The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey, Lou,

Here in the states we also have big football matches this weekend. But it's american flootball! lol... It's playoff season, with the best teams playing each other, and the winners move forward to play each other, and so on. At the end of it we have the Superbowl, which is the national championship. People congregate in sports bars and/or have big parties with all their friends to watch. There is a lot of drunkenness, eating food that is delicious but very bad for you, and betting. The next morning it is about all people can talk about and very little work gets done. lol...

Hi Endless Hope all is ok with U - I've said B4, I've always thought American football was a game played by men with queer shaped balls!!! (sorry Mods!)

Hi, Col.

My definition of "OK" has changed. How my standards have slid. That said, yeah, I'm fine. lol......

Still can't sleep. And it seems to be getting worse. I wish we insomniacs lived near each other so we could get together and play cards or something while the rest of the world sleeps.

The midnight club is like the Hotel California. We can check out any time we want, but we can never leave...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obj...e" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Check out Don Henly, in his 20's, in huge hair and beard playing the drums! lol...

Last edited:
Midnight Club

Agree entirely, Endless - My sleep pattern has been non-existent ever since the brain injury so the "MC" is my own personal godsend especially as, after a GM I can be zonked for anything up to 7 hrs - meaning if it happens in daytime, I'm awake all night.
Thank heavens for my fellow "E's" & comparative loons! Luv ya all!

Col.

its almost 4am.... and i'd rather stay up all night and risk a seizure due to lack of sleep than risk failing this microbio exam...

not like i would get to sleep anyway though. question: could it be keppra that is disturbing my sleeping habits or most likely the epilepsy/stress?

SLOW DOWN, EM - You get no medals & life is way too short - take it from someone who found out the hard way!
Col.

Hi all, I just recenly joined and ran across the club. I sleep 2 to 4 hours a night and have ever since I got hurt in 1981. I spend a lot of time fighting boredom. lol I spent a lot of time back when I was married and my son was a toddler, before the internet and cable vision wishing one of them would wake up.lol Man life is grand now, lots easier to fight the boredom anyway.

Em,

Insomnia is listed as a side effect of Keppra:

Other events reported by at least 1% of adult Keppra-treated patients but as or more frequent in the placebo group were the following: abdominal pain, accidental injury, amblyopia, arthralgia, back pain, bronchitis, chest pain, confusion, constipation, convulsion, diarrhea, drug level increased, dyspepsia, ecchymosis, fever, flu syndrome, fungal infection, gastroenteritis, gingivitis, grand mal convulsion, insomnia, nausea, otitis media, rash, thinking abnormal, tremor, urinary tract infection, vomiting and weight gain

I say GOOD FOR YOU staying up and studying. The price of success is hard work. If you want to work in the sciences or be a doctor or a vet some day the competition is fierce and you need to pull A's, if at all possible. You GO girl!!!! :)

Im pretty sure i aced it wooooo! Thanks Endless :)
If anyone else gets discouraged during the night trying to finish/accomplish something just blast 'Dont Stop Me Now' by Queen on repeat haha definitely helped me last night a.k.a this morning with my studying

Welllllllllll.... there is an initiation ritual. You have to tell us: what is the craziest thing you've done to keep occupied during your midnight hours? We want details!

lol.. ;)

Well, after 30 years of this living 2 days for every body elses one, how do I choose the craziest? I would have to say one of my favorite, and most aggravating was trying to see how many round tooth picks I could stand end on end. I finaly made it to 3 just to have my movement create a breeze and blow them over. arrrg! It took me hours to figure out I was breathing on them was the reason i couldn't get any to stand up! I did learn how to regulate my breathing and my nerves. lol

Welllllllllll.... there is an initiation ritual. You have to tell us: what is the craziest thing you've done to keep occupied during your midnight hours? We want details!

lol.. ;)

Right, well I could tell yous what that was, but they kick me of this site faster than you can say "supercallifragelistigexpliallegotious" !!!!!!
Pleeeeeez lemme join in anyways, ya ya ya ya ??? Not far 'till midnight...!
;-)))

I know we're a fair way off each other Endless - but whenever you're passing .....!
Regards as ever
Col.

Dragongiraffe,

You have always been a member and you didn't know it! Just being up past 11:59 p.m. gets you in! :)

I am SO HUNGRY (due to lamictal). I'm trying not to eat at night, but it's hard. Can't wait till 6am so I can have breakfast.

OMG - Don't go asking "The Wife", Endless - I do have a small semblance of propriety to maintain!!

Back
Top Bottom