What makes you feel good?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Court!! I myself miss Judo. I won my first competition in the UK when I was 4 and a half. I competed at an international level, and was pre-selected for the 1998 Olympics. However, I didn't compete. I sat at home watching my replacement fight on TV whilst cradling my 1 month old baby daughter......REALLY bad timing lol. I was national under 11 champion when I was 9 in late 1990/early 91. Fought in France and Germany in 1991 won in germany, second in France as I'd just gone up a weight category by 1 kilo lol. Haven't gone back to it because first I was having my 3 kids, then was diagnosed with E.

it is amazing how weight can screw you up. I have been messed up my cheeseburgers before, (but they were sooooo tastey)
I loved competing open class with all the heavies but I always went home bruised.

Last edited:
Knowing that i've just got my skates back from my granny's in Ireland (from when i lived there) and that i've now got to start right back at the beginning and learn myself to use them without falling over too much!

I do like a challenge :p

i just realized i have no answer to this question. i racked my brain. the things i came up with (watchin a movie, playin music, long walks... )i only meerly like these things.. i use them to answer because somewhere deep inside i USED to enjoy them. i am only clung to the memories.. ehhh.. think think ok heres one: sitting alone allowing my brain to recharge lol and watermelon slushies

Joy

It's often the little things in life which I enjoy. Fun little surprises, too.

But how cool?! Watermelon slushies. Wanna go out and get one right now! Slurp, slurp :)

I miss sonic's resturant. I havent had a good cherry lime-ade in a bit

Watching my oldest daughter's house being built. Her and her husband have worked very hard for this. It is neat to go see the house progress and see the smiles on their faces as they show us around.

Saturday, we saw two deer at the edge of the woods 100 ft from their back porch. That is relaxing.

Just the idea of visiting my cousin in North Carolina after my trip to Florida. She lives in the mountains and even has bears in her back yard. How cool is that! Sounds like she lives in a clanish odd ball town which means I might get a story out of this!

The sheer

IDEA of being able to go to Vegas next week, and POSSIBLY being able to actually meet Birdbomb!!

WOOOHOOO!!!!

DECORATING. Just returned from my trip to North Carolina and was in awe of my cousin's cabin with cathedral ceilings...a view of mountains everywhere. Now this I do not have but decided to make the best of what I do. My very large bedroom is my santuary which needed order and grace. Purchased a cherry wood six foot tall bookcase to house all of my books, a CD bookcase where I've arranged all of my CDs according to genre. Then of course my computer. This is my office space where there's a drop ceiling...which leads into the bedroom. I purchased white bedding and painted all the furniture white which really brightens up this area of the room. I also hung brilliant oil paintings my uncle painted who passed this year. This keeps me close to him. Overall, there is now the illusion of two rooms. My white bedroom for reading with green tea on hand. My office space for my writing in Word and then of course sharing here. All in all, everything very Fung Shue!

It's important to surround your dwelling which brings order, calm and joy. :)

Last edited:
your all gonna think i'm a nut but the thing that always makes me feel good is hanging upside down like bat off my bed my bed is only a foot off floor but still always liked hanging off bed like bat makes me feel good its only for about 60 seconds but makes me feel good. Long skirts and dresses are no diffrent then my everyday wear so can't make me feel better then usal. Some reason being tempory bat girl works.

The faces of my grandaughters who I don't see very often, but when I do it is extra special. My cats make me laugh alot with their antics. Never a dull moment with cats :)

Thanks majormana, you just helped me remember what it felt like when I was a kid to hang upside down from a monkey bar, flashing the nickers for all to see with the skirt up around my neck LOL. Wish I could still do it. Must try the bed thing!

[QUOTE

It's important to surround your dwelling which brings order, calm and joy. :)[/QUOTE]

This is so true. If it can't be the whole dwelling because of other people in the house, then even a small corner of a bedroom. I'm fortunate to have a little sitting room off my bedroom - no TV, no Music, just a little comfortable space with some memorabilia and books. It isn't always disturbance free, but it's a nice little spot!

roo, it "is" important to find that little nook in the house that's your very own. For me it's my bedroom which I call my sanctuary. Just redocorated and feel great when I wake up in the morning in my new day bed with white comforter and pillows. And now all my books are organized in a large six foot tall bookcase and my many CD's have their place in a smaller bookcase. Finally, a sense of order! And I love candles! At this time of the year, I'm burning a Mountain Pine.

Here's a great quote from Joseph Cambell

"You must have a room or a certain hour of the day or so where you do not know what was in the morning paper ... a place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are, and what you might be .... at first you may find nothing's happening ..... But if you have a sacred place and use it, take advantage of it, something will happen"

Enjoy your little spot. It's larger than anyone might think!

Last edited:
obsessing over my bike being built. the parts are all in a really big box at the foot of my bed. It is replacing another road bike i owned but had a seizure while riding on during a race. I am trying to figure out things like the proper gear ratios. What handle bars. Seems like a lot, but it really is kinda fun.

Back
Top Bottom