Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 35 15.9%

• Total voters

Sabbo

Stalwart
Supporter
Reaction score
I got A's, but I'd probably say literature, only because I don't care to analyze the authors' writing (thanks to a specific teacher). I'm a bookworm--if I really enjoy a book, I can easily finish a 200 page book in a day. I read a 540 page book in 5 days when I was 8 years old.

Sabbo

Stalwart
Supporter
Reaction score
There were 4 years when I hated to get up for school, but that was because of bullying. Some of which was due to my simple partials--kids actually thought I was faking things for attention!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
favoret subject bell go home lunch bell English lit history physics alto I can say I never had occasion use hooks law or tesla I was proberly asleep for other subjects.wish tried harder at math because physic was mainly math examiner must been asleep when marked mine

Pinkhorse

New
Reaction score
Math for sure. When I was applying for a PhD program they wanted me to take the GRE. My husband is a math guy so he was helping me with that. I did better on the first test than the one after. Partly because he wasn't a patient enough teacher. I finally said to them: If you want to know how I'll do in the program, look at my transcript from my 2 graduate programs. They said OK.... (I didn't finish it. Was feeling like I couldn't think because I'd just been through chemo for cancer. Now I laugh at myself. I thought I couldn't think then.... Who knew what was to come 10 years later!?!? (By the way, I read the 3 papers I wrote in that one class I took and, when I started I didn't know what they were - then I realized I'd written them and was amazed at the style of writing. It was so perfect for the class!) Coulda shoulda woulda - wish I'd finished the program but stopped after one class.

resaebiunne

Stalwart
Reaction score
I hated everything just about equally. Though for whatever reason I wanted to like math the most... I struggled with math, but I persisted. I persisted all the way through an entire Master's degree in electrical engineering. Go figure.

It's really a waste. They teach you all this math. You learn 3 semesters of calculus and a semester of differential equations. A foundation for your bachelors level courses and whatever graduate courses you take. However, in a professional career as an engineer you almost never use math. Except for job interviews... Really? WTF.

Sweetroll

New
Reaction score
I hated everything just about equally. Though for whatever reason I wanted to like math the most... I struggled with math, but I persisted. I persisted all the way through an entire Master's degree in electrical engineering. Go figure.

It's really a waste. They teach you all this math. You learn 3 semesters of calculus and a semester of differential equations. A foundation for your bachelors level courses and whatever graduate courses you take. However, in a professional career as an engineer you almost never use math. Except for job interviews... Really? WTF.
I couldn't get any of it in school. I did however like math I wasn't any good at it though. School told my Mom I have learning disabilities. It was seizures! Go figure. No one believed me when I told them what was going on. It took until I was 20 having a seizure in front of the doctor. They finally believed me. Still have trouble learning.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Sabbo

Stalwart
Supporter
Reaction score
Subject-wise, I'd literature--in 9th grade, actually. I dropped honors English due to 1 of the teachers because I began to hate the subject so much. I always did & still do love to read books, but I don't care to analyze the author's work after I do. To pass his exams with high grades you almost had to be able to read into the author's mind.

truegrit

Stalwart
Reaction score
Math was my worst subject,especially Algebra. History Music and English were my best.
I really loved and still love history because it gives us insight based on struggles and tensions from the past.

Sabbo

Stalwart
Supporter
Reaction score
Math & science were my best and favorite subjects. I think that might be partly why I enjoy quilting. I also like doing embroidery--counted cross-stitch. I don't care for the patterns stamped on the fabric.

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
morning where never my thing.

and college i lost focus, no one was making me do it, so I lost my reason. plus I was going to college to become a hot shot, and they have a horrifically high death rate. so motivation was hard to maintain.

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
Maths was my biggest fault...in my last two years of school, I swapped it for Performing Arts and Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation. Those ended up being my stronger subjects along with Commercial Hospitality which I came 2nd in. I never thought I was a good chef but everyone else seems to think otherwise.