Strange Dreams - post yours!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You seriously dreamed this?! Wow! Maybe you should become a novelist or movie writer :)

:agree:

What she said! There are soooo many people who will pay for a novel about people walking through things like what was in your dream, MrE!

Your inner author (sci fi or horror type novels) is speaking to you! Start writing! :)

I don't want to write novels or whatever...I am a musician and music is what I do/enjoy...whether it be making original electronic music/heavy metal I do it because I love it...not because I want money/fame...sorry but that's just not me...it is my personal passion and others are welcome to share in that passion...or not...it's completely up to them...I choose to share myself freely with others and expect nothing in return...

Last edited:
Well, I've been told, huh?

Perhaps writing music for a scary movie then (or I will just keep my opinions to myself and never trounce on your creativity again)

It is not my place to tell you what to do or not to do (vice versa)...

We all have ability and right to express ourselves openly and honestly...with that being said I appreciate the suggestions/advice but there are boundaries we all must respect...in this case...a person's desire to express themselves in the manner they see fit :)

Hold on people - I started this thread as a means of lightening things up a little on the forums as some threads have been getting pretty intense. Let's keep this light and fun, and focused on dreams we've had that we'd like to share.

I dunno why but I've been having lots of nightmares lately...

Anyway had a good/productive day today with my wife :)

I've had such violent dreams lately it's scary... I dream of death, murder mysteries, killing people, mass murder and other gory scenes. I don't know why but it's so real feeling and I feel like I'm thinking is this really happening when I'm dreaming.

What doesn't make sense is that life hasn't been better

Where do I start?!

I'm on Lamotrigine and Clobazam. I think the Lamotrigine is giving me strange and vivid dreams.

The latest one that I remember is Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (a character from the NCIS TV show) giving a cake in a box to an "informant". It's happening on some sort of tiny island (or some land mainly surrounded by a lake). DiNozzo is aware that they're being watched so he tells the informant to "play along". I HAVE NO IDEA WHY TONY IS GIVING A CAKE! Like I said, this is weird. I think being a big fan of NCIS has something to do with it. Yep.

...Is this thread available for non CWE members to access?

I'm glad I stubbled across this thread. I recently started to write down my dreams. Here's one that I had not to long ago.

It was night and I was living in a condo unknown to me. I stepped out onto it's balcony to look at the street below. The surround architecture had a creol feel, like that of New Orleans. The street was moderately wet and had a dull shine under the street lights. Suddenly a hearse skidded across the asphalt. As it slides the rear door pops open and out bounces a coffin on a gurney type table. As it rolls toward my condo, out jumps a skeleton. The skeleton awkwardly stammered forward. All of it's bones jiggled like it was doing a sort of dance. It then spills across the street as it fell apart. I noticed to my left, along the side of the building, under a dark shadow, is the driver, lurking. Short, fat, long black coat with a top hat. I think to myself, "he's going for the doors." I realize I hadn't locked the door downstairs. I sprinted downwards. As I go to flip the lock, I saw his shadow through a small window. He was walking away. He had passed my door. He hadn't check the lock. I quickly look around the dark room to see if I was wrong. That maybe some crook was waiting in a corner, to steal the right opportunity and make his advance... but there was no one to make an attack. I returned my attention to the door. I could see the sky was warming with the morning's light. The birth of a new day. People started to come out of their condos headed to work or school. The street was slowly waking up. I looked to my right and could see the undertaker sneaking away. His night had ended. Everyone was safe. I was safe.

I usually don't dream of skeletons and the like but I had just watched the army of the dead episode in Game of Thrones so I'm sure that was the main contributor.*Dreams are alwaysiIntresting

Hey P-Funk! long-time no see! Hope you are well.

What a creepy dream -- no more GOT for you...

Hi Nak!! It has been a long time l. I'm great, I hope it's the same for you!

I'm swell, except for this recent nightmare: I dreamed that the Red Sox couldn't win a single game on a recent road trip and that they're so bad that they are no longer in contention. What? It's not a dream you say? Aiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

I had a dream the other night that I won $400,000 in the lottery. I can't tell you how :soap: I was when I woke up and found out it was only a dream!!!!

I've had a cluster of dreams lately about my father who died recently.
In real life, my mom died way early and my dad and I nursed her through the end. In the dream it was the other way around. My mom was still alive but refusing to accept that my dad had passed on. She was keeping all his things just the way he kept them as if she was expecting him to walk in any minute.
I think the counseling I was doing toward my mom in the dream was really about me.
Maybe I never really grieved his death
Maybe I did but it is time to move on
Maybe both

The dream was so incredibly detailed and *real* feeling.

Thanks, George.

I think when I sold everything and moved here I may have been finding a way to avoid dealing with it.

I do miss him.

I think the counseling I was doing toward my mom in the dream was really about me.
I read once that every person in a dream -- at least the dreams with significant emotional content -- represents some aspect of the dreamer.

Back
Top Bottom