Lemonade anyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

not driving i get plenty of exercise, i am in better shape than any my age and at 54yo weigh same as in HS.
i am stuborn and hard headed as they come. being epileptic i have learned how much i can do with what ever i have. epilepsy as taught me there are very few things i can not do. i find there are more things i should not do, i do a lot of them any way, than things i can't do.

I'm having trouble coping with epilepsy at the moment, but this thread really made me feel a lot better! I've thought of a few benefits (although if i had a choice i'd rather not have epilepsy and forgo the benefits!)

*Free prescriptions for my meds, plus any other meds/lotions/potions i may need for other things at the doc's
*I get a free bus pass cos i had to surrender my drivers license, and can now go all over England and Scotland (Not sure about wales and NI though!) for free!
*I know that all my school reports saying that i was prone to "daydreaming and not paying attention" wasn't down to me being lazy!
*I found out who my real friends were
*When i had my epilepsy training for work (i work with adults with learning disabilities) i knew a little more than some others in the group.
*When i'm not using my bus pass, i'm getting an awful lot of exercise!

Once in chemistry in high school, we were supposed to do a project that I really didn't want to do. I forgot all of my materials. To get out of going to the river, I pretended to have a seizure. Twitched my face.

Got to go home. Sometimes the ignorance of people can be a good thing. My parents would have been like, "Stop being a brat and do your work!"

James Brown loves my dancing, "I got E(ants) in my pants, and I need to dance, on the
E(good) foot...:banana:"

Last edited:
When camping this summer & it was time to pack up, the side effects of my new med (vimpat) started to show up....(started seeing double & was a little dizzy) so I didn't have to help.

Bad Jokes

found these on-line had to share
Q: What do you call an epileptic holding a glass of milk?
A: A milkshake.
Q: What do you call an epileptic in your bathtub?
A: A jacuzzi.
Q: What do you call an epileptic in your garden?
A: A seizure salad.
Q: What's the ultimate doom for a leper?
A: An epileptic fit.
Q: What's the difference between a corn farmer with epilepsy and a blonde with diarrhea?
A: One shucks between fits.
Q: What do you call a stoned epileptic?
A: Shake 'N Bake
Q: What does an elephant use as a vibrator?
A: An epileptic
Q: What do you throw to an epileptic who is having a fit in the bath?
A: Your laundry.

nice jokes seizingbeauty! lol!

I've thought about benefits too - whenever I have a nocturnal seizure I get the next day off of work! :)

Dropped a couple of those on my co-workers. Had one laughing so hard I asked if she was the one with seizures... that didn't help any :gob:

jokes

good jokes seizing beauty. And good name I wish I had thought that one up, because I seize and I'm beautiful.

good jokes seizing beauty. And good name I wish I had thought that one up, because I seize and I'm beautiful.

I'm not bad looking myself, maybe not beauty but hey. Yours was one of the first screen names I saw when I found this site. It made me laugh!

On the subject of csreen names, I've been coming on this forum for over 2 yrs now, and it was only last night after a conversation about 'backwards speak' with my 11 yr old after she called her brother oopidstay that the meaning of it became apparent....HI eruzies lol....My brain is sooo dulled that it's taken me more than 2 yrs to realise that his/her screen name is 'seizure' spelt backwards!!!! (and this is someone who was a member of mensa at 11 :roflmao: ).

maggiee-lemonade.jpg

Easy! Use the French cafe method -
Squeeze the lemon juice into a small glass pitcher, filtering out the seeds. Have another pitcher of cold water, and a bowl of sugar.
Pour the pure juice into a glass, add water, and sweeten to taste. Very continental!

for those who have myoclonics. some one read the instructions to ants in the pants so now I've got ants in my legs and their getting fisty

Hi Hon

I don't think we have spoken before, but I just read your bit on Myoclonic epilepsy, probably the only type I haven't experienced.

If you don't mind, would you tell me all about it? Thanks mate, hope all ok with you, we're all so close on CWE, I can't thank Bernard enough for getting us guys together on here eh?

Lol

Lainey xxxx

I just came across this thread and I was laughing my butt off.....Thanks everyone for making my not so good day a better one.... :clap:

Hi Lynne - If I can avoid the cliche police you certainly can - Life's too short, my friend!
Col.

Back
Top Bottom