RIP Riva (PositivePerson, FourStar)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jesus has been with me through all my stuff! He has helped me face all the surgerys and all the disapointments! I would be lost without him! I hope thats not to deep for any of you.I pray for the peace of Christ for Riva amen

I just learned of Riva's untimely passing and want to give my condolences to her husband and to the rest of her family. May she always rest in peace.

I am so sorry for your loss. Here is a poem that I put on our tee shirts whenever we do walks for Epilepsy

Teardrops

They say memories are golden,
Well, maybe that is true;
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried;
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still;
In my heart you hold a piece
No one could ever fill.
But now I know you want me
To mourn for you no more,
To remember the happy times
Life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten
I pledge to you today;
A hallowed place within my heart
Is where you'll always stay.
If tears could build a stairway
And heartache make a lane;
I'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same;
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain. Revelation 21:4a

I am new, but I felt very very sad when I read that awful new. Rest in peace.

I just printed up all the threads from the different forums and will be sending then to Claude Monday morning.

At this time I would like to thank everyone for their contributions and for allowing Claude the opportunity to see how many lives Riva touched.

Thanks54.gif

My Deepest Sympothy

Sorry to hear the sad news of the passing of Riva (Positiveperson) after she kindly welcomed me into the group only a short while ago.

Andrew

What a nice poem! It almost brings tears to your eyes! Its important to try to be happy for Riva! She is at peace, no more worring when the next episode will happen. God is Great!

I am so sorry for your loss. Here is a poem that I put on our tee shirts whenever we do walks for Epilepsy

Teardrops

They say memories are golden,
Well, maybe that is true;
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried;
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still;
In my heart you hold a piece
No one could ever fill.
But now I know you want me
To mourn for you no more,
To remember the happy times
Life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten
I pledge to you today;
A hallowed place within my heart
Is where you'll always stay.
If tears could build a stairway
And heartache make a lane;
I'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same;
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain. Revelation 21:4a
What a beautiful, thoughtful, hopeful poem!! It certainly brought tears to my eyes. It brought all of the people I have lost over the years to mind and reassured me that they are not forgotten and are in a better place. At peace with no pain.

I hope it and all the notes that have been posted provides comfort to Riva's family.

It hurts to lose someone to seizures, but when I tell my story of Tina I always say that she finally became seizure free on the day of her death. It helps me to cope with the loss and to know that she is not suffering anymore.

Birdbomb, thank you for putting together the words we wrote about our appreciation of Riva. I am sure it will be comforting to Claude.

I'm not sure but I believe his use of the internet was limited and Riva's contribution to the vast network of epilepsy was also not known to him. At least this way, he will see Riva was special to MANY, MANY lives.

Thank you all again for your condolances.

Riva is missed.

I didnt get to know Riva because Im very new here but,I can tell from all the LOVE at this site that she was a very special person to all! The Peace of Christ be with all who mourn her amen

I to want to send my condolences, its so sad to hear when these things happen. I remember Riva from the EFA site and she was always a very nice and supportive person to so many people. She will be missed.

Brian

I'm so sorry

I didn't know Riva well but her posts to me were always so sweet and encouraging. This is a sad day. A guiding light for all of us just beginning to deal with seizures has been extinguished. My deepest sympathies to all of you.

Heather

Claude called me this evening. He recieved his package of all the wonderful posts everyone had done from all the different sites I had posted about Riva and was blown away!

He had no idea how many people Riva knew and he was amazed by all the responses.

Claude said several people had requested photos of Riva so what he is going to do is create a CD with photos of Riva in places they had been and are special to the both of them. He has give me permission to post these images.*

As soon as the CD arrives I will post those images, so now we will be able to place a face with that wonderful warmhearted Positive Person!

Claude also wanted to say thank you for all the cards. He was not expecting so many from people he did not know. The E community has come together and helped eased this man's grief. I am so porud to know so many fine and caring people. Thank you all for showing Claude how much you cared about Riva.

*any images of Riva and/or Claude posted by anyone other than myself is a vioaltion of of their privacy. They do not have consent and are in violation of the law.

Last edited:
...and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...

6160829303_0.jpg

Claude and all of the rest of us touched by Riva:
It has taken me some time to collect my thoughts. It has long been one of my greatest fears that this will be my own ending...so the news that it was Riva's makes me feel the blow at an unbelievable depth.

Still, it is Riva's life I came to comment on: she offered me support after reading my blog and a blessing that I can never forget: that I would be seizure free. She was a true friend, even out here in Cyberia...

My condolences to Claude, and to all of us who must continue our lives without her compassionate heart and willing support for our smallest victories.
Paula Apodaca

Last edited:
:bday:

Happy Birthday Riva.
May you be enjoying all those sinful delights that you had to walk away from before.
We all miss you!

Happy Birthday Riva!...

Shine some sunshine on Claude today girl.
:rock:

Happy Birthday Riva!!

This birthday is the first celebration with the angels.

Happy Heavenly Birthday Riva!

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Happy Birthday Riva with
the Angels!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom