What are the symptoms of seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I know breathing difficulties can arise during seizures. That's something I seem to be having a problem with. I have days where I feel short of breath when walking up stairs or doing moderate exercise and similar activities. Sometimes I feel like I can't take a full breath or it takes me a long time to catch my breath. The next day I will breath fine. I have had my lungs and heart checked, and my doctors can't figure out why it's happening. They think it's anxiety, but I don't feel panicky or scared when it happens. It's not a problem I have every day. I notice when I have these episodes I occasionally feel heavy, lightheaded, have visual problems or nauseated--other times I just have breathing problems. One time it happened after walking up stairs and I almost fainted. Could they be part of a seizure?

Back
Top Bottom