Neuropace (rns) surgery candidate.. Anyone have have the procedure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi
I have done over a year of testing & found out that I am not a candidate for a temporal lobectomy. Pretty bummed out... Anyways my doctor mentioned neuropace. It will be up for FDA approval in a couple weeks and he thinks I might be a good fit. I was wondering what the surgery is like specifically. How long do they keep you in the hospital and when they do let you out, is there a recovery time at home?

I was also curious if there were any kind of side effects? Headaches, pain? If so did you have to you use pain meds?

Any input on the day to day after the procedure would be appreciated because I want to plan things with work.

Thanks!

Actually I have read most of those ... I just wanted to get more details regarding the actual surgery and recovery period. I know it is not ass severe as a temporal lobectomy but wanted to get an idea of how long I will be in the hospital and out recuperating out of work.

Thanks,

From what I've read, you're in the hospital three to four days, and then have a month or two of weekly visits to the hospitals E clinic, followed by every two week and then every four week visits. It sounds like a much less invasive surgery, they drill a small hole and thread a wire down. I think

Back
Top Bottom