Kepprage: How do you de-stress?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Keppra made me super pissed off. To try to get rid of it I'd work out until my legs felt like rubber and my lungs burned. It didn't help.

That's not why the doc took me off, though. I had an allergic reaction. I think I preferred pissed off to the depression that I got with other AED's. If the pissed off turned into uncontrollable or violent rage then I definitely would have had an issue.

So far lamictal seems to be okay as far as moods go, but I'm not completely ramped up on the stuff, either. If it wasn't for the blurry vision, headache, etc., I would kinda feel like my old self again.

It made my skin crawl with depression. It was sickening.I was ok for a while. But then it came to a point where I lost some weight and the medication was to much for me. I still get angry. I am not all the way off of it yet.

Hi, I know just what you mean and fully sympathise with you,my four kids all do as they please and almost seems as if it's my fault i got this problem! I do have moments that make me realise that i forget that they are just kids and try not to think as them as an adult would. It must be well scarey for dad to behave when they can't see what's wrong. you're not alone and it has helped my gang to see (through family chats) that it is this medication that has changed me...sorry to go on but i hope it helps.

Keppra made me severely depressed, but my other meds make me more cranky than I ordinarily am. My best advice is to try not to be reactionary, but maybe when you feel like you might lose it, send them to another room, close your eyes, count to ten or whatever until you feel yourself calm down, and then go to them and deal with whatever the issue is. This is what I do, although I can't say I never explode at them. I feel like a mean mom sometimes. =/ Today is not my greatest.

Thanks jemsister you have made me feel 'unalone'? I attended mindfulness training for six weeks and it helped me no end to cope with depression enhanced with Keppra< I also passed my brain mri scan today and so can look forward to the coming festivities and new year, I have to admit I too 'explode' . my shed is my cooling down area so I think it's good to have a bolt hole to be alone with your own feelings.

I listen to music and I read the Bible. That keeps me calm.

Back
Top Bottom