Started Taking Keppra, Do People WhO Take This Feel The Same Way?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
So on Tuesday or Wednesday day I was walking home from the Social severity office and I had a seizure in the way home one the side of the highway and they let my go at 2:00 am I was in the ER for 11 hrs. Then next day I wanted to thank the people who helped me, so invites them over and I had another seizure and they called the ambulance and I went day to the hospital and the doc and nurses think I m fake ing the seizures so they did the one ore drop test and the test were thu put your finger in between a pen and push really hard and I guess I didn't even move and they also did I stunim rub with also I didn't move. So the my friends kept saying I have psudoseizures and that the meds don't works on me. But they doctore was confused because it looked like I ea was TC seizures. So she told my friends never to use the work psudo and so the ambulance workers rembered me and remembered myfriends saying I have psudo seizures so they help me didn't, witch I don't have psudo seizures. So they noticed that when thy use musel relaxants my seizures wood stop, is this even possible? And ten I stayed there in the ER asleep for 2 day and when I got he they sent me home with Keppra and I feel dizzy and out of it and every time I smoke I feel so much more dizzy. Is this possible with Keppa. I guess when I was drugged up I told my friend did I pass the test to see if I was faking? I don't remember saying that or anything and I hope they wasn't thinking I was faking. Have anyone of you guy done this? And jus a purse of Infomation of your ever in te hospital and you don't know what yu seizures are and your trying to figure them out don't say psudo seizure. For medical workers that word to them mean "fake".

Dizziness and Keppra go hand in hand at the beginning. Sometimes like stay in bed dizzy because the whole world is spinning dizzy.
The most intense dizzy spells are in the first few days and then it dies down slowly over a month. Although I get dizzy spells when the Keppra is trying to fight off a seizure. But that makes sense to me. Watch out for mood swings too.
Don't worry about people thinking that you're faking. You know that you're not faking it. Even people with pseudoseizures aren't faking it and can't help it.
I wonder if the muscle relaxants were valium. They do help lessen seizures.

Sternum rubs really hurt. I have simple partials and can't move afterwards and I remember them poking me in the chest and another dr saying "no, you're doing it wrong. Do it HARDER." Damn it hurts. I hate it when they test your level of consiousness and you can feel everything but can't stop them.
Your warning at the end is justified. The medical world hates pseudo seizures and they also hate being proven wrong. Well, at least ERs hate pseudoseizures. They want to save people's lives and then they feel someone continually coming in for these wastes their time and prevents them from helping people with "real" problems.
They don't hold back how they really feel about their frustration.
Anyways, I hope you're feeling better! It was really nice of you to go back and thank those people...do you have to do it again now too?
Life is crazy, isn't it?

Well that's for understanding me. I don't think it's a good idea to thank them again becuase I invited them over and I didn't even know them and my inlaws and everyone got mad at me. And I don't want to give them an idea that I like them becuase Im married. But in my heart I thank them. And he's life is all sorts of crazy!

You might want to contact the ER/EMTs to correct the impression that you are "faking" your seizures. If someone in either department needs to be educated about seizures, the sooner the better, both for your well-being and for anyone else who's seizing in their vicinity.

And your friends may need to be educated too... :)

What would I tell them, doctors are rude and inconsiderate. You right I should contact them.

I'm dealing with this exact thing now. My dosage was recently upped from 500mg to 1500. Over the past week my headaches have gotten worse, I can't get a good night of sleep and I always feel 'buzzed'. The other night eating dinner I found it difficult to hold the food on the utensil as I pulled it towards my mouth. I've been extremely shaky and have been in bed as much as possible. I can only assume its the Keppra. I'm glad to find this forum and post. Makes me feel a bit better about it. Keep us posted on how things transpire for you.

I will. I take 500mg of Keppra twice a day I don't know if it's going to go up. I feel a little better but I m still all moody but not as bad but I feel more tired now. I don't know if it's the Keppra.
As well please keep me posted on how your doing too.

fuck hospitals

I was put on Keppra and it fucked me up
now I've been on haloperidol and diphenhistamine and have felt much better
I was taken off Keppra a couple weeks after I got on it and felt better
I guess something shouldn't exist if one reads about it prior to experiencing it
like Kepprage, or Niagra Falls - makes sense
oh wait, no it doesn't
I don't know what the fuck happened to my life since I was put on that shit
my seizures were "understandable" to me up to that point and I was just doing what I could to adapt my life to the situation, or put myself in perilous situations to see if fate might want to quit with the pansy game and go all in
I guess it managed to find a way to make myself even more miserable than death by showing me how the universe can turn inside-out
I think I had sleep seizures on it and woke up in unreal pain in my back and migraine
I smoke and smoke pot and had nothing like that happened to me before - not even close - not even recovering-alcoholic-hangover-experienced pain prepared me for that pain
I figured it was a sleep seizure for which my mom figured the best remedy for my need for absolute nothingness of darkness and vacuous silence was to get me dragged into the loudest and brightest most chaotic and clamorous ER the universe had to offer, in the loudest and flashingest vehicle the City could summon

*snap*

and peter was no more
the esrevinu became as one and substance vanished

is that what the fuck they did to me?
I think I just figured something out
thank you for that "sternum rub"

you know - when in the stupor of pain like feeling your head and neck had been run over by a truck in your sleep, one finds oneself in a bind to summon reasoning and sense in oneself

I guess one just need be in such pain to understand

now I guess I just need to find out who, or just find an oncoming truck for myself and give fate that high five

but I'm getting pretty sure I know some things
and I'm pretty sure people have figured out some things about me

it's a good thing I work next to the highway

Ive been on Keppra for 13 years now and havnt had any issues with it. I did have headaches alot, but then switched to the Keppra XR and they went away. As far as the kepprage, I did find that taking vitamin b-12 helped.

