Chia Seeds - Super food for all diets?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

YES, when I cashier at the food coop, we sell them bulk and loads of people buy them. I am going to get some for me. PS, I found tripling up on my Omega 3's is great! more energy and feeling better.

PS I use fresh pressed Flax oil, not seeds. I also take fish oil, my research showed NOT to use COD liver oil. They are a threatened species and you can get "sardines' and anchovy oils. They are also the LEAST murcury/and other toxins fish.

You might want to take another look at chia seeds.

They are not suitable for a ketogenic diet

The carbs in chia seeds are all fiber. Don't they allow fiber in the ketogenic diet? I am new here and not familiar with the rules for the keto diet but my husband and I are on the Adkins diet to lower blood pressure, loose weight and hopefully help with his seizures. The Adkins diet allows you to not count fiber carbohydrates because your body can't break down the fiber as carbs.

They gain a tapioca like texture when soaked in water/drinks.
You can make a yummy pudding out of them by soaking them in some coconut cream overnight with a dash of vanilla and cinnamon.

And about the carbs. Yeah it is mostly fiber. Some diets go by total carbs and some by net carbs (total minus fiber). I think Atkins goes by net carbs (?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom