Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Ok everyone, sorry I haven't been on in a long time. I have been fighting Social Security and won. I won my case for my disability for e. They say I have to forms of E. Also they say I have conversion disorder (have to research that one..lol) I just wanted to all let you know also that my younger sister just did the most amazing thing for me. Just trying to write about it brings tears to my eyes. She enter Debbie McCombers Second Chance Give away and won. Thats right my loving sister won $10,000.00 so she can help me get a seizure alert dog, so I can have some what of a normal life again. I live in East Tennessee, about 40 miles east of Knoxville, if anyone knows of anyplace I can contact for a seizure alert dog please let me know. All I know is that god does work in mysterous ways. :clap:

That's fantastic! But even more fantastic is your loving sister. :)

What an amazing sister! You are blessed more than once.
Let us see a picture when you get a dog.

Wow! Congratulations on winning with SSA! And what a great sister you have! I'm so happy for you!

Try looking here for a dog trainer: http://www.inch.com/~dogs/service.html

My service dog trained himself (partly). He's a seizure notification dog. When I have complex partials, I often wouldn't know about it. He tells me (howls and yips). Then I know to tell my doctor, and we can tell how well the meds are working. That's the part that he taught himself. The rest he was trained to do: He also reminds me to take my medication on time (he's actually asking for a treat). He also carries my meds in his little vest pocket, because I lose them all the time. He never does.

It depends on what you want the dog to do, whether you can use a family pet or whether a dog raised by a service organization would be better. You can contact the training organizations and ask them.

I would like to thank you all for the response so far. I will definitely go and look at the following links. I will post pics of my dog when I get one. Again thank you all. Hugs :woot::rock:

And I think that we need to see a picture of you and your wonderful sister too! Congratulations! Now we will all have to put our heads together and think of a great name for your dog......

Back
Top Bottom