Your memory is bad when....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The other day my wife talked to me about something that happened at church on father's day. I wasn't at church that day and I couldn't remember where I was that day. I'm trying to remember, kind of ironic, how long it took me to figure out that I spent the day with my youngest son at a car show. I just stood in the kitchen drawing a blank on father's day activities. Another one I didn't tell my wife about. I told her about not being able to find my car fter a neurologist about that I went to see him about my memory. I did find but the response from my wife was interesting. Then I couldn't find my car in the park adequate the day of my neurological assessment. Less walking required in a parade, not a real big parade, then walking the streets.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

My memory is so bad that while talking with a friend on the phone, I walked all over the house looking for my phone.

Last edited:
I did IQ test on internet today the result get someone unplug the machine ,it came down to memory.Someone asked my age I genuinely did not know and I leave it that way
I think it the nature of the beast

I think what I might do is journal these issues in my medic alert app. Sunday my wife and I some how started talking about what happen last Saturday night while playing cards sure day night. Had a puzzled look and couldn't for the world of me remember. I was at a friend's house for probably six or more hours at a church small group event with my youngest son. You'd think you could remember a six to eight hours outing.

How frustrating, my memory is shit. It used to be better than my husband's.

could not for the life of me figure out what the hell my password was....I changed my user name a few months ago...

Last edited:
My memory shit aswell.i did try doing journal but kept forgetting it and no remember where I put it.
Someone told me get into deviant art so I am giving it a go,I can see how it could help but not helped my memory yet but it is fun

Yesterday I was typing an email at work and in the email I had to type Hong Kong and I forgot how to spell "Kong". I had to look in a table that had names and countries listed so I could spell "Kong".

I wanted to look something up on my tablet so I asked my son to get it then I realized I was already using it.

I saw documentary about memory and dementia and it was recommended learning Chinese as it tonal language rather than volcabary and from what I saw it was having good results.I don't think I could do my desire to learn Chinese is zero

Lately, my memory has gotten to the point that I can forget what I was thinking halfway through thinking it. It's almost certain if I think about something else and then go back to my original thought that I will forget the tangent immediately.

I saw documentary about memory and dementia and it was recommended learning Chinese as it tonal language rather than volcabary and from what I saw it was having good results.I don't think I could do my desire to learn Chinese is zero

I'm currently studying German and it's slow going but I'm getting there. Having a native speaker partner with benefits helps too.:yippee:

When I open three cans of la Croix in a 30 minute period each completely full because I forgot about the previous one.

Going to the grocery store and forgetting where I am. Done that a few times.

Forgetting what I'm writing mid-sentence.

Forgetting what I'm saying mid-sentence.

I just crack jokes about my "rotten brain."

All of the above but I flown upstairs to loo desperate and forgotten why because feeling worn off

I'll click on the browser to type in a website and then I'll forget what website I wanted to go to.

And pass words even my own email address.forget where put keys so get keys cut every few months.my Meds forget have I taken them twice or not at all.
The memory thing is so depressing it cuts into every bit of my life you get depressed and frustred with it and that makes it worse

That happens with my meds sometimes. I try to use a med minder, then I forget where I put it. I am constantly misplacing my meds and have to tear my house apart looking for them.

I know the tearing house apart crying with frustration bit only to well

Looking all over for my glasses then realize their on the top of my head.

These responses make me feel sane! I hide from all but a few people I know. Didn't realize this is happening to others. So glad I found this place.

Your memory is bad when you have to tell the music, art and gym teachers you don't know what you are supposed to do. My job was to help the students with special needs to do what the rest of the class is doing. Never knew what we were supposed to be doing.
No longer working there since September. Can anyone guess one reason I am not working there from the answer I just gave.

Back
Top Bottom