Petero - I want to print out your trilogy and staple it to my Dr's forehead so that he can read it over and over for the rest of his life. That was absolutely brilliant and spot on.

My daughter has been on keppra since feb and seziured every month since, last one last night . Back to the gp today ,he cant advice her to stop the keppra . But is fast tracking an appointment in the hospital

...Sternum rubs really hurt. I have simple partials and can't move afterwards and I remember them poking me in the chest and another dr saying "no, you're doing it wrong. Do it HARDER." Damn it hurts. I hate it when they test your level of consiousness and you can feel everything but can't stop them.
Your warning at the end is justified. The medical world hates pseudo seizures and they also hate being proven wrong. Well, at least ERs hate pseudoseizures. They want to save people's lives and then they feel someone continually coming in for these wastes their time and prevents them from helping people with "real" problems...

I'm never speaking to my mom again.
She calls me again and again the day I wake up after what I can only guess was a sleep seizure.
I don't remember anything when I'm unconscious. I've never "faked" any seizure.
Why the eff would anyone want to "fake" a seizure anyway?
does the medical community think there are that many with Munchausens?

I told her I was in pain and needed to sleep and be in calm and quiet, so she calls me incessantly and basically tells me an ambulance is on the way.

What a dumb person.
I don't care >what< I have. What I do know is when I'm in pain and when I'm not. When my mental state feels compromised and when it doesn't. When my mental state is compromised beyond my reasoning is when there is cause for concern. When my pain compromises my reasoning is when there is cause for concern.

The only times these have occurred is when I've woken up with paramedics in my face, and I don't recall what happened.

Why do hospital staff do this sternum rub maneuver anyway? I never wanted to be in the fucking ER to begin with. If they're trying to ease their work load by dismissing those with whom sternum rubs/torture brings rise to some criteria that brings about reason for dismissal of patients

Is sternum rub supposed to be the "10" on the "scale from 1 to 10 rate your pain"? What a stupid scale anyway. Can I please just describe what I'm experiencing instead of trying to be a "Dancing with the Stars" judge all of a sudden?

"Using the color wheel, could you please give your pain a color?"
how arbitrary

how about instead you fuck off and let me leave the fucking ER?

yeah ok, so I'm often a chain smoker. Thank you medical community for telling me that smoking is bad for my health. I've never heard that before. Except every time I pick up my pack of cigarettes and read the warning. Do I need a doctor to hold my hand as I cross the street too?
How about instead, you just make sure I'm not dying immediately and let me leave the fucking ER so I can have a cigarette.
I don't know about you, but in the short term, after hours without a cigarette, a smoke sure helps to calm my nerves. Beeps, buzzes, alarms, noises, clamor, chaos - doesn't help when someone is sick.

I recall someone saying "we've all done this" just prior to what I guess was a sternum rub.
I'm sure we've all stubbed our toe before - so, does that justify my breaking into someone's house and crushing their toe in a pliers while they're asleep with a migraine?
According to the medical community I guess that's a "yes".

I'm never going to the ER postictal again. I'm never trusting my mom again.

I don't care what causes my seizures anymore. I know what helps me and what hurts me.

I am not in a good mood.

Since reading about sternum rubs it has been an awakening.
You know docs, there's a difference between having "awareness" and "clarity" when acknowledging procedures going on with you.

What an evil vile world when people in obvious need of help are dismissed as frauds. Fuck hospitals. Fuck ambulances, doctors, paramedics... fuck the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been on Keppra for 13 years now and havnt had any issues with it. I did have headaches alot, but then switched to the Keppra XR and they went away. As far as the kepprage, I did find that taking vitamin b-12 helped.

God bless that Keppra works for many people including you. I still can't figure out why being misdiagnosed and malprescribed winds up my fault, being that I didn't give a crap about being "diagnosed" to begin with, especially when it happened while I was unconscious in the hospital.

Petero - I want to print out your trilogy and staple it to my Dr's forehead so that he can read it over and over for the rest of his life. That was absolutely brilliant and spot on.

unfortunately thanks to my distrust of the entire world now due to my horrendous ER experience I have to take your comment with a side of suspicion - but I'll forego it for now and thank you anyway iboost

throughout my life my experiences with doctors has been involving two persons aware: the doc and myself

I can't fathom the reasoning that allows invasive (psychological or physical) procedures to take place unless a person is in life-threatening danger.

When I was diagnosed with epilepsy I went into the situation with the mentality that at the very least I can be helping the medical community to understand better this disease. I was willing to forego part of my own, well, autonomy I guess, to travel this new path along with a medical community I thought would be helping me in light of my lack of autonomy. At exactly what point this "partnership" brought cause for them to hate me I have no fucking idea. I had the spirit of the medical community all wrong - and I guess Hippocrates did too.

Back
Top Bottom