Lemonade anyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

this is really good. I thought I was the only one that had these thoughts.

Chris

Oh my life, you are all genius !!! I've been sat here having such a laugh that my famiy have checked on me twice. What a wonderfull refreshing attitude to E xxxxx Lovin to you all

1. you learn the art of having fun without alcohol, so you actually remember the party. (those of us who actually listen to our meds)
2. You can't play video games, so you enjoy the real world instead of letting life pass you by, with a controller in your hand.
3. You notice, helping others, is a way of helping yourself.
4. You understand, different, and more in depth than most. You've seen it, you've done your time. You can answer questions, hold someones hand, be prepared for the next thing, and go through what evers next without a flinch, because hey... you've already been there...no biggie!

I was having a horrible day until I read this thread, First I truly laughed for the day...:roflmao:

These are all great!
I have moments when I can ignore my kids like a "stone statue"... Heehee, little do they know!

I love these just seeing a lot of the posts in Lemonade Stand make me feel so much better seeing as how I have only had them for almost a year (year in October) and have yet to have an actual diagnosis besides "Yes they are seizures, but your EEG was normal" doesn't give me much to work on lol. I just find funny how I don't rememeber anything during them but my fiance sure has stories to tell me of things I do! LOL

Im lovin the workout ! honestly its amazing to read all the posts from positive epileptics out there. Im planning on being one soon xx

I would love some lemonade after the day ive had :S I have diet coke here, probably not good for you as its got caffene in it!

sad i've reached the end of this thread!
Thank you sooooo much everyone who posted - I've had seizures galore this morning and in a horrible horrible mood, and you've turned it all around.
So grateful.
I've written heaps down so i can refer back to them later!!
=)

If I don't get enough sleep it can cause a fit great for getting out of the 6.30 am shift at work

My seizures are triggered by tiredness - I always find that if I go out with friends and get to bed late I get what I call twitches (not quite big enough for me to call them monoclonic jerks, even though I know they are still classes as them)
Then I tend to get seizures in the mornings - my pills make it hard to sleep too, quite ironic really.

I always find it worrying sharing a bed with a new person for the first time, because I always get a set monoclonic jerks each night or morning. It is a little embarassing - and if it starts in the middle of the night then I always feel like I am keeping them up. Guttes right?

Hi I am new to all this - my daughter has been diagnosed with absence epilepsy but now the pediatrician thinks she has another form of epilepsy (as yet undiagnosed). I like this thread - you call it making lemonade, I call it 'silver linings'. My lemonade/silver ling is that instead of working this summer (as I would normally) I get to hang out with my gorgeous daughter for the next 6 weeks.

my seizures are increasing again and I'm having myoclonic jerks.
You'd think I wasn't having enough type of sz's to begin with.My neuro out of town for 2 weeks.

:twocents:

I like this thread because people are so positive. I definitely have things I could (and do) whine about, but it's nice to hear happy things. Mine is coming up. My doctor has referred me to an EMU and at first I was scared, but now I'm looking at it as a chance to catch up on some things while being medically productive. May I read the books I've been putting off (Perhaps reading in larger increments will help me get the most out of them so I actually remember what I last read.), visit with the people I miss who live in Phoenix, and write the letters I've been wanting to write. I don't see it as a vacation, but a time for me since the study is a step towards improving my life.

Hi Maz.
How old is your daughter? It's great that she has someone to support her. We all need that!

Awesome! Thanks for making me smile! I have told my friends...."I"m still myself, now with a little shake, rattle and roll!"

I'm not sure if this is true for all on anti-seizure
meds, but I know for me I am THE cheapest date in town! :roflmao:

Easter some friends and I went out for dinner.
None of us drink much....but we decided to have
"cocktails" (me/one) with dinner.

I forgot what I got, but I asked for "very light vodka"
(it had basil, some green stuff, lemon---tasty).
About one half way through I was plastered. Well, not really---
but NO WAY was I having a second.
((they didn't either---but they sure could have. I could NOT))
They were cracking up watching me tilt over to the bathroom. LOL

:banana: A fun time was had by all :cheers:

Great thread! :flowers:

Tory/Magoo

I am really happy. My lovely daughter graduated yesterday from UC Santa Cruz.

Get kid through College with a Bachelors degree and no student loans - CHECK

Back
Top Bottom