nocturnal seizures, neurofeedback, seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Understanding the Risk Factors
Any condition that predisposed to chronic urinary tract infections with bacteria capable of making ammonia will be a risk factor for struvite stones. An important cause is a bladder cannot empty completely so urine stagnants and bacteria grow. This is called a neurogenic bladder and can occur with diabetes, strokes and paraplegia.

Poor Angel,
I hope today is better for you. Do a search on hyperammonemia and seizures. May be there is a link between your seizures and your bladder problems. Also try more searching on the cranberry too. Maybe one on "cranberry" "struvite stones". I couldn't take the sugar in the juice so ending up mostly taking the extract. It isn't too expensive. The inflammation in your bladder is an irritant that can cause loss of control. The bladder control may improve as you get the infections and inflammation down. Do you like fresh spinach? You can make a very good soup with it easily. Just put your FRESH and well washed spinach in water and bring it just to a boil. Let it cool a bit then enjoy. The broth is a good and healthy substitute for tea and coffee while you are healing. You may want to make broth from parsley and mung bean sprouts while you are on the mend too. Have a nice week!

Wow, this is an amazing place. (Good job Bernard !)

I havent wanted to go on & on (more than I have lol) about my stuff b/c I dont want nayone to think "omg she has everything !" But I have food allergies. With the hyperthyroidism, it makes things fun.
I do find a lot of stuff I can eat - & Im very creative about food (& I really like it so that helps) - but Im used to food allergies. People will ask me if I crave brownies - & I tell them not at all ! I crave brussel sprouts lolol !

Sorry if this is off-topic but wow, this is all interesting what Im reading.

It happens when you put your head down, maybe it has somthing to do with virtigo or bloodpressure,sounds like you should talk to a dream interpreter

Nerofeedback relieves stress, Stress is a seizure trigger! Nerofeedback also regulates your sleep patterns. That is two good reasons to try some Nerofeedback. Ever hear of the Keppra Rage? I think any drug that coins a phase like this must cause stress. If stress is a seizure trigger and Keppra causes Rage and Rage causes stress and stress can trigger a seizure how can it be called a anticonvolsant!? Shouldnt it be called a convolsant?

I agree Mike. The meds that Rebecca took all created stress (in me), and they also caused more seizures. I do not find them to be anti-convulsants in her situation. I think they made her systems terribly unbalanced.

I know that each drug we take causes a new problem so that we need to take another drug to counter the effects of the first drug. Its the main reason that so many drugs for so many problems. You dont even have to go to a doctor anymore, they tell you on t.v what you need and to ask your doctor for a script. Nerofeedback has no side effects that require more meds. Another good reason for trying some. I can even tell you where to go to get treatments.

Look at Heartmath it raises the seizure threshold,anyone got answer to my question on how to control postical confusion after a nocturnal seizure other than controling the seizure. They come like a theif at night and steal your peace. They leave you frightend and confused.

There's not much that helps with that Mike. My partner gets confusion combined with anger after night seizures. The only thing we've found that's been very effective for post-ictal confusion is reflexology on his toes (the brain pressure points). This only works if someone is not combative in their confusion. Luckily my partner may be angry, but he's pretty docile.

You must be very careful with reflexology -- if pressure points are overstimulated it can actually bring on seizures.

I read about this and then accidentally did this to my partner the other morning -- I made him have a few good myclonic jerks, thankfully nothing more than that. I am very careful now and don't try to get every knot out of his toes.

Back
Top Bottom