Your memory is bad when....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Don't see that happening.. one of the reasons why they give you two. You happen to misplace the first, you have the second.

Something you can consider is having the magnet around your wrist if there is that large of a concern. That is one of the reasons why they had given the wrap so it can be placed around your wrist. By the way, a cow magnet (sold anywhere over the counter) also will work should ever you need two replacements as they are sold in a set of three and they are small. :twocents:

I have a ton of magnets, I think 10 total. Both my parents have one, my husband has one he keeps by him in the house, there's one in the car, my dad has one at his store where I visit him every day and I think there's 4 on the fridge. I just hate it when I can't find that one that I keep on me, but I always have more that I can replace it with. If you ask your dr or write to the company they will give you them for free.

I can't stand wearing the one with the Velcro on it because metal stuff gets stuck to it all the time.

I have a ton of magnets, I think 10 total. Both my parents have one, my husband has one he keeps by him in the house, there's one in the car, my dad has one at his store where I visit him every day and I think there's 4 on the fridge. I just hate it when I can't find that one that I keep on me, but I always have more that I can replace it with. If you ask your dr or write to the company they will give you them for free.

I can't stand wearing the one with the Velcro on it because metal stuff gets stuck to it all the time.

I don't need to have more than the two which I have now.... settings are on default because of my case; I rarely need the VNS magnet so it's not a large issue. I had the DBS done in 2011 and the low settings manage 90% seizure flow. Every once in awhile there are times when the VNS magnet will be used but otherwise it is the DBS that controls matters.

I love it when I am enjoying a show on TV and it goes to commercial and as we all do you will channel surf and keep checking to see if your show is back on..but of course with my memory I have forgotten what channel I started on. It's like that whole riddle; "you are the school bus driver, on the 1st stop....I too do the name forgetting thing, but the thing that bugs me the mos is when you start calling everyday items by other names and to try and get to the right name your brain trips out and causes you to go into "Yoda speak" as I call it. Godforbid I would ever get pulled over and be asked where I came from and going, I'd talk myself into a feild sobriety test and with a right knee ACL tear I'd fail the balance/walk portion. The only save would be the breathylizer. I mean sometimes it can be fun to not remember shit, when it comes to trying to explain and sound rational that's another story.

I frequently put tee shirts on backwards or inside out. I find I am making more and more mistakes.

you are at a public speaking event and someone hands you your underwear.

You call all of your friends by the names John, Jane, Johnny, Janey, because it's easier. :)

Anyone else ever have this happen? You are completely aware of your suroundings one minute and the next you just sort of "blank out" and are not sure when you walked into the next room, or just stop in the middle of a sentance and I mean it's more than losing your train of thought. Could I be having partial seizures on top of the grand mals?

my gf always jokes how everyday must be like 'Groundhog Day" for me! :)

Last edited:
A good bit of time I wear a robe around the house, mainly to keep the cat hair off my clothes.

Once when my husband and I were going somewhere I got into the car and the door wouldn't shut. I looked down and I still had the robe on, I'd forgotten to take it off and put on my jacket.

My husband started laughing because he knew I had that robe on but he wanted to see how long it was going to take me to figure it out. I just wonder if he would have let me keep it on until we got to where we were going?

Your memory is bad when you forget how to spell and write your name. I was at a new doctor to have a growth removed from my face so I had to fill out a bunch of forms and could not remember how to spell or write my name.

^-- Don't feel to bad. I tend to misspell my name if I sign to fast. Or when I need to sign too many forms.

You end up buying multiples of the same DVD from bargain bins. Many times the you never opened the first copies you already purchased. lol

^
^
My name has A LOT of loops - especially when signed and not printed. So many of times when I sign my name, I get confused and forget which loop I was signing and misspell my name (no matter how slow I write it!).

wwwDOThuffingtonpostDOTcom/2014/10/28/forgetful-people-problems_n_6044404.html?1414519146&utm_source=pleated-jeans.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange

3. That pointless feeling after wasting 30 minutes of your life searching for your keys. // 4. And the agony of realizing they were in your car the entire time.

(One of the times) I locked my keys in my car, I didn't realize it until I went to go home from work. I was actually convinced I DIDNT lock them in the car and DIDNT believe it until I went to my car and saw my keys...behind the locked doors....IN THE IGNITION!!!!!

I still don't know how I managed to do that one.

------

One is missing on that list though....

The immense panic of losing your glasses when though they were on the top of your head the whole time - on ON your face.

When you eat breakfast late, you decide to skip lunch, then forget to eat dinner.

You forget your way home. So you get a pizza delivered, and follow the pizza guy to your house. :)

spent yesterday day looking for the phone while talking to someone on it

How about walking into a office supply store, you plan to pay by check. As you start to fill out the check, your pen dies. You ask the clerk, do you have a pen I could barrow?

You start a thread on here about something asking all sorts of questions and someone posts link to another thread about the same subject. That's when you see that the thread that you were linked to was one that you started and all of your questions had already been answered!

Back
Top Bottom