• English/Language

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Social Studies/History

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 35 15.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I would say math. But later in school it became reading. I was on Depakote and it became very difficult to concentrate on a book, I was so embarrassed.

Stilldancing, that's no shame b/c of the side effects of an Rx which decreases your attention span. I have difficulty too, but I have to push myself to read or study something, maybe do it 12x before it finally sinks in. I haven't read a good book in ages, but there are some which I can read for a very short time, and come back to later and read a bit more. Just like the turtle in the race, I'll get to the end of the book! :D

I loved math, it was either right or not. I enjoyed English and had some amazing teachers! I sucked at Gym, I have the grace of a landed albatross, and Home Economics I can't cook or sew to save my life.

My worst subject in school this year is Chemistry and Algebra 2. I HATE them haha. My favorite is spanish. :)

Mine was "women" :roflmao: J/K!! Actually, I had more women confide in me that I can shake a stick at!

Excelled at English. Math was a prob.

Understood the mathematical ideas well enough, but come test time I was always misplacing a digit. Detail work is my bane. Managed auto exports for awhile and keeping my countries' numbers straight was simply beyond me.

In my 20s I learned Japanese (in Japan) and did very well.

Languages yes. Digits, no. :pop:

BTW the reason to be interested in school is because knowledge is power.
  • Study history to know what's been done, what's already been tried.
  • Study math, science, and engineering to know how things are done and master the doing yourself.
  • Study literature and the arts to know why to do what you will do yourself in your brief and precious lifetime.
:twocents:

It is all relative for me. i was kicked out of art my first day, and flunked p.e., but I played 4 varsity sports. But I almost didnt gradguate because i never had a p.e. or art class. but I won ever every art comp I entered into at that school. So they let me graduate with some creative paper work.

Obviously, you had some rather biased art teachers! P.E. is one thing, but there many famous artists who suffered from E.

Hi COurt,

You played varsity sports and did great, but you did not pass p.e. P.E. was my easiest subject, got me outside.

My hardest subject was math. Up until the 8th grade I got B's in Math. After that, it was all downhill.

So do I!! Maybe that is why I did not do well in math.

Mine was English and Math. My wife's was History. I can tell cause she cringes when I watch the History channel. :einstein:

Definitely Math, but mostly because I had a brutally bad and disinterested teacher in high school, so I lost all interest in it. Oh yeah -- gym too.

Math...

Okay, pretty much every subject, depending on whether I was having a "spell", before being diagnosed again with seizures. I was an excellent speller, and had good command of the english language. Was a good athlete. Although dating was my overall best subject!:bigsmile:

Easily distracted and bored would totally describe my school years.

LOL...gotta love History channel. Had a friend in college who had it on almost 24/7. We kept telling him that no matter how many times he watched, Hitler was going to lose...

mine was always gym and sometimes computer related classes. those bright lights make me zone out. and history is bad if i have a boring teacher, which thankfully i don't this year

weird

That's really strange that the most common worst subject is math. I actually do pretty well in all of my subjects, I was pushed ahead one year in math actually. English I'm off the charts. When they tested me as a child, I was actually off the charts. History I find boring but I still did pretty well. Are a lot of people bad at math? My sister is awesome at math. There are a lot of scientists in my family. Art is my favorite subject. At the high school I went to they had international baccalaureate, and I was in IB english and art.

Are people just bad at math, or is it some side effect of the medication that makes people bad at math? That would be weird if they made people bad at math, but I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't try doing math problems drunk, and that's the closest comparison to the meds that I would make. Dizzyness, nausea, all drunken and medicated feelings. You need to have a fairly clear mind to do math, it requires so much logic and memorization. But some people I swear it's just magical.

My sister always makes fun of me for being bad at math. It's annoying.

I did so well in English. But like you potter, I did not get it. I did well in music because it was repetitive, PE, I forgot about that, I sucked at that.lol. And math. It was simple math I got , then I got to Algebra to bad so sad. I just did not get it. Thank the Lord we did not have computers back then. Just George Jetson, and his boy Elroy.lol

With my math skills I thought I could be a fry cook if Daddy would get me the job!

Seriously math or puzzles are really hard for me but I am good at crosswords? I don't know why I can do math but at the rate of an elderly snail? Sadoku is some geometric type of yummy Oriental food though right?:pfft:

Back
Top Bottom