RIP Riva (PositivePerson, FourStar)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Everyday for the last week I have been running to this forum to read my PM from her. I got here today and there wasn't one here..... now I know why . I like Bird Bomb have know her for a while, we would email or PM back and forth at times. She was there through my VNS mess, all my medicine changes. We had just learned the beginning of all our troubles started the same year. The year of Hell she put it, 1992. Lately she has been helping with my hair and looking at getting off some of my medicine. I have maybe 6 emails sitting in my box from her. This is so hard to believe. It has to be just awful for her husband.

Last edited:
I just recieved the email notice of her passing & I'm really shocked & saddened to hear that this has happened.

I'm sorry that I've been away for so long but I've been so busy lately trying to keep up with all of my DR.'s appointments regarding my treatment for depression over the past couple of months.

I'm so very sad to hear about this and so very angry. I hate epilepsy. F seizures and F epilepsy. Sorry, not very positive msg, but it's how I'm feeling.

I am very sorry to hear about Riva's death, and my thoughts are with her husband and her friends. When I think of Riva I think of a kind, strong and passionate person.

Riva's passing

I am so sorry to hear about Riva's passing. I really didn't get to know her. However, the passing of just one dimishes the life of all of us.

Very very sad to hear this

I just joined, but Riva was one of my warm welcomers. My heartfelt condolences to her friends here, and I hope that Claude will find some comfort with time. Very very sad to hear this.

Sorry to hear of Riva's passing away. Condolenses to her husband. I'm fairly new hear & a pretty controlled epileptic in the great scheme of things, so I'm sad to hear that seizures could impact someone in such a traumatic way.

Thoughts are with you.

GodivaGirl
(a person that happens to pick up Godiva chocolate after every time I see my neuro in Toronto...)

I am shocked and saddened. Even as a newbee on this sight I felt her warmth as I checked in. To her husband I will say an extra prayer - as for Riva not having family...where I am from she had a huge hanai ohana! just look on this sight alone! God Bless-Aloha Riva...you will be missed

Positive Person

Good evening,

Thanks for letting us know about Riva's passing. What a shock. She was such a positive person. I've only gotten to know her in the past month or two. She always had a way of making me feel great when I was down or frustrated by this dumb condition.

She will be sorely missed. She, her family and all the people that she touched will be in my prayers.

To everyone that reads this, keep up the fight, smile every morning when you wake up. She would want us to.

Maureen

I was shocked when I read the e-mail just a couple of minutes ago. This has been one of my biggest fears hearing news like this. It made me question if we should now leave our son alone especially when he's sleeping. My heart goes out to her family!!! I know she is now in a better place seizure free. I will always remember her kind words and the knowledge that she shared. She had a big and loving heart.
Marian

Riva will be missed, but she will still be helping us all!

I only spoke to Riva a few times in regards to my VNS troubles. She was always helpful. Riva will be missed greatly. However just remember although she is not with us on earth, she will still be with us in spirit. I'm sure she is looking down smiling at us and she will still be helping us all.

I have been gone from here for awhile, but I do know who she is. I just lost a friend here from a seizure and I completely understand the shock and awe that people are going through. May she REST in peace...seizure free and free to do what she loved.
Kim

I am rarely rendered speechless, but today.........Riva, you will be sorely missed. You were such a sweet person and soooo full of information!!! Claude, I will be thinking of you, too. I will be saying many, many prayers for both of you.

Gentle hugs,

Meetz

I was very sad to read this e-mail this morning. Although I don't post on the forum, I do read it often. I will pray for Riva and her family and close friends. Even though it is so hard for us to understand why this happens, always believe in your heart that Riva is at peace and in a much better place.

Riva's Passing

Though we who are left behind are mouring, let us take solice in knowing that Riva is in a better place.

My thoughts and prayers are with Rivas husband and her friends.

May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind
quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid,
and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power,
and may people think of befriending one another.

No matter the path, may it lead you to peace.

Riva's passing

I usually don't like to appear religious on my posts, so I won't share my favorite bible passage.
However the song, "Turn Turn," sums it up quite well.

Back
Top Bottom