Strange Dreams - post yours!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Or are you having a really hard time getting the attention of someone in your life? Are you feeling ignored and almost to the point of trying anything to be seen?

Or are you having a really hard time getting the attention of someone in your life? Are you feeling ignored and almost to the point of trying anything to be seen?

That could be a possibility I hadn't considered. So maybe it is both: some repressed anger - more like being "miffed" - about struggling to get the attention friends (which is hard to do when you have frequently had to cancel attending gatherings due to not feeling well or a seizure).

I have a lot of repressed gas...from the beans I ate lol

Last night I dreamt that I had long hair that reached the end of my back. It's funny how in a dream things make perfect sense even though they wouldn't in real life. In my dream I assumed that the reason my hair grew that long overnight was because I used really good shampoo and conditioner.

Maybe it's a sign that I miss my long hair. It's finally long enough to put in a small pony tail, but it's not as long as it once was.

I like to think that our dreams (or at least my dreams) are produced by the mischievous, drunken librarians on the "nightshift". They run around idiosyncratically misfiling the memories/words/impressions that have seeped in both consciously and unconsciously during the waking hours. The resulting dream-narrative is my retrospective attempt to make order out of the juxtapositions, puns, and mash-ups that the dream librarians have left behind in their wake: "What is this children's book doing filed next to a jar of peanut butter? Where did the parrot come from? Who let my ex-boyfriend in here?" etc.
Hah! I love it!
Sometimes I think of it as my brain trying to entertain itself at night like a drunken insomniac with an unlimited supply of DVDs, some from home videos, some fiction, which then are being projected on dozens of different screens at once with some screens overlapping.

Have you seen the latest Pixar movie, "Inside Out"? I love the way it portrays the inner workings of the mind. There's a whole cast and crew that's tasked with putting on productions for the sleeping dreamer.

I was saying someone's name like I was a skipping cd...then I woke up...could of been having a seizure though lol

Sometimes i dream about having a seizure and then have to check my tongue when I wake up to see if it was real or not.

I bit your tongue in my sleep...hate it when that happens (cheeks and lips too)

Some times my dreams seem so real when I wake up, I have to pinch myself and ask myself, "Did that really happen, or was I dreaming?" Weird. Some of my nocturnal seizures are that way, too. Even when I don't bite my tongue. Why oh why?

I am dreaming that this is here and that is there...wherever my dreams are... I am always aware

My dreams have really been weird lately and I've been having seizures like crazy or just getting lost and I can't find someone.

I have dreams where I am "warned" about various people in my life where something isn't right.

I remember I had prescription incuded dreams many years ago. The dreams were more real than reality, which was a common side of effect of that drug. It is known for causing vivid dreams. I still have not forgotten them--bizarre.

I also have dreams where I am having a seizure. I always awaken either having a seizure, or about to have a seizure. This has happened dozens of times.

I have dreams where I am in the back seat of my vehicle trying to drive, and not being able to see, steer, or hit the brakes. (Lack of control over life dream).

Last edited:
I have dreams where I am in the back seat of my vehicle trying to drive, and not being able to see, steer, or hit the brakes. (Lack of control over life dream).
I've had those dreams, though for me I think that they are more about the brain trying to make sense of the mixed signals it receives as it emerges out of deep sleep. The dream reflects the fact that my brain is "semi-awake" and ready to go, but my body is lagging behind (muscles still asleep, eyes still closed).

The dream reflects the fact that my brain is "semi-awake" and ready to go, but my body is lagging behind (muscles still asleep, eyes still closed).

This makes a lot of sense. I get these sorts of dreams close to waking up time, and if I do happen to get up during this "body lagging behind" time (eg. I went to bed a little too late) I am very uncoordinated and off-balance.

I have had dreams where King Kong was chasing me as I was trying to rescue the damsel in distress.

Well I just woke up (obviously)...

I dreamt about nuclear war and the reality of no escaping it...the intense dread and feeling of hopelessness of knowing that there is nowhere you can run and hide or nothing you can do to save your loved ones...that it is only a matter a time before your skin and flesh are blown off your body like ashes in the wind and your bones turned to dust...

That is what I dreamt...but that was mild in horror compared to some of my other nightmares/terrors...I've had ones that have left scars on my mind due to the graphic visuals and deafening screams...ones where your perception of reality/rational thought process is distorted by mind numbing paralysis as you descend into a maelstrom of soul morphing hell...

The greatest nightmare/terror of all however is becoming what you fear most...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom