What makes you feel good?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
For me it was getting up this morning, having a shower and putting on a new top and a flowing white skirt even though i felt terrible. Plus it helps that i bought them thinking they'd be too small (i've been working hard at losing weight), and they're actually a little big :woot:

Also, i love having time to chill out with a good book.

So what makes you feel good when you've been not so good?​

Woohoo i just took my skirt back and got a smaller size, and it fits me much better! Now THAT makes me feel good!

Helloo, Loopy!;~)

Simple things make me feel good, such as:
1. Spending time with my nephews & niece. I love introducing them to games & toys I played with when I was their age, like the Big Wheel & mini golf.
2. Spending time teaching students to make the right choices in life & watching them mature. I especially love it when the high schoolers I taught in the 6th grade come back to see me.
3. Gardening. Although I'm not a superb gardener like Buckeye, I do alright.

I used to have a business making soaps and lotions (handmade body care stuff) It was too much to do full time right now, but I LOVVEEEEEEEEEEE to get in my soap shop and dabble with a little research and development. I never had much time to actually concoct new recipes and formulas, sO I enjoy having the time now. Actually relieves stress for me and I feel I've accomplished something. Except, most of the time I don't remember what I've put in it, bit it's fun anyway! And, no one really bothers me there, cause they are afraid I'll put them to work!:soap: :roflmao:

Getting my nails done and a pedicure. Even if I feel like crap at least my hands and feet look good. I get my nails done different every time, either colored tips, air brushing, art work, inlays, glitter, gems, whatever and always willing to try anything once.

It's the simple things that count, that's kind of my life philosophy. Just sitting down in a chair with a drink, listening to fine music - that makes me feel good! I try to enjoy life as often as I can - it's too short to work and struggle all day!

I know what you mean Konrad. I enjoy the simple things too, and now that i have a little more free time on my hands, it's good to chill out and relax occasionally! I used to work 60-70 hours a week, then went to 35 and am now at 25. I feel so much better.

I like to go see shows, and go to see bands and stuff. Going to see Jimmy Carr tomorrow! (I suspect some people from the US won't know of him? He's a comedian)

Birdbomb - i can't really afford to get my nails and stuff done, but luckily they're pretty strong and grow well, and as i'm ambidextrous i do it myself lol. Maybe i'll do it sometime, just for the pampering!

Just the little things.....

Waking up and getting a big hug from each of my twins is the most yummy thing I get daily. It takes away all of the "stuff" surrounding an issue that is so unpredictable.

Another thing is waking up with my husband smiling at me (he doesn't smile much after a seizure)---it let's me know that he's there no matter what.

Finally, I know this may seem strange, it makes me feel good to have been given an illness that has allowed me to better understand both my body and the nutritional deficiencies that turn it upside down. I've learned so many things (unfortunately, we know how they rear their ugly head) about what my body truly needs to be healthy.----LMT

Loopy Lou, I'm into flowing skirts, too. Feel great when I wear my white peasant skirt (they're back in style) and white off the shoulder matching top. Feel like an angel. Picks me up and off the floor when I'm down so it never gets dirty. I listen to my music. Lately, again, my favorite...Emmylou Harris's "Cowgirl's Prayer". I feel light and constructive when I crack up my girlfriend with my dead pan humor. She's having a terrible time with her divorce and laughter is so saving. There's room for more but I don't want to crowd the page! Oh, though, I must say I'm in another wonderful world when at work writing. Such joy! And a great way to escape when life hands out trials. The next best thing to going on vacation.

Last edited:
awwwwwwww, Cinnabar

I can just IMAGINE you, in my head, dancing around on your toes, skirt flowing around you, laughing and having fun with your friend.........*grinning* :banana::pfft::bigsmile:

Just like Isadora Duncan, dancing and laughing for an audience of one. Anything for a friend in need...

Last edited:
I also enjoy my flowing ski ... :oops: Oops, I mean working in the garden. :roflmao:

The best things are probably my grandkids. They just love me unconditionally. They are getting old enough that they don't always have time for papa, but I still get plenty of hugs and great welcomes.

Others:

Spring + summer
Good Food (brattsssssss!!!!!!!)
Music
Humor
Accomplishing tasks - big or small

Buckeye, Let it out of the closet...and let us hear about your flowing skirts!

I don't have little ones around me but I can only imagine what it must feel like to get the love from pure, innocent eyes. You're fortunate to have each other.

And isn't humor important? Especially, when you need it? It's not the best time for me right now but boy did I laugh and laugh hard the other night with a friend. I think my stomach still aches. Laughter is a saving thing...

Ahh, Buckeye

is there something that we don't know???? LOLOL j/k :bigsmile::bigmouth: Honestly, the best thing for me is to either read a 600 page book in a day (did that yesterday) or write 2 or 3 chapters of a book in one day. Cross stitching, too....... My 29 nieces and nephews keep me busy....

Your favorite thread is back up and going............who's gonna cook the brats this time? The women? NOPE!!!!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
This website. It has great jokes, good music, stress busting techniques, a diverse group of great people and friends that understand the epilepsy I have every day.

When I'm offline, I walk my dog, garden and play my piano. Music is the best stress buster for me. When I play piano, or listen to music, I am totally 'in the zone' and forget about the daily stress. Haven't worn any nice skirts lately. Guess I'll have to shop for a few good ones since one person said they never saw me dressed up too much. Ha ha...
Just my style, I suppose. I want to get a matching outfit for my dog, too.

Here's a good song:

Last edited:
Thanks, Allivenwell! Did put me in the zone...filled up my senses. Just beautiful. And go by yourself a peasant skirt! Nothing like twirling to music!

I have quite a collection of peasant skirts now lol - But i never dared to get a white one before! <3

Going to see that comedian in about half an hour and can't wait :woot:

Wish I had saved my peasant skirts from the 70's! They'd be vintage by now and I also enjoy wearing vintage clothing. Oh, well...nice new fresh skirts. Holding onto these! Dare to wear...the white! But the prints are pretty cool, too.

Enjoy your comedian. Mine is in the other room! Everything's a joke...sometimes drives me crazier than crazy...

Last edited:
He was awesome :D Just got back and chilling out with a beer. Some of his jokes are really "near the knuckle" but that's why i love it lol!

Feeling quite happy now.

Back
Top Bottom