he told me, and I did. We still joke about this :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom