Homeopathy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

POSITIVEPERSON

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
What Doctors Don’t Tell You said:
... The first truly comprehensive review of homeopathy was done about 16 years ago by a team of experts at Limburg University in Holland. It was a two-year study, funded by the Dutch government, which wanted an independent assessment of homeopathy's effectiveness.

The researchers unearthed a total of 105 clinical trials satisfying the basic criteria of being "controlled", i.e., in which homeopathy was compared to a placebo (a dummy pill). Of these, 81 trials showed a positive result in homeopathy's favour.

Although the researchers criticized the "low quality" of most of the trials, there were "many exceptions". This enabled them to conclude that "homeopathy can be efficacious", and so is probably justified "as a regular treatment for certain conditions" (BMJ, 1991; 302: 316-23).

Eight years later, seven medical researchers from the University of Munich carried out a very similar exercise, concluding that 89 trials of homeopathy (out of 185) were suitable for analysis. They computed that homeopathy gave a "pooled-odds ratio" of 2.45, meaning that the clinical benefits were more than twice as good as a placebo.

They concluded with a modestly expressed double negative: "the results are not compatible with the hypothesis that the clinical effects of homeopathy are completely due to placebo". In other words, homeopathy works (Lancet, 1997; 350: 834-43). ...

In Defense Of 'Disproved' Homeopathy

What Doctors Don't Tell You said:
Overall, they concluded that while "the quality of clinical research in homeopathy is low. . .when only high quality studies have been selected for analysis. . . a surprising number show positive results". Turning to specific conditions, they again criticized the quality of the basic research as "scant, of uneven quality", but still were able to tease out some pretty clear indications of what conditions homeopathy works best for (see box above).

I was not able to find the box referenced in the last sentence. I would have like to see if they had any studies specific to epilepsy.

Edit: Found this - epilepsy articles, but it's not easy finding references to studies in that material.

Thank You Bernard!!!!! I receive weekly, daily e mails on health , alternative medicine and yet to find any info on epilepsy. There is a web site listing the
10 homeopathy meds for epilepsy, but I have never seen any test results .
Thou the women that treated me had epilepsy in her family and they were
all treated with onset of epilepsy and never took meds.

I guess you have to be at the end of your rope or very couragous to start
with homeopathy. I was at the end of my rope. (no more meds left)

Heres to everyones good health and a sz free life.

Riva

There is a web site listing the 10 homeopathy meds for epilepsy, but I have never seen any test results.

Does the site list the same "meds" that you used? It's OK to list/share the site here in the forums - especially if you have some personal experience to share regarding the information. :)

Homeopathic Medicines for Epilepsy

Calcarea carbonica. [Calc]
Bufo rana. [Bufo]
Cuprum Metallicum. [Cupr]
OEnanthe crocata. [Oena]
Kali bromatum. [Kali-b]
Silicea. [Sil]
Nux vomica. [Nux-v]
Cicuta virosa. [Cic]
Sulphur. [Sulph]
Hyoscyamus. [Hyos]
Belladonna. [Bell]
Causticum. [Caust]

This list comes from this web site
http://www.doctorbhatia.com/treatment/epilepsy.asp
which is for adults , their is another web site for children

I use silicia which is a very common homeopathy med for epilepsy.
Riva

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious Riva, if you have done this on your own or with a homeopathic doctor?
Just got out of the ER with my daughter after she had a statis seizure at school, and I am so sick of them trying to cram another med down her throat. She just had a reaction over the weekend to her third med, and before that is even out of her system they want to cram another one in. She is scheduled to have blood work done and I dont' want her to have so many chemicals in her system. Some of these meds/ items/ products sound interesting. I am afraid I would be locked up though.

I went to see someone for 11 months and than she stopped coming to Portland , so I took books out of the library and read up on homeopathy and under active thyroid and epilpesy and changed my homeopathy med .

My advice to you is take her to a homeopathy Dr. They are not so expensive and they are really interesting how they treat you.

I am using the Gard diet to get rid of all my meds and the homeopathy and I do feel wonderful. My system is cleaning out after 41 yrs of meds . My husband says I look different too. I am not dupped up, which is great. I exercise 6 days a week with yoga and I walk 80-120 blocks minimum.

I do think its your choice if you want alternative medicine or MDS.

Riva

Robin: Blessed is also using homeopathy to get off her meds. What happened with the diet????? Did it not help her? Or did she cheat?

