Read this and tell me if you agree, Thanks.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I agree with Chris, it looks like all epileptics are being painted with the same brush.
To me, other than what Chris has quoted, this list is all BS.
If we live by this list ~ we might as well be dead.

Randy

if i lived by the list then i would have no use for life

It is basically the diet my daughter follows, though she does have eggs. She is far from dead, and her life it really quite a lot better than what it was when she was on meds.

This diet is recovering a lot of autistic kids as well. You never know until you try it.
No one said living a clean healthy lifestyle was easy in today's society.
However, the research is showing that a large % are improving. Don't take the suggestions if you don't want to. I am just overjoyed that someone is suggesting something other than drugs.

I agree with Chris, it looks like all epileptics are being painted with the same brush.
To me, other than what Chris has quoted, this list is all BS.
If we live by this list ~ we might as well be dead.

Randy

I'm not sure I agree with all of the youtube tips.

Some of us have problems with certain foods etc causing seizures, but others don't. I think it is different for everyone.

My only factors seem to be stress, lack of sleep, and excessive alcohol consumption. (only did that once, regretted it the next day...) A few beers every now and then has never caused problems for me.

For me even small amounts of stress can trigger one.

I agree with what Chris said. Stress, lack of sleep do contribute to seizures but there are also other factors as well. Being sick get's my body all out of whack as does headaches. Hormones, for many women here, are a huge factor for causing seiz. in women too. (catamenial epilepsy)

I agree too that people with E are all painted with the same brush. There is nobody here who has the same seizures. If we were all medicated with the drugs that we chose, (not our dr's) to be medicated with would any of us have the same response to the meds? NOPE! Our DR'S go through a library of info about AED's and other non-AED's and the kinds of seizures they help control.

Do I think that a change in diet helps, I'm sure it does but at this time in my life I just can't make those changes to get off my meds.
My mom and dad were very strict about what me and my siblings ate before I had my first seizure at 11, after wards my mom did try natural drugs but none worked for me.

As for youtube, there are so many people out there who 'think' they have all the answers but really aren't informed as to what helps others.

do yoga ~ I do it!
meditate ~ I do it!
lead a slow, retired-person lifestyle ~ impossible for me at this time in my life and for the next 20 yrs or so.
but also, get enough exercise...... be in the best shape you can be, without overdoing it ~ Doing it
move out of the city if you can, and stay out if you can. clean air, clean brain. ~ I am out of the city, I live in a town of 5,100 people (not even one traffic light,) for the last 8 yrs. Hasn't done me a thing. This air is as clean as It's ever going to get.

If we were all medicated with the drugs that we chose, (not our dr's) to be medicated with would any of us have the same response to the meds? NOPE! Our DR'S go through a library of info about AED's and other non-AED's and the kinds of seizures they help control.

I have no wish to explore the use of medical marijuana but the example given was in Canada where medical marijuana is prescribed. One must have a doctors approval to legally be treated with it. That said, there are doctors who do feel it has medicinal value. I also believe that there are things outside of traditional medical treatments that are very effective (yoga, meditation plus the list of alternative treatments http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/index.php?p=alternative-treatments )which doctors fail to recommend that we need to research ourselves.

We are all different in weight,sex,nationality,medications,climates,genes,etc,etc. This youtube video is the opinion of one and i know there are are alot of opinions on youtube some make sense some dont some are real and some are just fake and cruel. But i do what makes me feel good and i sometimes go out of my way to be a healthier person but whatever works for you then more power to you. Much love

I agree with all, I just believe "Epilepsy or
Seizures" should not be displayed on
You Tube because it will only confuse
people altogether. There are real ones
just as much as there are fake ones.

*sigh*

But like I posted below, like my son said
it was similar - he didn't say it was the same
thing... he did tell me what all other things
happens though.

Moreover, my son was listening to what was
being said as I played it again - and he thought
it was a bunch of Bull S**t!

I liked what my son said, "if that were the truth,
then EVERYONE would be doing it..."

and he went on to comment ...

"Why not plaster a Homer Simpson doing
D'oh! at the end of it?"

Gee - my son has more sense than a horse!

:?

Back
Top Bottom