• English/Language

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Social Studies/History

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 35 15.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hmmmmm, hardest subject in school???? I'd have to say school :D

No, I've had bad ears/hearing since I was about 3 months old, tubes/patches all that crap, and the school really didn't care. So I had LOTS of issues with just about everything. Spelling and reading were my strongest though (NOT punctuation *LMAO*). That was usually in the senior(HS) to college level.

Now, I suck at spelling and reading *L* :D :rock:

Math, I failed pre-geometry a few times. :(

I still don't get it.

I can't help my kids with their homework and they are in 5th and 6th grade. :p

Math, I failed pre-geometry a few times. :(

I still don't get it.

I can't help my kids with their homework and they are in 5th and 6th grade. :p

Get them to teach you. They'll learn it better & maybe even figure a few things out that way, & who knows........ maybe you'll understand how your kids tell you better than your teachers.

Ohh good idea!! And I know they do it a little differently then I did. Perhaps it will make more sense. Thanks!! :D

Also, kind of funny that over half of us suck at math. :ponder:

Not necessarily!! It depends upon the Rx you're taking. some of them cause cognitive impairment for which math requires - cognition & logic. It's a good idea to get your children to teach you, as epileric pointed out! They possibly can explain it more simply!

teacher problem

I just had a math teacher with an attitude problem.
He thought that we were stupid. He was self absorbed, and thought he had the best sense of humor, and a wiz on the guitar.
If an instructor is so self absorbed due to insecurities, there is no way anyone can feel good about learning math.
(I was horrified when I found out that I have him again.)
Unfortunately, there is worse.

Shelley, such teachers as that need to be reported to the Principal. I had one who was just there for the money b/c it was an easy job. He didn't care whether or not the students passed or failed. The narcississistic teacher like you described is in for one big fall!!

I never opened a book for spelling and I was always in the top grades. For some, it's a matter of having a photographic memory; for others if you take a long word and divide into syllables properly, you'll gradually get the correct spelling. I did this at work one day when no-one else could spell the word correctly. I hope these tips help out.

Please don't be too hard on yourself!!

O.T.: Chy Girl, are you that shy that you do belly dancing? LOL!! J/K :D

O.T.: Chy Girl, are you that shy that you do belly dancing? LOL!! J/K :D

It's good back exercise and good for your core muscles.
I don't do it as often as I should.
Besides, the traditional folk dance in traditional garb is just a dance.
Hollywood just made it weird.

Shelley, I knew it was good back exercise. I had seen several women at a club here do this at their annual outdoor picnic. It was interesting to watch. Further, I was joking with Chy Girl, as I stated.

Im actually really well at math. i graduated at 16, cum laude and with honours. the only subject i had issues with was english. I was stubborn and refused to read books that had no meaning and do projects on super hero movies. i cant figure out why we are forced to take a course in high school on a language we speak. by the high school period you should know how to read and write and spell etc. nobody cares about haiku's in school. at least in Canada.

Word

Math was deff the hardest for me, ugh.

I only had one math teacher that cared enough to make math interesting, and cared enough about her students grasp of the subject to make it interesting. If you didn't get it, she actually helped you.
The brat I have now for college math is a self important idiot who will write a problem on the board, show you the solution, tell you to read the book; and if it's wrong, you're dumb and inferior cuz you don't like math.
I've shown his work to friends who are double Es', and they said that his solutions for problems was messed up.

2+2=4

I only had one math teacher that cared enough to make math interesting, and cared enough about her students grasp of the subject to make it interesting. If you didn't get it, she actually helped you.
The brat I have now for college math is a self important idiot who will write a problem on the board, show you the solution, tell you to read the book; and if it's wrong, you're dumb and inferior cuz you don't like math.
I've shown his work to friends who are double Es', and they said that his solutions for problems was messed up.
Excelled in English but Math was the bain of my existance. When entering college, I was determined to maintain a high GPA but realized this could only be done if I kept up a math score (which I could never do). So...I thought. Words are like puzzle pieces for me, why not look at numbers that way? Somehow, my mind took to this idea and math became somewhat of a game as is writing for me. Love to figure out and figure in words, learned to just about like figuring in figures.
Go figure? It worked. But now. Don't ask me if 2+2+=4!

My worse subject in school was math. I was really bad. Then when I had to take algebra, surprisingly I did fairly well. Geometry and higher, forget it. I had to take geometry again in summer school and still did lousy. That was the end of my math career.

epileric said:
Assuming by chips you mean French Fries
The Americans massacred the correct translation of fried potatoes. It's "pommes de terre grille". :D

Another question: how come one company in a small village in my province is the world's largest marketer & supplier of French fries?? :ponder: True!!

Back
Top Bottom