Riva

:lol: When does a teen not cheat?
Even her dad is unconvinced and will tell me a little won't hurt her. She had candy on her desk the day of her last seizure, and that one happened to be a status seizure so the school once again called the EMTs. She gets down, and then gives in to the urges. There truly is just so much I can do. Since she is 15 she must take an active role and learn to say NO. Guess I could consider the purchase of a Bubble... :rolleyes:
I have been reading a lot about homeopathy, neurofeedback, yoga, etc.
She is an athlete, ice skates 1-2 hrs every day, so exercise isn't an issue.

Last edited:
I don't have children,but I do know from my own life experience I had to be ready to go with the homeopathy and the diet . I tried them both before and quit. So either she gets desperate or somehow you talk to her and get her so invovled with her care that she will tell her dad or her friends" no thanks" when it comes to foods that are no good for her. I am so happy with how I am feeling that I have no interest in cheating. My attitude is different than it was the first time around with homeopathy and diet .

Wishing you the best of luck in getting your daughter invovled and pro active with her medical care.

Riva

:lol: When does a teen not cheat?
Even her dad is unconvinced and will tell me a little won't hurt her. She had candy on her desk the day of her last seizure, and that one happened to be a status seizure so the school once again called the EMTs. ...

Stacy used to be the same way not too long ago (cheating on her meds, diet/sugars, etc.) whenever she started feeling a bit invincible (ie. a month or two without seizures). Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!! :soap:

She has really started taking ownership of the responsibility for her seizure control lately though. :)

CHEAT???

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Who me??? (looking around to make sure
there's no video monitoring in my house)
I don't cheat!

And no - I am not lying - I just take a
"little break" .... once in a blue moon, I
think I deserve one.

I know my chances are it will put me at
a seizure or classic migraine risk - but I
make sure it's only a very small portion.

BUT HEY --- GIMME A BREAK HERE!

The way I understand it, for some, is that once you are healed internally, your body then can handle a "break" every now and again. But there are some "foods" that the body just was not meant to ingest. Soda for one.. my brain is too tired to run down the list for others, but I think we all know.

No. She has not tried homeopathy.

She did try the GARD diet back in Feb-April, but it didn't work out for her. She is borderline hypoglycemic and very sensitive to sugars in her diet.

She is currently limiting simple carbs and loosely following the Sugar Busters/low glycemic index diet while alternating 300/400mg Dilatin every day. She just recently started neurofeedback sessions twice weekly. You can read all about her history in the diary.

Has anyone here had "good results" using Homeopathy?

What are they? Did you get to the point where you changed your meds, or completed eliminated them? How long did it take for you to see & feel the results? How did you find your
Homeopathy doctor?

I've read various items on Homeopathy. But I'm getting mixed reports on it's results. Some say it works wonders. While others say it's a load of cr**. Tell me what you think, and know about it.

I did great on homepathy I started 2 yrs ago and weaned off lycria and mysoline till I was down to 25 mgs of mysoline. 5 weeks ago I went on the Gard diet and was able to wean off the last 25 mgs of mysoline without problem.

All the homeopathy drs told me I would only be able ot get down to 1/2 the dosage of mysoline. and get off complelty from lycria.Because I came to them to late in my disease,they like when you come int he onset of your disease. But I went toxic on mysoline ,so I had to get off it and theire was nothing to replace it. Plus my husband thought it would be great if I could get off all meds ,so I tried and it worked.

Riva

PS:While taking my homeopathy med for the epilepsy, my allergies disappered, to the
pollen, to cats , my eye sight improved that I had to get weaker glasses.

Now I switched my homeopathy med so I am treating the epilepsy and my underactive thyroid. Which enabled me to stop taking herbs for the underactive thyroid.

Another asset of homeopathy is that its inexpensive compared to regular meds.

You can always go to a homeopathy school to be treated so its super inexpensive

Riva

PS:While taking my homeopathy med for the epilepsy, my allergies disappered, to the
pollen, to cats , my eye sight improved that I had to get weaker glasses.

Now I switched my homeopathy med so I am treating the epilepsy and my underactive thyroid. Which enabled me to stop taking herbs for the underactive thyroid.

Another asset of homeopathy is that its inexpensive compared to regular meds.

You can always go to a homeopathy school to be treated so its super inexpensive

Riva

Riva,

Did yyou start your homeopathy med's while you were taking your prescribed meds?
637166_b~Money-Falling-on-Doctor-Posters.jpg

;)

Back
Top Bottom