So Emberessed, Seizure At Chruch.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've had seizures in front of federal court houses, resturaunts in my car you name it I've had it somewhere, initially you're embarassed but it's just a problem you have to deal with, I wouldn't worry about it, at least you had one at the right place.

I've been pretty lucky regarding where my seizures have been. I've had exceptions, but for the most part I've been around friends or family when having them even in public places.

The most embarrassing one was when I was in middle school, had a seizure and threw up all over my shirt. I was already picked on quite a bit and this just gave them more ammunition to use against me. Yeah, middle school and high school were not pleasant times.

Church should be one of the best places to have seizures. If it's not then there's something wrong. I've been to multiple churches trying to find what's biblical. One of the churches that I went to brought out olive oil to put on my head and then prayed for the seizure to stop. The seizure didn't stop but that wasn't discouraging. I was glad that they had made the effort to try to make it better. I haven't been to a church yet that treated me bad or looked down upon me. If anything I've been helped more than judged or shamed. That's how church people should be. I hope you find a place that doesn't look down upon you or embarrass you. We're not all perfectly healthy, whether it be physically or emotionally. Everyone needs help in some area of their life. And if anything, if someone should act like that then the problem is not you but with them. Best wishes

The people at church should be the most understanding you can get but I feel you. I had a seizure at the Dollar Store and the people freaked out. It is so embarassing to have one in public. I never go anywhere without my fiancee because I know he knows what to do if something happens. Most of the time it doesn't. :paperbag: Where I live I hate having a seizure because someone is bound to think I am ODing on drugs.

I wouldnt feel ashamed at all over having a seizure in church. I would think that would be a place where most people would be the most understanding and caring. :)

Ive had a seizure at church,just before a funeral was about to start there were at leas 300 people there,so i know how you feel.I was p£$$%d off,angry you name it.But you certainly should not be ashamed,i mean its not like its your fault or anything.
As someone said earlier,go back with your head held high,these things happen,thats life.
I used to try and hide my epilepsy but after that seizure everyone knew and i mean EVERYONE! So perhaps i was a blessing in disguise!!!

Back
Top Bottom