What are some of your hobbies?

What are some of your hobbies?

• I like to read or write.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • I'm an outdoors kind of person. (fishing, hunt, camp, hike, swimming, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I like music. (listening or playing a musical instrument)

Votes: 53 58.2%
  • What's a hobby?

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I enjoy collecting things. (coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc)

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I have a green thumb. (gardening, flowers, etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I enjoy making things. (build models, woodworking, knitting, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I play sports. (football, baseball, hockey, etc)

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • I love to cook. (bake, cook, enjoy trying new recipes, etc)

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • I enjoy computers and games. (playing games, using computers, etc)

Votes: 38 41.8%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
What types of activities do you like to do?

Does anyone like the outdoors? Any musicians or singers here? Tell us about your interests here. When you got started, for how long, who got you interested, etc?

Some of my hobbies include:

Music (Listening & some playing)
Computers
Going to Concerts / Theatre
LEGO
Fishing
PC Gaming

I've always loved listening to music. When I was around 8yrs I got my first walkman & cassettes. I think the walkman was red & black. The cassettes were The Monkees & Sha-Na-Na. I loved The Monkees tv show & music (and still do). After about three or four months the walkman eat my Monkees cassette. It probably was because I dropped the walkman. I was mad at the time, but got over it. Since that I've had 4-6 other walkmans. Then I updated to CD players. I had about 4 of them, then moved onto my MP3 player that I bought last year. It's a nice 60GB Creative Zen Xtra, and it plays great. The CZX is not the thinnest or lightest MP3 player, but I like it.

When I was a boy, LEGOs were my favorite toy.

I hardly have time for hobbies any more. I enjoy gardening, playing basketball and riding my bike when I get a chance.

Swimming, walking, hiking ,cycling in Portland makes me nervous. I haven't done much of it . I use to love to cook , and bake a lifetime ago. Maybe one day that will come back, thou I still collect recipes. I haven't swam since I got
bronchontisis. I am waiting for a 2 yr mark than I will go back to the pool.
I walk 5 miles every other day. And when my husband and I can we go hiking.

Riva

I enjoy singing, playing the piano, acting and dancing. As a family, we enjoy biking and hiking. To stay in shape we walk and life weights.

^^ That link doesn't work for me.

My hobbies....

* Keeping up with my kids
* Learning anything I don't know
* Writing in my Diary/Journal
* Scrapbooking
* Photography
* Singing the lyrics to any song that comes on the radio.
* Researching cures for Epilepsy.
* Housework....keeping it going around here.
* Giving and getting hugs from my kids.
* I love activities... anything from Basketball to Caveing.
* I tend to overload my schedule sometiimes.

Love, Stace

My husband always says I overdo it. He says I don't know moderation. lol

Maybe ........ Its 27 yrs debate .......... rofl

Riva

i find i fit into a few of the categories and then many that aren't mentioned!

music / writing fo sure is the main one tho.

i spend all my money on instruments and recording gear! one day i tell you ;)

i also like drawing

and boxing and judo and wing chun

im an everythingamohogenius

Hi ya it caz here i have voted too
i love to chat on line and on th phone when i could see more i use o love to ride my baike i like to draw and made some papaer when i was at college that was fun when i can i would like to make some more. i love listen to msuic and i like listen to talking books.

i have a think of some more

cazz

Keeping up with me.

1. i love learnign new things like (doing art kind of things)
2. love playing with my sister ittle boy. when i go to there house or they come here.
3. drawng "animal manliy"
4. chatting on msn.
5. chatting on the phone and namal sit on the phone for hours. lol lol cannot get me off the phone lol lol

caz that it for now.

All I care about is woodcarving. Before this business with a brain tumor I spent every available minute carving wood. Being unable to do it now is totally heart breaking. This is one I did a couple of years ago. He's about 12" tall.

Attachments

• santa swan4 vvg.JPG
    santa swan4 vvg.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 17
That's really nice work Nancy. You are a talented artist.

Careful, Bernard

I'm absolutely STARVED for compliments ........... I have several THOUSAND photos.

All I care about is woodcarving. Before this business with a brain tumor I spent every available minute carving wood. Being unable to do it now is totally heart breaking. This is one I did a couple of years ago. He's about 12" tall.

That's a great carving. Did you ever try clay modeling? I know it's not same as wood, but it would give you another outlet. :)

Everything is gone ...... long stupid story. I can't do anything. That's what sent me screaming to neuro and tumor was finally found. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom