• English/Language

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Social Studies/History

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 35 15.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
What was your worst subject in school? Mine has always been math because my seizures erase what I have learned. So I was wondering if that was the most common subject.

That's a hard question to answer. There a few subjects I had trouble in. Some were math, english, history, etc. But not really a constant subject I can say is my worst. Ex.

Math: Algebra I'd do so/so. But if I didn't keep up, I'd mess up bad. While I be do fine in Geometry. But when I was doing Business math in college, I aced the course.

English: Was a similar situation. I wouldn't do well in learning the parts of English. IE: verbs, pronouns, etc. Because I was bored, and really didn't care. But when I'd do creative writing and poetry, I'd do great.

Social Studies/History: Again, it all depended on what I was studying. When we learned about the Civil War, WWII, I'd ace the class. Try to teach me about Henry VIII, and I get bored real fast.

In my case it all depends on the specifics on the course work. That's why I chose other. IMHO the teachers, instructors, and professors also are important. If they were just teaching to teach, I'd usually do poorly. But when they cared about what they taught, and enjoyed teaching it, I would do better.

Hmmmmmm worst subject!!!!!

I actually got on ok with maths, history, geography, religious studies and sports. But the one thing I hated was English/Language/literature because it was boooooring.

I have no interest in Shakespeare and other pre 1900's books, now if the curriculum was to change to Stephen King I would enjoy the classes so much I would pay to go :rock:

I would just switch off in English classes (and no, it wasn't seizure related) my teacher didn't help matters, he had no personality and he did not manage to hold the students interest.

I use maths calculations everyday in my job, but I have never sat at my desk and had the need for Shakespeare :ponder:

Hmmmmmm worst subject!!!!!

I actually got on ok with maths, history, geography, religious studies and sports. But the one thing I hated was English/Language/literature because it was boooooring.

I have no interest in Shakespeare and other pre 1900's books, now if the curriculum was to change to Stephen King I would enjoy the classes so much I would pay to go :rock:

I would just switch off in English classes (and no, it wasn't seizure related) my teacher didn't help matters, he had no personality and he did not manage to hold the students interest.

I use maths calculations everyday in my job, but I have never sat at my desk and had the need for Shakespeare :ponder:
yeah I get what you mean I'm like "I'm going to be a nurse! What am I going to do with geometry!?!?!?!?!!?or this history stuff or Dante's Inferno?!?!?!" lolso yeah I get what you mean

If things don't interest me, then I don't pay the slightest bit of attention, I am exactly the same at work as I was in school, if I am in a boring meeting that has nothing to do with my department I will drift and think of other things -

I hate to say this, but it is a bit like one of those Homer Simpson scenes where he lacks concentration because something is boring and he makes something interesting and silly up in his head to amuse himself - well I used to do that in English.

You want to know the funny thing? Now that my seizures have been under fairly good control,I actually teach algebra and know what I'm doing! :)

It's all about the control baby.....

Controlled you can figure that I'm close to a rocket scientist....

Under stress (or uncontrolled) I'm far from it....

Or, could it be that hubby just thinks I'm a rocket scientist b/c I'm actually remembering things:ponder:---LMT

Math and Spelling are my worst, I am pretty good at english and science though.

Mine worst subject in school math and english except I'm a very good speller.
Belinda

I've just voted History, as I really couldn't see the point in looking back at what had happened, when we should all be living for Today, and looking for things to help us all in the Future.

^ that is a serious quote from a young brain - I remember telling the teacher that......made him sit up and think too :roflmao:

i didn't see "Hindi" listed so i marked "other" , because i was great at English , but my Hindi sucked , more from lack of effort , though.

By far, my worst subject(s) are history/geography. There is a reason for this. The particular school system in which I was enrolled, believed that "football coaches" should teach history/georgraphy (a combined class) because it was straight out of a textbook with preprinted homework, etc.

Honest to gosh, I don't think I had but one true "history" teacher straight through middle and high school!

Ahhh...nothing like education in Georgia! :rolleyes:

Everything I learned about history...I learned in elementary school or self-taught as an adult. :ponder:

-Julie

Pardon my French ... heck if I know ...

Back in my days - (I'm older than dust, thank you very
much!) in Junior High, we were REQUIRED to learn the
basic 3 Foreign Languages; and what was offered was
Spanish (this was way too easy for me, since Spanish
was a 2nd language in my area), German (we had a lot
of Germans here, so I did alright) and then French (and
in spite of Canadians - especially those from French
Quarters of Quebec, you would think I would get by).

I FLUNKED FRENCH !!!

I do not understand French at all! I can pronounce some
French foods, and I can say OUI for yes. And I know how
to play "Au Claire de la Lune" (By the Light of the Moon),
but that's about as far as French as I can go! LOL!

Whenever I did eBay in the past; I have close rapport
with a Canadian Friend of mine who is fluent in French,
she was my "French Handywoman" - and took care of
all my "French needs" ... soooo ...

I confess - French ... I got a big fat "F"

:embarrassed:

But at least I like French Fries ...

:pfft:

Last edited:
Sharon,

I can totally relate.:agree:

Three years of Spanish, and about all I can say is: "I want a green table." Or, "I like your small hair." (I always get hair and dog mixed up). :noevil:

But, oddly enough, I can sing part of the "Scooby Doo" theme song in Spanish!

chhhm, chmm (clears throat):

"Scooby, dooby, doo, donde esta tu?" :roflmao:

you probably know this sharon , but - les frites ne sont pas francais. C'est une invention americaine. :D

Do the results make me odd ?.....I LOVED Math. I even asked my Mom and Dad if they'd ring the school and bring my Math's work to the Hospital when I had Meningitis back in the old days

::: scratching head ::: and the Doc just confused me - HELP!!!

Sharon,

I can totally relate.:agree:

Three years of Spanish, and about all I can say is: "I want a green table." Or, "I like your small hair." (I always get hair and dog mixed up). :noevil:

But, oddly enough, I can sing part of the "Scooby Doo" theme song in Spanish!

chhhm, chmm (clears throat):

"Scooby, dooby, doo, donde esta tu?" :roflmao:

Ninguna tabla azul quiere y ningún olor del pelo
ningún quiere tampoco.

:pfft:

you probably know this sharon , but - les frites ne sont pas francais. C'est une invention americaine. :D

HUH??

Does anyone know what he said?

::: scratching head ::::

:huh:

Last edited:
Brain he said "chips is not francais. It is an americaine creation" I think :)

Back
Top Bottom