To Wear or Not to Wear~Medical Bracelets

Do you wear a Medical Bracelet/ID?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks and yes, it has. the prices are outrageous hence why I just made one and laminated it.

I have one, I had a seizure at Walmart and my husband said thy they looked at mine try said it took a little bit for them to notice but the saw it. I do have to add if anyone doesn't have one should get one. Or if you do have one put it on your life is priceless and don't worry about being labeled or carrying what you look like. Please wear it you never know.

one of the few reasons i dont wear one is because my wifes harris hawk we think is cross magpie and loves to play with anything shiny shes always trying to nick our wedding rings " thankfully she hasnt managed it yet although she loves to play with the wifes locket and bracelets as well as phone cases "

I'll get one but it needs to be stylin. Do they come in e-paper? I'd wear an e-paper medical bracelet.

Wouldn't it be good idea if they made medical alert belt for all of us who have to many issues to count that don't really fit elsewhere easily?

Wouldn't it be good idea if they made medical alert belt for all of us who have to many issues to count that don't really fit elsewhere easily?
With MedicAlert majormana you can list as many ailments as you have. List the most vital ones on the ID you choose and the rest are kept in their database with you medications and for example things like DNR order, advanced directive, x-rays EEG, ECG or whatever other important information you may want in your medical file. ALL your information is just a phone call away.

MedicAlert saved my life more than once. MedicAlert rocks :rock:

Futureghost: Just curious, what is "e-paper?" Your life is much more important than style. They do have quite an assortment of bracelets to choose from.

Check out their website below.

Last edited:
With MedicAlert majormana you can list as many ailments as you have. List the most vital ones on the ID you choose and the rest are kept in their database with you medications and for example things like DNR order, advanced directive, x-rays EEG, ECG or whatever other important information you may want in your medical file. ALL your information is just a phone call away.

MedicAlert saved my life more than once. MedicAlert rocks :rock:

Futureghost: Just curious, what is "e-paper?" Your life is much more important than style. They do have quite an assortment of bracelets to choose from.

I do get what you are saying however isn't realstic for me to choose and I think osteogensis imperfecta would take up most of room also as I said I have to be careful cause I have metal plate in my wrist so braclets don't generally work and id probably choke on or break a necklace I will find something that works but those options on tuat sight and their prices don't work for me. I'm not going to choose between my food allergies,epilepsy and osteogensis imperfecta as all 3 need to be known and don't really fit on small things I do have other issues to but they are not something that parmedics would need to know asap but those 3 are.

I think that's only because its more eye catching. like how emergency vehicles always have red in them. I have seen black, white and pink coloured tags, as well as just the solid etched, but the bands are never sometrhin I would wear

They have colored dog tags at Amazon.com yes on some the symbol matches color of tag

No, I don't. I feel self consious & like it puts a stigma on me.

I couldnt agree more,i also am not allergic to anything,also everyone i know,hang about with knows i have the "CONDITION".I really dont need people coming up at say a party and asking me "Whats that bracelet for?"

E-paper is what most e-book readers use, I still can't post links yet, run a Google image search if you would like to see some examples. "Your life is much more important than style." This is a value judgment, I am not sure If i agree with it. Yes as a precaution I should have one regardless.

i dont wear one i dont wear jewlry i loose it,but i do carry a card which i must update

I don't wear one - my epilepsy isn't all that severe - but I keep thinking I should get one just in case. I do have a medical card that I take with me (either in my wallet, or wherever if I don't have my wallet with me). I think the biggest thing for me would be out running, I would like a sporty one, and it's kinda difficult to carry a card with me unless I carry my running pack (which is usually only one longer runs).

i would hate to wear one, i know it may save me in major accidents, but when i had a major one people had th idea of looking through my phone.

I have worn one since the late 1990's. I also wear a RoadID velcrove bracelet. Along with a generic identification card, my state ID card, and, my cell phone. The problem is, sometimes EMS are too stupid to know what to look for.

I am a cyclist which is why I carry all those forms of ID. Still EMS behaves like they are drunk, or something. Because they look for my ID, like chickens with their head cut off.

Would wearing an epilepsy bracelet put undue liability in case of seizure while driving?

I don't wear one - my epilepsy isn't all that severe - but I keep thinking I should get one just in case. I do have a medical card that I take with me (either in my wallet, or wherever if I don't have my wallet with me). I think the biggest thing for me would be out running, I would like a sporty one, and it's kinda difficult to carry a card with me unless I carry my running pack (which is usually only one longer runs).

My E isn't severe, either. But I do take meds for it. EMS personnel need to know that. The root of my health problems are ventricular brain aneurysm, which caused Hydrocephalus. The operations for those two, caused my E. So I definitely need one.

The only problem is, EMS personnel don't always look for a Medic Alert bracelet/necklace.

i would hate to wear one, i know it may save me in major accidents, but when i had a major one people had th idea of looking through my phone.

You have got to be kidding:gob: You are more worried about your privacy, than EMS personnel trying to save your life.

Back
Top Bottom