Why it's best to have Epilepsy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I can never remember the patron saint of epileptics.
It is Saint Valentine. He is also the patron saint of the bubonic plauge.

Who wants chocolate?

Here is a list of patron saints of Epilepsy:

Alban of Mainz
Anthony the Abbott
Apollinaris
Balthasar (the magi?... his name is usually spelled with a "z")
Bibiana
Catald
Christopher (you can get a St. Christopher's just about anywhere)
Cornelius
Dymphna
Genesius
Gerard of Lunel
Giles
Guy of Anderlecht
John Chrysostom (about as Orthodox as you can get!)
John the Baptist
Valentine
Vitus
Willibrord

Since I can't post links, let's just say that I got it from:
saints(dot)sqpn(dot)com/pst00259.htm

Last edited:
As for "Why it's best..."

Epilepsy kept me out of Viet Nam (my draft number was 4.)
Epilepsy allowed me to get my college education for free!

I was the only person in junior high school to earn the nickname Shake & Bake, and it was rather easy for me to prepare for all of my presentations and magazine articles in college because I chose for them to be all about neurological stuff. And I've only been on the epilepsy association's board of directors for a year but it is pretty cool to have members & fundraiser attendees to want to talk to me about my seizures and be able to answer their questions and give them advice.

because people with epilepsy are awesome.

(i'z said it once and i'lz say it again)

As for "Why it's best..."

Epilepsy kept me out of Viet Nam (my draft number was 4.)
Epilepsy allowed me to get my college education for free!

Free college? I wish I could find something like this for epileptics.

because it reminds me that life is short and often taken for granted. That I have to take time to enjoy the good moments and never lose site of my dreams.

Oh thanks guys this really cheered me up feeling pretty down lately. My seizures have came back with a vengeance I had a break for like 3 months...still no diagnosis.

Hey if I randomly get horny I can blame it on the seizures lol!

having epilepsy would probably give me a path to start on. a map to plan my way. Not knowing if I have a seizure disorder has unfortunately left me alone and isolated. put off to the side, avoided like i have a plague, forgoten as if i was never alive, misunderstood as if i am crazy, again, alone and put off to the side.

Alone!
Isolated!
Avoided!
alienated!
misunderstood!
forgoten!

probably why I spend so much time in the creative writing forum.....................hmmm?

Last edited:
I have a hot neuro...think Cary Grant (in his late 40s minus the charming accent). I never mind seeing him, but with my short term memory problem, I keep forgetting how hot he is until I see him!:woot:

I love this about my neurologist, he looks like Don Draper :)

it not greast thing in my life could well live without it i think the memory and headaches worse can not make definate commintments with people.....a hot dr would help but he looks like baboons arse

Back
Top Bottom