seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

monjanse

New
Reaction score
have i seizures when i waking up from nights and have uncnown panic attacks and raise up from bed and wandering to another room with no reason? i also often have numbness in my left bodysite during night sleeps in some seconds without any pinched nerves. i also have a dysfunction in my right temporal lobe with abnormal eeg.

:brain:

Have you talked to a neurologist about all of that? It certainly sounds like something is going on that needs to be looked at.

have i seizures when i waking up from nights and have uncnown panic attacks and raise up from bed and wandering to another room with no reason? i also often have numbness in my left bodysite during night sleeps in some seconds without any pinched nerves. i also have a dysfunction in my right temporal lobe with abnormal eeg.

:brain:
monjanse I hope you get the answers you need when you see the neuro....panic attacks and anxiety I well known with seizure suffers but when you wander into another room do you know your doing that or not :?: because in my opinion it sounds like you could be having absent seizures but the link below explains in great deal about the temporal lobe and also dysfunction.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/profess...bral_lobes/overview_of_cerebral_function.html

During seizures I have gone from room to room blacked out and not knowing I'm doing it. I've even done things in the room that I don't know I'm doing - I loaded the dish washer once and didn't know that I'd done it until the next time I opened it and saw everything it in was all in the wrong place.

I don't think that I've had any of the other problems that you are having though.

During seizures I have gone from room to room blacked out and not knowing I'm doing it. I've even done things in the room that I don't know I'm doing - I loaded the dish washer once and didn't know that I'd done it until the next time I opened it and saw everything it in was all in the wrong place.

I don't think that I've had any of the other problems that you are having though.
Hi valeriedl,

You can have forms of autism in seizures...where your mind blanks out but you know what your doing otherwise and it's not until you've come out of them that you actually know what you've done.

Hi valeriedl,

You can have forms of autism in seizures...where your mind blanks out but you know what your doing otherwise and it's not until you've come out of them that you actually know what you've done.

During my seizures I'll usually either sit there and stare into space or I'll do things. It's always been this way.

When I do things they are generally stupid things though. I spent a good bit of time trying to pull my foot through a pillow case with a pillow in it. After a few minutes my husband just gave up on trying to take it off of me and let me keep it until I came out of the seizure. If I've got a pencil and paper in my hand during the seizure I'll scribble all over the paper. I like to play with things in general if I can get my hands on it during a seizure. There have been a good bit of times that I've walked around the house. I don't know that I've done any of these things until he tells me that I did them.

The only time I did something that neither of us knew I did was load the dishwasher.

During my seizures I'll usually either sit there and stare into space or I'll do things. It's always been this way.

When I do things they are generally stupid things though. I spent a good bit of time trying to pull my foot through a pillow case with a pillow in it. After a few minutes my husband just gave up on trying to take it off of me and let me keep it until I came out of the seizure. If I've got a pencil and paper in my hand during the seizure I'll scribble all over the paper. I like to play with things in general if I can get my hands on it during a seizure. There have been a good bit of times that I've walked around the house. I don't know that I've done any of these things until he tells me that I did them.

The only time I did something that neither of us knew I did was load the dishwasher.
By the behavior your explaining your in a seizure but it sounds like autism is still taking place and it's always worth asking about when you see your neuro.

Back
Top Bottom