What makes you feel good?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When I worked in NYC, I used to walk from Penn Station to work. (3rd and 54th.) The subway always made me want to rip someone's face off by the time I got to work. But walking would give me all kinds of headline and concept ideas and often, I would stop, pull out of piece of paper, lean against a building and start writing away!!!

It is exhilirating when something wonderful comes out in from inside you. There's nothing like the thrill knowing that YOU have created somthing.

As for frisbee golf...have never tried it but the way you describe it makes me want to go out and get one!

I think you're BORN a writer. Just like you have brown eyes or brown hair. I never took a writing class in my life. Neither did my husband, who's a brilliant writer. It's just something I LOVE to do...

As for frisbee golf...I'm waaaaay too uncoordinated!

I agree writing is something innate. You can't teach someone to write. You can only teach them the mechanics.

un coordinated or not your playing in a park, with the birds, trees, nature galore and there are no green fees. I have been given the go to run a world wide discgolf event raising awareness for epilepsy.

I don't think there's anything on this earth that can make me feel the way I do when I see my wife smile. Seeing her happy makes my heart filled with joy that only she can bring me.

Coming in second would be my own tinkering. I enjoy doing things "out of the box" like on my car. I have a PC that is stealthily mounted under my hatch floor and a touchscreen installed in the dash. I'm pretty proud of it. Lots of work, fabrication, and it looks great.

I drive a 2k8 VW GTI and I do quite a few things with VW clubs here in Michigan.

I think your wife is a lucky lady!

I don't think there's anything on this earth that can make me feel the way I do when I see my wife smile. Seeing her happy makes my heart filled with joy that only she can bring me.

Coming in second would be my own tinkering. I enjoy doing things "out of the box" like on my car. I have a PC that is stealthily mounted under my hatch floor and a touchscreen installed in the dash. I'm pretty proud of it. Lots of work, fabrication, and it looks great.

I drive a 2k8 VW GTI and I do quite a few things with VW clubs here in Michigan.

For me...the thing that makes me feel good is watching my baby feed and sleep. No matter how bad the day, everything seems better when I go home and look down and watch as my baby feeds and then sleeps. There is nothing on earth that can match the look on a baby's face after it's eaten and is snuggling safe in it's mommy's arms.

Skilly,

For me... the thing that makes me happy is seeing my two grown children now. Nothing makes me feel better is knowing they're both well, educated, and happy in life, despite the fact they saw their mom going through many seizures when they were growing up.

My son is currently in S. Korea, so I won't see him for another year. :(

Sorry to hear that Cint. Tell him you expect him to do some major shopping for you. :)

Or edit! Unlike most writers, I love re-writes. It's like molding clay. That's the sensation I get!

I live in dread of edits. I'm more of a sprinter than a long distance runner. However, I should clarify that the edits I do are at the request of clients, not by my own initiave.

So, I love copy that's not heavily edited amd succeeds!

I must admit my writer's life would be easier if I didn't edit prose like I do verse!

Listening to Incubus or Rush always makes me feel better.

As do bubble baths (I know about the warnings), a good haircut and a new outfit.

A massage never fails either. ;)

Feeling like my meds are finally starting to work!

I've had a whole week now without anything more than a few absences and some good night's sleep :D

Back
Top Bottom