Your memory is bad when....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You need to keep maps of everywhere you go. Your home, stores, mall, city, etc.

With each map has a list of everything you need, and where to find it.

IE:

Map: *House* Bedroom: Clothes, watches, etc Kitchen: Food, beer, medicine, etc..

You can use it as an excuse to why you forgot your husband's birthday and he'll believe you!

Last edited:
Ugh. For me its info. Names, dates, times.

It seems to be taking a lot longer to get back to 'normal ' now.

Numbers are hard for me. I easily mix them up. Today I drew up one year lease with the date set to terminate 1/31/15. That wouldn't have been even one month. Thankfully I caught it in time but one of these days I won't.

I'm always afraid I will send a maintenance tech into the wrong apartment. He is a new guy so he doesn't know the residents like my old maintenance tech. The other day I showed a vacant apartment but before that I almost took her into an occupied apartment.

Interesting. For me numbers come easily and I can still do a sudoku puzzle in nothing flat. But names are hard. I have to get introduced to someones several times before it sticks.
Back when I was teaching I could memorize a whole classroom full of students' names easily.

Names are easy nd long term memory for stupid facts are really good but short term memory not so good. I also have almost no ability to read anything long such as a book.

This morning I was fixing a cup of instant coffee and was going to add my milk to it. I poured the milk in the container of instant coffee. So much for that $11.00 jar of coffee.

One time, I went to school (college) and didn't realize until I was on my way to class that I had forgotten my backpack at home

When you go shopping and remember to take your list but still forget to by half the stuff on it!

I made a sandwich this afternoon and couldn't figure out why it didn't taste right. When I got to the very last bite that's when I realized I'd forgotten to put mayo on it - lol

Last edited:
these are great. I usually forget how to spell after a bunch of seizures that is fun. it is a challenge to look up the word if you can't spell it. it is funny when it is easy words like
easy.
knew I was having a lot of seizures when the pharmacist asked me my name and I forgot it. my name is Veronique not an easy name to forget. esp by me!
love looking at these posts thanks guys.

I started taking pictures of people on my smart phone. I will meet them again and not remember them. easier if I take pictures and put info

good thing with memory loss you can forget fights you had with people at work or they don't matter any more!

Interesting. For me numbers come easily and I can still do a sudoku puzzle in nothing flat. But names are hard. I have to get introduced to someones several times before it sticks.
Back when I was teaching I could memorize a whole classroom full of students' names easily.
it is funny what things I can remember and other things my friend will talk about and I will have a blank look on my face. the computer files of my memory have been deleted!

good question is what things are normal memory loss from age and from seizures

I started taking pictures of people on my smart phone. I will meet them again and not remember them. easier if I take pictures and put info

I had a seizure recently and when I started coming out of it my husband started asking me the 'seizure questions' like - what's my name, where am I and so on.

I don't remember doing this so I must have still been having the seizure but when my husband asked me what his name was I couldn't think of it so I guess I started looking on my cell phone to see if I could find a picture of him with his name on it!

When I go into the kitchen to get meds for me and Alex ,And I forget why I WENT in there in the first place.

Forget what you ate for dinner, and you just ate it about a half-hour ago.

You go shopping with a list, and forget to look at it while you are shopping.

You constantly set reminder alarms for your alarms.

I forget names and now I am forgetting faces.

A few years ago, our ? flooded and I did not remember it. My husband was schocked when he mentioned it and I did not remember it.

Glad to be back everyone.

OK, I gotta reply to this one as I identify so much with what y'all are saying. I can Never remember where I set my cell phone down. I miss calls all the time because of that.

I get in the shower and start with my face, then arms, and get down a little bit then I can never remember, did I do the underarms...so I do them again...and I think I do that over and over till I finally finish and get out. It's always my underarms that stump me.

Last week I was mopping whole floor in house...could not remember where I'd been last. House is big enough that it would dry, then I'd go back to bucket and couldn't remember where I was or what hallway I'd done.

And the elusive word..always a noun...never a verb... oh, and forget remembering a person's name, ain't gonna happen. Isn't life grand!

I know nothing any more.;lol I have got to help my son graduate from high school next year.My mom is try to help me . Make it a true bucket list! write a list and as you go wipe off. Maybe it will work. I just have my family come over and help. love teresa

Hi, I helped my children graduate from High School. They all graduated and they all had health challenges.

What I did was when they got home from school, I spent 4 hours at home teaching them. It worked.

i actually just dont bother asking peoples names anymore, I know it is rude, but I also know I am not going to remember it unless I form an emotional bond with them of some sort.

It's bad when I lost $97.00. Maybe even worse when my husband found it in a Styrofoam cooler in the dining room and I have no idea how it happened.

There is so much here that I have done and its good to see and realise I am not on my own. No idea how many times I thought I was going crazy.

Back
Top Bottom