What makes you feel good?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Glad you had a good time Loopy - Comedy ranks right up there with music as a stress relief for me.:rock:

OK, I'll

admit to the comedy thing, too.....especially to the Blue Collar Comedy tour. OK, it's a little old, but man, it can get me rolling, and really breaks me up laughing. Talk about calming me down.

The other thing is listening to things like jazz and classical music......

Last edited:
Something I really love is having my house full of people I care about over for BBQ's like yesterday. They all call me "Mom"! They help set stuff up and clean up the big chunks before they leave. We do this several times a year and on New Years Eve. I love my parties!

I love the British wit. Noel Coward and such. Oh, I do love screw ball comedies. "My Man Godfrey" is one of my favorite movies. The version with Carole Lombard and David Niven. In real life, I love anyone who provides comic relief. And if I can laugh at myself I do so whole heartedly.

Parties...I used to really enjoy entertaining a group no larger than six. I'd cut out receipes from The New York Times and go to town. Sometimes more difficult than the Saturday puzzle!

I'd cook like this for an ex-husband. A pretty damn good cook, I must say! Though, he'd make a sour face and smack his lips and ask me to pass the the salt. Uh! No more. I'd buy Stoffer's. Hide the box. Microwave it. Slap it on a plate. Pull out the wine and light candles. "Oh, you taught yourself to cook", he'd say. I thought about trying out the "dog food" thing...he would have gone for it I'm sure if I just added a little ketchup!

See, this kind of thing makes me laugh!

omg that is so funny Cinnabar!

Also, i love painting and drawing, but it's difficult to find time lately. I like using acrylic paints :D

I love getting cuddles from my little boy, especially the ones he gives first thing in the morning and getting kisses before bed at night. And when he says love you, even though it sounds more like wah ooo! It makes the memories of all his daytime tantrums just melt away...

Loopy Lou, Whadda ya know...I illustrate and paint. Mediums: watercolor, ink. Looking forward to trying my hand at acrylics. Painting nearly puts me a meditative state.

A great afternoon. Time to meditate. And a weekend once a month to the water of peace and quiet for my health.

Getting my nails done and a pedicure. Even if I feel like crap at least my hands and feet look good. I get my nails done different every time, either colored tips, air brushing, art work, inlays, glitter, gems, whatever and always willing to try anything once.

:agree: Me too! Me too!

Jimmy Carr-absolutely hilarious. Also like Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard. Reading a good book makes me happy, doing a cross stitch picture, and getting dressed up and doing my make-up even for the school run! I love watching Formula one and being beaten at bowling on the Wii by my kids!!

More Happiness

:) When I get that "Bingo" moment when writing prose or verse.

:) Editing (something most writers abhore)

:) Walking to the sound when I need a break from writing

:) Coming home, popping into CWE before writing again, and finding a
thread like this one before going back into Word!

There are plenty more things which make me happy but then I'd have
to write a short story! ;)

Happiness is completely forgetting that i ever made this thread, and then reading through it again :D

Loudmouth - i love frankie boyle and russel howard too. Some really funny guys! I'd say that if you get the chance, you should definately go see Jimmy Carr live. The tickets are only about £20, but he's so funny. Plus you get a real feel of the interaction with the audience (Just don't sit right at the front or you'll be a sitting target!)

I'm happy cos i'm going on holiday, weeeeeee! I may have mentioned it once... or twice... or possibly more :pfft:

I am really happy today :) Not only have I made some wonderful friends via here :D I am really starting to get my head around things now - and that is largely on the part of you guys - for helping me get things back into perspective!

Another great feeling - today, I found a pair of old jeans that no longer fitted me (but was reluctant to throw away as they were from Monsoon and cost £60). I thought I would try them on (with the expectation that they wouldn't go pass my thighs). You can imagine my elation when they fitted perfectly!

I just feel sorry for my husband who is already preparing financially for my forthcoming shopping spree! The fact that he is also scottish probably doesn't help either! lol

Aye, the Scottish are well known for being tight as a camel's arse in a sandstorm.
Sorry, i heard that a while ago and have been dying to use it!

I think i've actually put a couple of pounds back on. I've managed to get myself some Bronchitis, so haven't been out so much, apart from work. Mind you, i still went and got some new clothes for my holiday (did i tell yous i was going on holiday...? :noevil: ). They're a size or two smaller, so quite happy with that!

A shopping spree is always good fun, and even more so when you know you can get smaller sizes lol!

Hey you guys, it's getting cold here already on Long Island and before I logged on I was thinking about digging up the jeans. I'm going now to check and see if the fit....no really I'm back! They're snug but they fit! OK. So I'm happy! Now, I'm going on a shopping spree this afternoon to find a few tops to go with them. Happy Holiday! Loopy Lou!

Cinnabar, you're a writer (and walker) too? We should meet and greet in NYC.

The thing that makes me happiest is writing (hence my website) and being an epilepsy advocate. I gave up my day job (a thriving freelance writing business) to do this full time. And I must say, it's much more satisfying...by a long shot!!!

When walking track with IPod, funny, I problem solve writing issues very easily. OK. Let's meet up in New York and have lunch at the Algonquin Hotel! I've checked out your web site but will have to give it another look! Nothing like creating a gratifying venue for one's self.

what makes me happy is when doing art I step back and can't believe what I see. I try to paint with my emotions and let the art just happen. It is a great feeling when it just happens! I am just an extension of the brush and consider myself another tool used to create the art.

Also, I love playing discgolf (frisbee golf) www.pdga.com watching a disc sail perfectly through the air is just beautiful! There are discgolfers throwing disc over 700 feet in the air! I myself can only get it to about 400'

Back
Top Bottom