Strange Dreams - post yours!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

That's interesting about rolling to the other side! I wonder why that worked.

I have wondered, too. These techniques still work for me! I used to picture rolling to my other side as triggering this other half of my brain to program a dream, thereby suppressing dreams from the first side by lying on that part of my head LOL!

I had a dream last night that I'm as old as I am now, and had graduated, going to the prom with a guy that I went with but he was still in his teens and still in high school. My parents and his parents were going too. All of us women went out and bought prom dresses together!

Funny . . . I had a dream like that fairly recently. I was the adult I am now and was thrilled to be asked out on a date by a guy I had a crush on in high school although in high school we had never gone out. And when he asked me out in my dream, he was the teenager I remember. I suspect this sort of thing happens because in our sleep state we cannot picture what these people would look like as adults.

Did you at least get to the prom, valerie? My dream ended before the date started lol.

Yes I did get to go to the prom and had a great time!

Had a dream last night that a guy that both of us joking flurt back and forth with each other showed up at my door. He told me he left his wife for me because he knew I loved him and she didn't. I told him he shouldn't have done that because it wasn't true but he didn't believe me. I kept hiding from him because he kept trying to kiss me.

During the whole dream I was trying to wrap up a package and give it to the UPS driver who was at the neighbors house before he left.

I don't know if I ever got kissed or managed to get the package shiped because the alarm woke up me up.

Yes I did get to go to the prom and had a great time!

Had a dream last night that a guy that both of us joking flurt back and forth with each other showed up at my door. He told me he left his wife for me because he knew I loved him and she didn't. I told him he shouldn't have done that because it wasn't true but he didn't believe me. I kept hiding from him because he kept trying to kiss me.

During the whole dream I was trying to wrap up a package and give it to the UPS driver who was at the neighbors house before he left.

I don't know if I ever got kissed or managed to get the package shiped because the alarm woke up me up.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
You must have woken up laughing after that one!

I don't know if you want to say 'laughing' was quite the right word. I was just glad it was all a dream and I wasn't going to have to spend all day hiding from the guy! :roflmao:

i don't know if you want to say 'laughing' was quite the right word. I was just glad it was all a dream and i wasn't going to have to spend all day hiding from the guy! :roflmao:

lol!!

Last edited:
I had a strange dream/occurrence:
In "real-life" last night I fell asleep in front of the tv between about 7:30 and 8 pm, which I almost never do. Had one of my cups of tea and that brought me to life after a while. My Mum phoned as she usually does around 9:30 pm to ask how my day was, to say my brother and his wife were home from their long weekend away, and to say good night. I went to bed an hour or so later.

My Mum phoned this morning to ask me about something, and I asked her how my brother's cold was. She was silent for a few seconds then said "what cold?" I said "You told me last night that he caught a case of the sniffles while away on his trip." Says Mum: "Um, no I didn't!"
I guess I dreamed that either during my early evening nap or when in bed at night! Still seems so real even though the conversation never took place!

I'll do the same thing with thinking someone said something to me that they didn't. I've gotten in trouble so many times for thinking my dad told me to do something, when in reality he wanted something else done.

Back
Top Bottom