The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lol.. they must be lots smarter than birds. You don't have to move it for our feathered friends. They just stay away.

Well I often tell people that owls were the last in the que when they were handing out brain cells but I am sure pigeons were behind them since I was doing a demo in long eaton and I always have problems with pigeons there, while I was busy talking to some of the public I heard the public all jump backwards with surprised whoops as a pigeon flew low over the demo birds and one of my harris hawks jumped up flipped over and made a wild grab at this pigeon which managed to escape only because the leash on my harris was too short had it been two inches longer then long eaton would be minus one pigeon

was kept up late last night.
managed to make it back up today.
met with a new neurologist in an effort to get all of my docs into one place.

I should have been in here last night :p half an hour after I went to bed last night there was a big street brawl right outside my window. After a while I had my finger literally about to press the call button for the police but then it broke up so I went back to bed. About half an hour later there was a guy walking down the street on his own shouting "heil Hitler" as well as other Nazi and anti-semetic (spelling?) sentiments at the top of his voice. I get back into bed only to be woken up an hour or so later by someone's house or car alarm going off, which went on for over an hour. At this point it was about 4am, I got up for a drink and noticed 3 different police vehicles crawling the streets around where I live.

I think everyone was going crazy where I live last night!

Outside of my workplace, 3 police cars and the k-9 unit sniffing around, would love to have known what was going on there, especially since we just opened on Monday!

I went 4 weeks without a seizure, and then got a new pair of glasses, had them for less a week. Had a seizure and managed to step on them.

:p

The mardi gras parade was today, I cut through the head of the parade, traffic was blocked off with more than 12 police cars and they all their strobes on.
(so i rode a bike through two blocks of cop strobes)

So I ended up missing the parade because I was in a post-tictal state.

Last edited:
Due to changes in my meds I have had to start wearing glasses too I thought about it before I bought any and finaly decided on a pair that were realy flexible to avoid them getting smashed while having a siezure. Well the idea was there till I picked up an old computer monitor (they were on one of those cables that allow u to hang your glasses round your neck) the computer monitor crushed the glasses against my ribs and bent the hinges oh well you win some you loose some lol

I always get the 2-4-1 offers on my glasses, I've broken a few pairs!

Not quite midnight yet, but I will be up for a fair while yet. Heading out on one of those short notice trips to Ireland. My uncle was found dead this morning, the funeral is on Monday. It's nearly two years to the day that my aunt (his wife) died suddenly in her sleep.

Have just driven all the way through Scotland, am now waiting for the ferry. Should get to my grannys in Ireland for about 3 or 4 in the morning. Thinking about the practical things, its easier that way. Well, there's our call for the ferry.

Last edited:
pearle does two for one here.
but I got my lenses half off elsewhere
and being poor, I went with the cheap option

they make make me feel pretty

My glasses are only for watching subtitles and menus on tv I too had the option of a two for one offer but being my first pair and spending a lot of time inspecting the kitchen floor for cracks closely then I decided not to bother with a second pair. Once I get the change in my tabs fully over and done with along with making sure I can walk after expecting a second operation to re sort out my pelvis after the accident last year as my pelvis has slipped on one side so one leg is 15mm longer than the other great if you are a mountain goat or enjoy walking in circles lol

Lou,

I'm so sorry about your uncle. Are there any guesses why he passed away?

Please have a safe trip.

So I flew out to California to help my Grandmother fly back home to Alabama with my none-verbal autistic aunt. Grandma injured her hip a few months ago so she can't wrestle with her all of her luggage. and doesn't believe in traveling light. That also meant wheel chairs for them both on the concourse, and assistants. We got to the gate to find out the flight was over booked and the choice was a family of five with 3 small children, or us. Apparently my gram and my aunt were on the same confirmation number, I was not. So I got left behind, my gram and my aunt went home, and had assistance the entire way. I will be home some time after midnight tomorrow.

I went back to gram's house here in cali and spent several hours cleaning the black mold out of the fridge.

Because of everything happening lately, I haven't had the chance to check in here lately. At any rate, I'm baaaack and feeling good!

I started making changes to the epilepsy blog and it's looking much better than it was. Now I actually have time to organize it the way I wanted it to be from the beginning. We were able to get things accomplished this weekend. My husband got more done than I did outside. I ended up doing stuff inside since I was giving my back a break. Tomorrow morning -- later on this morning; when the sun comes up... my husband is going to work on fixing a pipe along with fixing the roof so we're ready the next time it rains.

Other than that, nothing else is going on. Just chillin out on late night Sunday.

Where are all the night owls? Since I started taking the lamictal again I can't sleep at night! I know it's bad but I think I only slept from 7-8 this morning. I suppose I could drug myself with xanax but I prefer to save that for panic attacks. Does this eventually go away or is this an ongoing side effect? I find it so strange that I'm still not tired!

This morning again I only slept from 6-9, my 5 yr old woke me up and had already made his younger brother and himself a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice. He then asked me what I would like for breakfast. I love my big boy so much!!!! Without him...I don't even want to think about where I would be!

my dad is going to get me a new macbook so you will see me more

Back
Top Bottom