What makes you feel good?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Having a glass of wine with my Mom. She is so funny. And dancing of course. Singing. Cleaning the house to good music.And volunteering at my son's school, that is so fun and funny. Those kids are hilarious. lol

riding my bike.
it doesn't sound like much, but it makes me happy

I can understand...the breeze in your hair, gliding down a hill. Unfortunately, last time I rode a bike I crashed head-on into a tree!

Knowing that i've just worked off 607 calories in the gym woooo!

Ye gods i'm knackered.

You're more brave than me!!!

The normal joke I tell people is that it is cheaper than a drug habit.
But I like a chance to get out of the house, and it is the little privacy to think I know I have.

But I have woken up in ditches after seizures before.

I love going swimming all by myself. Something of a no-no with epilepsy, but it can be so great to feel like I have a whole lake to myself. I miss it now that the weather's cold.

I miss swimming I really enjoy it. I gave it up after two seizures while swimming on two different events.

I earned a pair of lifeguards trunks a few years back. So talking myself into quitting swimming took some effort.

One of my favorite things is going to the Archey range but haven't been in awhile. Liked paintball but site regulations changed and they won't let me play anymore "liablity issues". I use to love going to the park with my daughter and seeing who could swing higher but after having a seizure and nealy dislocating my shoulder, she's a afraid to go anymore. She's worried that next time I might get hurt worse.
Now I grab a good book curl up in the massive rocking chair with a cup of coffee and adventure that way.

I miss judo.
the video clip is 6 years old, and 30 pounds lighter

Love the scissor move at the end. Looks like you did your share of both thumping and being thumped. :)

I still play basketball to relief stress, though at 48, my body is not holding up too well anymore. Out with a minor foot injury right now. I am an awful shooter, but pretty good defender. To me, blocking a shot is better than making a 3 pointer.

I am lucky, I have had auras while playing, but never a tonic-clonic (grand mal).

I like playing road hockey - a good Canadian tradition.

Also waking up early on Saturdays, having a coffee and watching the English Premier League. (soccer)

Back
Top Bottom